Marquardt vs. Leites

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Marquardt vs. Leites
Rush
6/4/08 7:45:19PM
Obviously other people don't seem to have a problem picking this one, but I am having trouble.

I think Leites is pretty talented, but I haven't seen him fight too many (if any) top guys. I think Nate has been given a little more credit than he deserves, but at least I have seen him fight some talented guys. i.e. I really haven't been that impressed with Nate (other than the Horn fight) in his past few fights.

I don't know. For some reason I am leaning toward Leites on this one, but the fact that he hasn't fought upper tier fighters has me stumped.

Anyone else want to chime in?
89vision
6/4/08 7:47:42PM
im picking leites, the horn fight helped me with this pick
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/4/08 7:48:50PM
i have marquardt but this is one of those i might change last minute
wolfman
6/4/08 7:57:03PM
I definitely feel your pain! This fight is closer than the site's pick percentages show. To me, this is a 55/45 fight for Nate. Nate has the edge in experience and quality of opponents, as you already mentioned and I feel that will get him the win. Thales BJJ rates higher than Nate's imo and that could be a problem. However, Nate has only been submitted twice in his career and his last submission loss was nearly 5 years ago. Yes, anything can happen in MMA, but I feel Nate should be able to negate any attempts thrown his way. There is a chance that Thales could pull off a slick submission though, but I see Nate winning by decision. Hope this helps.
RandyCouture
6/4/08 8:02:56PM

Nate is a great fighter and more credit then he deserves he is the only guy to become a 7 time King of Pancreas. Nate is a very talanted fighter who I think will be able to nullify leites subs.

Taking Nate early 2nd or 3rd round tko
Franklinfan47
6/4/08 8:32:57PM
I am taking Marquardt by a decision. I think he should be able to neutralize Leites jj and pound on him for 3 rounds.
JBatch
6/4/08 9:38:13PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I am taking Marquardt by a decision. I think he should be able to neutralize Leites jj and pound on him for 3 rounds.

I see it happening the same way. Marquardt is one strong SOB, I don't see him making any silly mistakes and getting caught. I say "The Great" by UD.
gartface
6/4/08 9:44:45PM

Posted by JBatch

Posted by Franklinfan47

I see it happening the same way. Marquardt is one strong SOB, I don't see him making any silly mistakes and getting caught. I say "The Great" by UD.

Yeah, I think that Marquardt is too strong for Leites. Either KO/TKO, or even a sub by Nate.
wolfman
6/4/08 10:17:55PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by JBatch

Posted by Franklinfan47

Yeah, I think that Marquardt is too strong for Leites. Either KO/TKO, or even a sub by Nate.

Nate more than likely won't sub Thales. His best bet is by judge's decision or TKO.
prozacnation1978
6/4/08 10:52:43PM
i say decision either way but i am so glad this made the main card
Mchubb316
6/4/08 11:17:02PM
I think Nate is stronger, and is more than capable on the ground. His strength, and his fights against tougher opposition will be the deciding factor in my opinion. Nate first or second round tko.
Pookie
6/6/08 5:36:48AM
Marquardt by decision.
ToeZup
6/6/08 3:58:52PM
I just have to go with Marquardt in this one.
I know Thales is a great fighter but after rewatching the Kampmann/Leites fight, (I know it's old), I just don't see him beating Nate of all guys. Nate is too powerfull.
candynuts
6/6/08 4:03:46PM
Yea im picking Leites because of the underdog bonus. To me he is just too good of a fighter to be 20/80 against Marquardt. Marquardt is very well rounded so it will be hard to decide how Leites will win, but if Leites didn't have the underdog bonus, im not sure if i'd make the pick.
DangerousDjohn
6/6/08 4:28:04PM
Im picking Leites. Im just not going against a brazilian ever again.