Marquardt wants another title shot, Dan Hardy interested in Marcus Davis

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Marquardt wants another title shot, Dan Hardy interested in Marcus Davis
MMAcca
2/22/09 12:18:17PM
Porch28
2/22/09 12:27:07PM
I say let Maia and Marquardt square off and winner gets Silva. That would be a sick fight.
Hendo67
2/22/09 12:54:00PM
I agree, i honestly think Nate would smash Maia...Nate is too big, and too strong for Maia, imo
The_Metal_Maniac
2/22/09 12:58:24PM
Nate vs. Maia winner gets the shot, but what about Okomi when does Anderson get his revenge?
cmb19932
2/22/09 1:02:26PM
now hardy vs davis is an idea im into
jiujitsufreak74
2/22/09 1:11:38PM
i would love to see Hardy vs Davis; that match has fireworks written all over it. both fighters are favorites of mine, but Davis is my second favorite fighter behind only Aoki so i will cheer for him. either way it is a good fight for both guys and it will definitely bring excitement to any UFC card.
gartface
2/22/09 1:44:14PM
I've been saying for a while that if Nate was to fight Anderson again, he'd beat him. I do like the idea of Marquardt vs. Maia for the next shot after Leites and Okami.

Hardy vs. Davis has fireworks written all over it. FotY material.
ziegler3334
2/22/09 1:50:04PM
Hardy v Davis would be great! I really like hardy, think he's going to have some big, exciting fights this next year.

Marquardt, Maia, Okami, and Bisping/Hendo winner can all make there claim for a shot at anderson silva. For cleaning out the devision, he still has a lot of challengers. I think that the bisping/hendo winner must get an immediate title shot. With that fight going down at 100, silva could defend his belt once more before them, after leites. Altho i'm not sure they would force that. So my bet is that silva will beat leites, then wait for bisping/hendo winner. During that time, Marquardt, Maia, and Okami will have to have fights amonst themselves to determine who will be next. But it looks like someone might be left waiting awhile for their shot (a la Alves and Florian at WW and LW right now, or Machida at LHW).

But it they might just be position jockeying for who gets to take a beating, because i wouldn't give any of them too much of a chance against silva. ok, MAYBE maia.
Mayhem13
2/22/09 1:59:06PM
Would be some cool fight but I would rather see

Marquardt vs okami
Davis vs koscheck
Hardy vs AJ
Maia vs palhares
lohmann
2/22/09 3:00:07PM
Davis vs. Hardy would be a great fight for England. I'd like to see the winner of that against Johnson. The UFC has a ton of exciting strikers falling into their lap at welterweight now.

It seems even fighters forget that Okami exists. Marquardt vs. Maia is a fight I am not interested in seeing but should probably happen.
loller90278
2/22/09 3:11:47PM
unfortunately i think Okami is going to get shafted like Karo did a couple years back. One injury and he gets forgotten about. Hopefully they give him a "gimme" fight and faces Silva after the winner henderson/bisping?
lohmann
2/22/09 3:18:39PM

Posted by loller90278

unfortunately i think Okami is going to get shafted like Karo did a couple years back. One injury and he gets forgotten about. Hopefully they give him a "gimme" fight and faces Silva after the winner henderson/bisping?

Henderson vs. Bisping is probably going to be in July with the winner getting a crack at the 185 title in December. I think Silva will defend his title once more if he defeats Leites, especially if he does so in short order, prior to that fight.
supatolacyl
2/22/09 5:51:06PM
There are more deserving fighters then Marquardt.; I'd liek to see fome fresh meat against Silva. Marquardt got straight up mauled by Anderson, so why give him another shot before Henderson who atleast put up a decent fight. I still would rather see guys Silva hasn't fought before, My favorite would be Maia then Okami since he just coming off an injury. I do believe Maia and Thales have the best chances against Anderson. You also can't forget about Cote, I personally think Anderson was just toying with him in thier fight before his injury, but it made Cote look like he was gettin the better of the action and you never know what the ufc is thinking. WAR MAIA
mach
2/22/09 6:47:48PM
I wish I could forget about Cote.

Right now its coming down to Maia, Marquardt, Okami and Bisping/Hendo. Bisping/Hendo will be busy til well after 100, Maia fighting Marquardt or Okami for a shot seems fair to me. Okami really probably should get a shot first, followed by the winner of Bisping/Hendo and then the next goes to Marquardt/Maia winner, but thats assuming everything goes to "plan", so to speak
ncordless
2/22/09 7:00:03PM
Hardy vs. Davis would be huge. Hardy was strong and accurate with his hands last night and it would be interesting to see how each deals with the other's striking.
jakeiceman
2/22/09 7:01:01PM
Mia's Jits is stellar but I would definately pick Marquardt in this match. I think he is just too strong with too much experience to fall to an easy sub. Not that there is anything easy about Mia's subs but he sure makes it look easy. Right now I think Nate is coming into his own and is going to be very hard to beat.
breakdown5
2/22/09 8:07:21PM
I think Hardy/Davis would be a f'n war. Brawl of the year.
higdon10
2/22/09 8:37:08PM

Posted by jakeiceman
Right now I think Nate is coming into his own and is going to be very hard to beat.

prozacnation1978
2/23/09 12:15:51AM
maia vs nate could be at ufc 100 while hardy vs davis in germany
still think nate is a win away