Mark Hunt wants Alistair Overeem rematch upon UFC return

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mark Hunt wants Alistair Overeem rematch upon UFC return
Budgellism
11/2/12 5:31:09AM
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight contender, Mark Hunt, is making no bones about who he would like to face in his return to the Octagon.

Appearing on the most recent edition of "The MMA Hour," Hunt revealed he would like to get his rematch against current top contender, Alistair Overeem:

"If they'd like to get me a fight I'd like to get a rematch with Alistair Overeem, you know, when he comes back from his injury or from whatever, his hiatus. You know? I'd like to have my rematch with him. I'd be willing to fight next year so it doesn't matter. If he gets a title shot, that's good on him, so."

LINK
thevoodooninja
11/2/12 7:01:16AM
Let's do it. I would love to see hunt KO him
sbulldavid
11/2/12 7:26:33AM
Hunt wouldn't stand more than a punchers chance against Overeem
Bubbles
11/2/12 9:26:55AM
I don't want to see Hunt's hype train get derailed, especially when hes a win or two away from a title shot.

Nor Overeem's in the offchance he gets KO'd
SmileR
11/2/12 9:54:00AM
Hunt will ruin them all! Hunt will be hw champ by the end of 2013!!
sparky
11/2/12 9:58:23AM
The R33M will finish Hunt just like the first time they met. Alistair is a much better fighter all around and I believe he utilizes some of his ground skills and taps Hunt out again.

Overeem R1 sub
Theoutlaw08
11/2/12 10:25:48AM
Sweet fight, if it happens. I dont think people should under estimate Hunt if this fight goes down. He's a new fighter this time around. Yes, Alistair would still be the favorite, but Hunt shouldnt be ruled out in anyway.
OnyxShadow
11/2/12 10:34:02AM
At this point any fighter would be unwise to not take Mark Hunt seriously. That said, I think Overeem would win wherever the fight took place. The big thing for Alistair is that Hunt would be considered a big step down and risky with what looks like an immediate title shot coming.
DrivenDavies15
11/2/12 10:57:55AM
Mark Hunt has improved greatly all around since their last fight but I still wouldn't hesitate taking Overeem by sub here. Hunt's fights are always exciting though so would still love to see this match up.
frizzzlecake
11/2/12 12:06:50PM
Hunt via. Kongo-esche destruction.
TeamDEY
11/2/12 12:20:49PM
I'd love to see Hunt KO Overeem.
postman
11/2/12 12:27:57PM
Hunt was subbed by Sean McCorkle. He has beat a few low B high C fighters. He would have to beat someone like the R33M to get a title shot. I don't see that happening.
jae_1833
11/2/12 2:34:20PM
Overeem would own, with no fear of the fight going to the ground he would keep the distance set the pace and even open up with some head kicks......Hunt is fun but totally outmatched.
ghandikush
11/2/12 2:46:36PM

Posted by postman

Hunt was subbed by Sean McCorkle. He has beat a few low B high C fighters. He would have to beat someone like the R33M to get a title shot. I don't see that happening.

This, IMO Hunt actually has his best chance at a top win fighting Overeem if Overeem chooses to stand. I think a lot of other guys will just plain avoid hunt standing.

Reem fights smart though so r1 sub or r2 GnP
infestructure
11/2/12 9:35:59PM

Posted by SmileR

Hunt will ruin them all! Hunt will be hw champ by the end of 2013!!

HUNTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
prophecy033
11/2/12 9:47:47PM

Posted by jae_1833

Overeem would own, with no fear of the fight going to the ground he would keep the distance set the pace and even open up with some head kicks......Hunt is fun but totally outmatched.

This
postman
11/3/12 10:22:53AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by jae_1833

This

I don't know Overeem isn't a distance fighter he works in for the clinch then works with his knees.
Pookie
11/3/12 2:15:38PM
Overeem will get ragdolled in the clinch, and Overeems kicks are nowhere near the level they need to be to matter. Its all depends on whether hunt jumps into overeems guard
40ouncetofreedom
11/4/12 12:35:09PM
Mark Hunt doesn't look back at explosions.