Marquardt's move to 170

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Marquardt's move to 170
hashyandy4
4/14/11 9:02:15PM
So lets say that Nate stays at 170. If he gets passed Rumble (which i think he will) Who would be next and how many fights until a title shot? I think 3 straight wins gets him that title shot, and if he gets buy rumble, im thinkin the winner of Condit vs Stun Gun or winner of Alves vs story.
Budgellism
4/14/11 9:22:01PM

Posted by hashyandy4

So lets say that Nate stays at 170. If he gets passed Rumble (which i think he will) Who would be next and how many fights until a title shot? I think 3 straight wins gets him that title shot, and if he gets buy rumble, im thinkin the winner of Condit vs Stun Gun or winner of Alves vs story.

I think the ufc will try to get him a title shot. They're running out of options at WW and Marquardt is at the very least another challenger to GSP. If he gets past Johnson I'm thinking they'll either just give him the shot or throw him in a number one contenders match.
sbulldavid
4/14/11 11:37:23PM
Marquardt and GSP will not fight because GSP has said that he doesn't want to fight his friends.
tcunningham
4/15/11 2:31:12AM
im all for it. GSP getter get over it cause after shields who the hell is he supposed to fight? i like nate moving to 170.
KTFOd
4/19/11 1:05:52PM
I have a feeling this is actually going to screw Fitch over. If Fitch beats Penn, he is going to probably fight the winner of Marquardt/ Johnson. Then if GSP decides to vacate his title (this would give him enough time to bulk up), Fitch would probably have to fight another person to be champ, possibly Condit (assuming he wins his next 2 fights).
Rabi
4/19/11 4:57:04PM
I agree Sbulldavid, GSP and Nate wont fight as they both train with Greg Jackson, but saying that there is a lot of exciting fights for Nate at 170.