To put it all on Marquardt?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » To put it all on Marquardt?
ijung
6/26/07 10:15:16PM
25 - 6 - 2
His losses coming from 4 decesions and 2 submissions. He has never been KO'd or TKO'd i believe.
Do you guys think Marquardt has a pretty good chance of beating Silva? The odds are pretty good so far at +255.
MrLehman
6/26/07 10:27:51PM
I am thinking about it, he has beaten some excellent submission guys too, Joe Doerksen, Dean Lister, Kazuo Misaki, A. Silva really showed vulnerability against Lutter, WAR MARQUARDT!!
KillaMed87
6/26/07 10:32:29PM
You bring up a good point, but Silva has never been knocked out either...and he usally KOs his opponents. I dont see Nate knocking out or subin Silva.

Close fight but id give it to Silva by a split desicion
MrLehman
6/26/07 10:54:19PM

Posted by KillaMed87

You bring up a good point, but Silva has never been knocked out either...and he usally KOs his opponents. I dont see Nate knocking out or subin Silva.

Close fight but id give it to Silva by a split desicion

I dont see a decision, Both these guys like finish fights, Anderson hasn't had a decision since 2004 IF it does go decision it will be Marquardt. But i see Nate putting him to sleep earlier than that.
szucconi
6/26/07 11:00:01PM
I think if it goes the distance the Marquardt has the advantage. If Silva takes it, it will be by 2nd or 3rd round T/KO. If you watch the Okami v. Silva fight then you will see that Okami controlled the fight until the up kick. He didn't dominate, but he controlled it. I think this leaves an opening for Marquardt to take Silva down and control the fight. Sliva can dominate when the fight is standing, but Nate has only lost by sub to one man, Genki Sudo, if you know who he is then you'll know that Silva is not at that level on the ground. Silva will have to find a way to keep it standing or he will lose. With the odds the way they are now, I would say Nate is a good bet. He only has to win about 29% of the time for you to make money, if my math is right.
MrLehman
6/26/07 11:07:03PM
tuvok500
6/26/07 11:12:17PM
I think silva will dominate the fight.
his clinch is top level and he is no joke on the ground too.
he always go for the ko and put pressure all the fight nonstop.

silva round 3 ko / tko
MrLehman
6/26/07 11:18:57PM
Why ya beating the dead horse?
tuvok500
6/26/07 11:27:14PM
sorry
i like horse
cincyassasin
6/26/07 11:38:03PM
I got Nate all day.....His ground is better than Lutter and he gave Silva a run for his money on the ground not to mention Nate has a very decent stand up.
ijung
6/27/07 3:29:31AM
Ya thats what i was thinking.. Lol im gonna put the rest of what i have on Marquardt and hopefully he can pull a W
CornishMMA
6/27/07 1:22:41PM
Im definately wagering on Nate and hope the odds get even better

BUT

it all depends on how good Silva sprawl is, he said he had knee problems in the Lutter fight and thats why he was taken down 2/3 times, but is this true? even if it i think Nate can get him down and his BJJ is better than Silva (who has a gift blackbelt) and he will sub him, during the standup Nate should do a good job of not getting hit
Hicksville
6/28/07 9:41:23AM
^ That's true, according to Joe Rogan, who met him at the hotel after the Lutter fight. He wasn't able to walk on his feet, and had his friends/coaches help him get around. He had surgery on both knees 11 weeks prior to that bout.

Nate is a tough guy, but no way in hell is he winning this fight. He has never met anyone as good a striker as Silva, so if they stand, I'm guessing a (T)KO in the first two rounds. But I'm sure it will go to the ground, where I believe Silva will catch him in something eventually. Silva is extremely active from the bottom and won't get submitted. - And he sure as hell won't get KO'ed. He has a top 5 chin in MMA, IMHO.

I would say Mark Bocek is the best underdog bet on 73. Frank Edgar is amazing, but I just have a hunch he will have problems defending the submissions from a guy who just won the 2007 ADCC tournament.
CornishMMA
6/28/07 10:45:22AM
wow i didnt know that - Is Bocek as gooder wresltler as Edgar though? I agree he is a good dog to bet on so im putting a bit on him already, may up it if he really has a massive edge in subs
rcg916
6/28/07 11:11:06AM

Posted by Hicksville

I would say Mark Bocek is the best underdog bet on 73. Frank Edgar is amazing, but I just have a hunch he will have problems defending the submissions from a guy who just won the 2007 ADCC tournament.

Uuuuh, Bocek won ONE match at ADCC. And it was against Drew Fickett, not an established submission guy (hes more of a wrestler learning subs) Winning one match is a lot different than winning the whole tournament. Quite a big difference.
Hicksville
6/28/07 11:28:41AM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by Hicksville

Uuuuh, Bocek won ONE match at ADCC. And it was against Drew Fickett, not an established submission guy (hes more of a wrestler learning subs) Winning one match is a lot different than winning the whole tournament. Quite a big difference.

Shit, my bad. Last time I take anything posted on the Sherdog forum at face value.

rcg916
6/28/07 11:37:00AM

Posted by Hicksville

Posted by rcg916

Posted by Hicksville

Shit, my bad. Last time I take anything posted on the Sherdog forum at face value.

lol, Ive made that mistake before too!
peppermintfatty
6/28/07 7:18:48PM
To everyone talking about how Marquardt has never been knocked out, let me ask you this:

Name one man he has fought with knockout power? The 155 lb Genki Sudo who ended up submitting him?

Anserson Silva has fought great grapplers before, but Nate has never faced even a decent striker in his weight class.
peppermintfatty
6/28/07 7:22:02PM
I seem to remember Anderson Silva, not far removed from double knee surgery, pretty easily choking out submission master Lutter on the ground.

Nate definately has a very good chance of beating Silva, but I just don't think it is as big a likelihood as most people seem to think.

If nothing else we all know we are in for a good fight.
TOMMYAYO05
6/28/07 7:58:32PM
Ehhh Im thinkin The Spider will take this one easily.come on he just tapped out a sumbmission expert and if nate stands up he will be put to sleep in the first.
Hicksville
6/28/07 8:57:07PM

Posted by peppermintfatty

To everyone talking about how Marquardt has never been knocked out, let me ask you this:

Name one man he has fought with knockout power? The 155 lb Genki Sudo who ended up submitting him?

Anserson Silva has fought great grapplers before, but Nate has never faced even a decent striker in his weight class.

Hmm.