Marquardt's leg during the fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Marquardt's leg during the fight
FastKnockout
1/13/13 11:12:44AM

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
kopower
1/13/13 11:23:23AM
Would love to see what that sucker looks like in the next few days.
SpiderSilva
1/13/13 11:26:07AM
Damn. I fell asleep too soon. Gotta watch that when I get off work today.
FastKnockout
1/13/13 11:35:02AM

Posted by kopower

Would love to see what that sucker looks like in the next few days.

Here's what it looks like today

kopower
1/13/13 11:46:14AM
Huh, actually not as bad as I thought.
sparky
1/13/13 11:52:52AM
He ate leg kick after leg kick I'm surprised he didnt get finished nasty leg kicks I've seen anyone take
BuffaloDave
1/13/13 12:15:07PM
Best tweet of the night about the leg was from Tommy Toe hold when he said it was doing it's best JDS' face impression.
FastKnockout
1/13/13 1:15:08PM

Posted by sparky

He ate leg kick after leg kick I'm surprised he didnt get finished nasty leg kicks I've seen anyone take

Those last night were nasty but still nothing compared to what Aldo did to Faber
frizzzlecake
1/13/13 2:39:10PM
I thought the commentary were going overboard about the leg. Yes it looked nasty but they made it sound like Nate's knee was going to do the RG3, Still happy Nate lost because I didn't want him to get a title shot because he was the strikeforce champ crap.
tcunningham
1/13/13 3:56:15PM
i couldn't believe how many kicks went unchecked! i still think nate has some great matchups in the ufc's WW div.
MALICE
1/13/13 5:59:47PM
Only two fights have ever made me cringe while watching them. Faber/Aldo and Marquardt/Saffiedine.
aussiemma
1/14/13 4:58:25AM

Posted by MALICE

Only two fights have ever made me cringe while watching them. Faber/Aldo and Marquardt/Saffiedine.

what about glover vs maldonado.. that whole fight was cringe worthy, worst beat down i have ever seen
jaguar_paw
1/18/13 3:43:44PM

Posted by tcunningham

i couldn't believe how many kicks went unchecked! i still think nate has some great matchups in the ufc's WW div.

Agree.
Maybe he was sick or just looking past his opponent??

He still has absolutely dominating wins over 2 top 10 Welterweights on his resume.
I hope it's not that he's just not evolved at all in the last few years, while most others have gotten better.
TheShaman
1/21/13 4:12:08PM

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by MALICE

what about glover vs maldonado.. that whole fight was cringe worthy, worst beat down i have ever seen

Only one fight has ever made me say "stop the fight" at the television. It was one of the early UFC tournaments back when I was in high school. I was young and stupid (not that all high schoolers are stupid like I was), so I had a blood lust back then and a high fortitude for violence, so my friend's were stunned when they heard me say they should stop the fight.

It was one of the Gracie brothers who was getting kneed in the top of the head while he was laying down... over and over for so long. That was legal back then. I thought the UFC might see it's first death and genuinely wanted them to stop the fight.

One that made me cringe was that Sumo wrestler who had his nose broken. It was bleeding profusely but I didn't notice all the blood until he grazed his face against the cage while falling down, which gave the illusion that he snagged his teeth on the fence and it ripped some of his teeth out. I was cringing until the replays showed it was a punch to the nose that caused all the blood.
Boo_Radley21
2/5/13 11:27:28AM
Jeesus murphy that was fucked