MARK MY WORDS: up and commers!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » MARK MY WORDS: up and commers!
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/1/07 1:00:14AM
Mark my words,

Antoni Hardonk will be a HW contender in the UFC. Trains Muay Thai outta Ernesto Hoosts camp and BJJ with Overeem's gym. He wont beat CC but he will light it up in future matches.

Thiago Alves will be a contender in the Welterwieght div. too. That kid has a 77 inch reach on a 5,8 frame INSANITY!!

but ya those two IMO are gonna bolster the UFC ranks (if alves stops taking illegal substances)

your thoughts!!
hippysmacker
2/1/07 1:03:07AM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Mark my words,

Antoni Hardonk will be a HW contender in the UFC. Trains Muay Thai outta Ernesto Hoosts camp and BJJ with Overeem's gym. He wont beat CC but he will light it up in future matches.

Thiago Alves will be a contender in the Welterwieght div. too. That kid has a 77 inch reach on a 5,8 frame INSANITY!!

but ya those two IMO are gonna bolster the UFC ranks (if alves stops taking illegal substances)

your thoughts!!

I agree with Hardonk. I still need to see more of Alves from his back, before I think he's a contender.
ac_gi
2/1/07 1:19:01AM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Thiago Alves will be a contender in the Welterwieght div. too. That kid has a 77 inch reach on a 5,8 frame...

Sounds like an armbar candidate to me.
Svartorm
2/1/07 2:39:37AM
I was impressed with Hardonk, although he looked lost on his back. Hopefully he went to the gym with that in mind and made some improvements. Training with Hoost, you certainly can't fault his leg kicks!
www-WeLoan-us
2/1/07 8:58:38AM
I couldnt agree more about Thiago he is definitly going to be a contender. He is 23 and has great power once he works more on his sub. defense watch out.
Stickan
2/1/07 10:14:15AM
Has anybody seen his fight in K-1 Romanex which he lost by UD to some unknown dude?

I got interested in Hardonk after his last fight but he doesn't really have a record to boast with so I'd like to see the fights he lost to see what kind of fighter he is.

If it was Page - Eastman UD losses or more of Lister - Marquardt kind of losses.
allevil86
2/1/07 10:40:03AM
Definately need to see more out of both of these guys.
BloodandTears
2/1/07 10:52:00AM

Posted by allevil86

Definately need to see more out of both of these guys.

Ryoto Machida will continue making a stir in MMA. Bisping will shake off the cobwebs as well.
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/1/07 1:23:38PM

Posted by Svartorm

I was impressed with Hardonk, although he looked lost on his back. Hopefully he went to the gym with that in mind and made some improvements. Training with Hoost, you certainly can't fault his leg kicks!

I got the chance to watch Hardonk in Rumble on the rock against Wes Sims and he made Wes look stupid. Wes Sims wrestling played virtually no factor in that fight of which he lost to via keylock I believe....

IMO Thiago will be the future of 170 lbs div (After the reign of GSP) and he would be a monster in the LW, if he continues to improve like he has been. But training with ATT you know the only way your going is up!!
cowcatcher
2/1/07 2:00:51PM
Wes Sims usually does a pretty good job of making Wes Sims look stupid.
DeadguY
2/1/07 2:28:07PM
I saw a video of Sims powerbombing an older guy in a cage match. Seemed really proud of himself too.
Jeffanori-Gomi
2/1/07 2:31:10PM

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Thiago Alves will be a contender in the Welterwieght div. too. That kid has a 77 inch reach on a 5,8 frame...

GSP has a 77 reach too and Hughes pulled one off on him
DoTheMMAth
2/1/07 4:01:36PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

GSP has a 77 reach too and Hughes pulled one off on him

True, but GSP was a young fighter at the time, called Matt Hughes "his idol" before the fight etc. The current GSP has the mental strength that the old one lacked. Top WW in the world at the moment, hands down.
madmarck
2/1/07 4:40:29PM
What the UFC needs is Chris Horodecki in the LW division. That kid is amazing and is a big LW. He trains with Team Tompkins (sam Stout, Mark Hominick) and has awesome Thai and wrestling skils!
Hangton
2/1/07 5:03:35PM
ugh ya i agree Hordonk could really be somehting but i still would like too see Alves a lil more
hippysmacker
2/1/07 7:55:03PM

Posted by madmarck

What the UFC needs is Chris Horodecki in the LW division. That kid is amazing and is a big LW. He trains with Team Tompkins (sam Stout, Mark Hominick) and has awesome Thai and wrestling skils!

I agree about Horodecki , saw him make a great comback in the IFL to pullone out. Good striker, really young. I also, think Hominick is lightning fast, with a sick pace.
Reignofterror
2/2/07 12:09:22AM
Thanks...
the-james
2/2/07 4:01:32PM

Posted by madmarck

I agree 100% horodeckis amazing and i think him stout and mark will all be lightweight contenders in a couple of years
Trapt1nw0nder
2/2/07 4:50:59PM
Antoni Hardonk is a great Kickboxer and i think he and CroCop would be a war of leg kicks.......i wouldnt count Hardonk out either......but he just started out with MMA so i wouldnt feed him to crocop just yet....he needs 3-4 more fights then he'll hopefully be a contender

Alves...in welterweight.....hmmm....there is soo much good competition in Welterweight right now...and yeah...we need to see more of his fights....which wont be anytime soon.......we need to see him in deep water...we need to see his chin tested..maybe late 07
madmarck
2/5/07 2:24:46PM
Horodeck i guy. Mark MY words. This kid will make a splash in the UFC.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Manfred
2/5/07 2:54:51PM
I think in 3-5 years, the Lauzon brothers could be the LW Emelianenko's. They are both so young and have great skills already