Marquardt vs. Sexyama booked for UFC 128

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Marquardt vs. Sexyama booked for UFC 128
emfleek
1/6/11 2:55:01PM
A middleweight bout between former No. 1 contender Nate Marquardt and Yoshihiro Akiyama has been slated for UFC 128 in Newark, N.J., on March 19, according to multiple sources.

Contracts have been distributed and verbal agreements are in place from both fighters.

LINK
postman
1/6/11 2:57:51PM
Walking paper for Sexy?
gartface
1/6/11 2:59:45PM

Posted by postman

Walking paper for Sexy?

Every time I think that Marquardt has it in the bag, he gets tooled. I don't know what to think anymore.
Twenty20Dollars
1/6/11 3:15:56PM
I think I might pick Akiyama because I'm not really a believer in Nate anymore.
postman
1/6/11 3:21:51PM
Its not a title fight or a #1 contender fight. I think the UFC must hate Sexy hes the only guy who gets tougher matches after a loss.
FastKnockout
1/6/11 3:25:10PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

Walking paper for Sexy?

Every time I think that Marquardt has it in the bag, he gets tooled. I don't know what to think anymore.

I agree. I'll probably go with him anyway though. Oh, and the UFC must really dislike Akiyama.
Bloodhound
1/6/11 5:59:11PM
war Sexyama he really needs the win and he can get it if he fights smart.
Chael_Sonnen
1/6/11 6:53:26PM
Nate by UD.
pmoney
1/6/11 7:22:09PM
I think Nate will take this one. He will have a fire under his ass after Dana White's recent criticism of his performance against Okami. Marquardt will definitely be coming out looking to finish Akiyama.

At least he better. The way things have been lately I can see The Great getting The Cut if he loses. He is 1-2 in his last three......
prozacnation1978
1/6/11 10:42:36PM
First name that popped up when sonnen couldn't fight was nate
Second was maia
jae_1833
1/7/11 12:34:53AM
Nate should win this...but if he doesn't he should be reduced to an undercard fight, Sexy however may be getting his walking papers for sure.
ChokeUout
1/7/11 12:42:47AM
Nate should be able to take this however he wants. Akiyama puts on great fights and I love him for that. But in the UFC he's 1-2, and I think he lost the one win he did get. This should put the nail in the coffin for yosihiro, especially if Nate finishes it like I think he will.