Marquardt: "I'm Going To Take That Belt."

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Marquardt: "I'm Going To Take That Belt."
zephead
3/22/07 4:09:03PM
I’m going to take the belt. That’s all there is to it.”

LINK
randyleprechaun
3/22/07 4:56:01PM
I think Silvas gonna be too explosive for Nate.

Mardquart deserves the title shot before both Franklin and Swick, but that doesnt mean he has the best chance of the three at defeating the current champ!
chris_armour
3/22/07 7:05:52PM
Marquardt will easily take the belt and hold it for as long as he likes. He should have gotten this ooportunity sooner.
rcg916
3/22/07 7:10:17PM
Well then Ill be sending a wager request your way when the time comes, thats for sure... I think Silva will beat him easily..
AchillesHeel
3/23/07 12:38:57PM
Yeah, I don't see Marquardt beating Silva, either.

Some "MMA math"...

1. Marquardt is a submission fighter. Of his 25 pro wins, 12 were by submission hold, 7 were by decision, only 6 were by (T)KO or submission due to strikes.

2. Marquardt hasn't fought any high-quality strikers. The striking game is largely mitigated by Pancrase rules, and the only striker he's fought in the UFC was Crafton Wallace. I didn't see that fight, but I'm going to go out on a limb and declare that Silva is better than Wallace. Call me crazy.

3. Silva has two losses by submission hold on his pro record. The most recent was that crazy thing Chonan put on him in '04. People generally acknowledge that Chonan was winning that fight anyway, but the ending was nutso.

4. Silva has fought plenty of decent grapplers. Some people actually thought Travis Lutter was going to win that fight.

Anyway, I'd say Marquardt has one chance in three, and I'll be picking Silva to win by TKO without a second thought.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/26/07 2:37:26PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Yeah, I don't see Marquardt beating Silva, either.

Some "MMA math"...

1. Marquardt is a submission fighter. Of his 25 pro wins, 12 were by submission hold, 7 were by decision, only 6 were by (T)KO or submission due to strikes.

2. Marquardt hasn't fought any high-quality strikers. The striking game is largely mitigated by Pancrase rules, and the only striker he's fought in the UFC was Crafton Wallace. I didn't see that fight, but I'm going to go out on a limb and declare that Silva is better than Wallace. Call me crazy.

3. Silva has two losses by submission hold on his pro record. The most recent was that crazy thing Chonan put on him in '04. People generally acknowledge that Chonan was winning that fight anyway, but the ending was nutso.

4. Silva has fought plenty of decent grapplers. Some people actually thought Travis Lutter was going to win that fight.

Anyway, I'd say Marquardt has one chance in three, and I'll be picking Silva to win by TKO without a second thought.

Good points. I also thing the level of competition in cage rage, pride, and UFC are of a higher caliber than Pancrease. Not to say Marquart has been facing cans, but I think Anderson has fought more established competition with the exception of a few guys on both sides