Mark Munoz wants a title shot, says Michael Bisping wouldn't last three-rounds with him

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mark Munoz wants a title shot, says Michael Bisping wouldn't last three-rounds with him
prophecy033
3/27/12 1:25:15AM
Top Middleweight contender Mark Munoz, who was last seen in action defeating Chris Leben in November, discusses the injury that forced him out of UFC on Fox 2, as well as who he would like to fight upon his return. Munoz also responds to recent remarks made by Michael Bisping, and shares his thoughts on a potential match-up with the Brit

Link
Budgellism
3/27/12 1:59:53AM
I'd love to see that fight. More than the Boetsch fight. Maybe match Munoz with Weidman.
Pookie
3/27/12 3:11:27AM
Ha! I bet Bisping would beat him on the scorecards by at least 2 rounds over a 3 round fight.
Shawn91111
3/27/12 6:00:15AM
Mark, you barely got by Maia and some thought Maia won that fight so id settle down a bit.
Bubbles
3/27/12 12:26:29PM
everybody wants to fight Bisping and say they will run through him, yet only Henderson has been able to do that
KungFuMaster
3/27/12 12:47:48PM
Munoz has been very gun-shy in his recent fights. If he wants Anderson, he needs to change his whole outlook on attitude and fight strategies.

Just ask Okami what happens when you are gun-shy and passive against Silva.
Bubbles
3/27/12 12:52:15PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

and Belfort
prophecy033
3/27/12 1:06:27PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster

and Belfort

or how about everyone other then Chael
Chael_Sonnen
3/27/12 1:32:52PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Mark, you barely got by Maia and some thought Maia won that fight so id settle down a bit.

Yeah, and got rag dolled against Okami.....just because you have a donkey kong punch doesn't mean you deserve the next title shot....go have a BK Stacker with Andy and relax, wait your turn, and then maybe, must maybe, Uncle Chael will grant you a title shot.
tcunningham
3/27/12 1:34:23PM
after bispings performance against chael, i think bisping would win this fight. i think chael has been the more effective wrestler compared to munoz and bisping was stuffing a ton of chael's shots AND getting his back against the fence. i think bisping could keep it on the feet and out box him. munoz has serious punching power but i think bispings standup is still a lot better. id still root for munoz though haha
Bubbles
3/27/12 2:27:51PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster

and Belfort

or how about everyone other then Chael

Leben, Griffin, and Irvin all came in swinging and got KTFO, so almost everyone other than Chael
george112
3/27/12 2:44:44PM
Big words from Munoz.

No hurt in him trying to get his name out there
Boo_Radley21
3/27/12 2:48:43PM
Munoz vs the winner of Bisping Boetsch would be awesome. I give him either fight
prozacnation1978
3/27/12 6:27:02PM
I think munoz vs weidman next
bjj1605
3/27/12 8:22:26PM

Posted by george112

Big words from Munoz.

Of course their is.

All fighters other than Chael Sonnen get criticized for trying to further their careers with big talk rather than big actions.

I, for one, think that Munoz would be a much tougher test for Anderson than Chael.

Chael has wrestling but nothing else.

Munoz has wrestling, striking, and ground and pound.
Chael_Sonnen
3/27/12 8:42:03PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by george112

Big words from Munoz.

Of course their is.

All fighters other than Chael Sonnen get criticized for trying to further their careers with big talk rather than big actions.

I, for one, think that Munoz would be a much tougher test for Anderson than Chael.

Chael has nothing else? Who dropped who more in their last fight? Oh yeah, I forgot that Andy had a boo-boo
bjj1605
3/27/12 9:11:59PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Chael has nothing else? Who dropped who more in their last fight? Oh yeah, I forgot that Andy had a boo-boo

But Uncle Chael was still the one crying "uncle" in the end.

No matter how much talking you and he do, there is no way around that fact.
Chael_Sonnen
3/27/12 9:14:37PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Chael didn't tap....watch the fight again. I mean, a grown man shouldn't wrap his legs around another man......gross.....pink sweaters and earrings =
Bubbles
3/27/12 11:14:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

lol come on man. Munoz had problems with the striking of DAMIAN MAIA of all people. Both fighters have ground and pound...one just happens to finish world beaters like Dolloway and Grove while the other pounds away at guys who virtually never get stopped via strikes. Oh and Chael's wrestling >>>>>>>>>>> Munoz's wrestling.

I know you hate the guy but be realistic
bjj1605
3/27/12 11:54:38PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Chael didn't tap....watch the fight again. I mean, a grown man shouldn't wrap his legs around another man......gross.....pink sweaters and earrings =

You just lost all credibility.

Chael absolutely tapped.

Considering what a loud mouth this guy is, I'm sure he would have jumped up and complained right after the ref intervened if he hadn't tapped.
ghandikush
3/28/12 4:50:02PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by bjj1605

lol come on man. Munoz had problems with the striking of DAMIAN MAIA of all people. Both fighters have ground and pound...one just happens to finish world beaters like Dolloway and Grove while the other pounds away at guys who virtually never get stopped via strikes. Oh and Chael's wrestling >>>>>>>>>>> Munoz's wrestling.

I know you hate the guy but be realistic

Absolutely. Shields needs to win a couple so he can beat anderson. Munoz had one of the ugliest fights against Okami. He'd get his ass kicked easilly by Anderson standing, then hes stuck having to use the same tools Chael has to use.

Also Chael was on a lot of testosterone, but you know, he punched like it too so we'll forget that