Mark Hunt and Stefan Struve Look to Cross Paths at UFC on Fuel 8 in Japan

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mark Hunt and Stefan Struve Look to Cross Paths at UFC on Fuel 8 in Japan
POLL: Who wins?
Struve 42% (16)
Hunt 58% (22)
Poor_Franklin
12/4/12 10:04:48AM
Mark Hunt fans can start banging their drums again because it looks like a fight between he and Stefan Struve is close to becoming official.

According to MMAWeekly, a source close to the fight confirmed that verbal agreements are in place and the fight between Hunt and Struve will take place March 2 in Japan.

BleacherReport
shaneTpain
12/4/12 10:20:21AM
As glad as i am to see Mark Hunt back in the cage I don't want to see either of these dudes lose.
airkerma
12/4/12 10:35:21AM
Struve wins. How? No idea but he's my boy and he's kind of tall.
FastKnockout
12/4/12 11:14:07AM
I'm thinking Struve. He's on an impressive four-fight winning streak and I don't think he'll risk it by standing with Hunt. He'll probably take him down and try to submit him as soon as the fight starts.
BuffaloDave
12/4/12 11:24:49AM

Posted by FastKnockout

He'll probably take him down and try to submit him as soon as the fight starts.

And get viciously knocked out in doing so!

I have to agree with Shane though, I don't want to see either lose, but I am a way bigger fan of Hunt's so,

WAR HUNT
sparky
12/4/12 11:32:53AM
Great fight

I hate picking Struve fights I always seem to get them wrong. I pick him to win he gets knocked out I pick him to lose and he hangs on and wins in the 2nd round this guy is killing me for pts I'm telling ya.
cowcatcher
12/4/12 11:36:24AM

Posted by sparky

Great fight

I hate picking Struve fights I always seem to get them wrong. I pick him to win he gets knocked out I pick him to lose and he hangs on and wins in the 2nd round this guy is killing me for pts I'm telling ya.

You aren't the only one Sparky. I bet a ton of people on here would say the same thing, myself included.
Bubbles
12/4/12 11:45:17AM
man this will be a great fight. I like both fighters but I'm rooting for Struve
DrivenDavies15
12/4/12 11:56:56AM
a year ago I would've picked Hunt by KO but Struve has improved so much and looked great against Miocic and Johnson with his chin holding up very well lately. I think we see a quick sub from The Skyscraper!!
frizzzlecake
12/4/12 1:04:25PM
Struve has weakness against Fat guy's with powerful hands. No one is fatter or more powerful in their hands then Mark Hunt!

I see something like this:
Bubbles
12/4/12 1:32:52PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Struve has weakness against Fat guy's with powerful hands. No one is fatter or more powerful in their hands then Mark Hunt!

Roy Nelson?

btw Struve still won after this:
jay98107
12/4/12 2:02:27PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by frizzzlecake

Roy Nelson?

btw Struve still won after this:

I do love this GIF, but I gotta rate Hunt a bit higher than Buentello.
infestructure
12/4/12 2:32:02PM
this exactly, I hope marks been training his sub defence, and struves been training his jaw
prozacnation1978
12/4/12 2:50:56PM
Wonder if this will be the main event ?? Or co main
BillsNewAccount
12/4/12 3:01:13PM
Does a guy who has a propensity to get KO'd, get KO'd by a knockout artist or does a guy who was subbed 5 times in a 6 fight span get tapped by a guy with slick subs.

I think this matchup is a lot of fun. Especially because Struve can't wrestle for shit and likes to scrap.
bjj1605
12/4/12 4:08:13PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Does a guy who has a propensity to get KO'd, get KO'd by a knockout artist or does a guy who was subbed 5 times in a 6 fight span get tapped by a guy with slick subs.

Perfect summary.

Personally, I've found that in the pure "striker vs grappler" matches the grappler wins 9 times out of 10.

This might not be "pure" but its an approximation.
Hendo67
12/4/12 8:00:26PM
I'm always on the Hunt wagon, and it will take a lot to make me jump off. WAR HUNT!!
BuffaloDave
12/4/12 8:09:59PM
Hmm, if this poll is any indication, this just may be the Hot Bout for the UFC on Fuel 8 card.
SamPan
12/4/12 11:14:55PM
Struve's good everywhere, but his bread and butter's obviously the ground. Unfortunately, he fights like he has something to prove. I say he plays Hunt's game and pays for it. Hunt by rd 1 KO
Poor_Franklin
12/5/12 5:43:15AM
Mark Hunt tweeted
"I never said I was fighting Struve one of u guys I telling stories"

i hope this isnt true. i really like this matchup
40ouncetofreedom
12/5/12 8:14:51AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Mark Hunt tweeted

Yeah, I seen that tweet yesterday too.I do like this matchup.As a Hunt fan Struve's sub game kind of scares me.But then again Mark Hunt doesn't look back at explosions.
BuffaloDave
12/5/12 12:45:35PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Mark Hunt tweeted

Junkie, posted an article this morn. saying the fight is official now, so either Hunt was joking, or the fight wasn't 100% official when he tweeted that.
Poor_Franklin
12/5/12 2:00:28PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Mark Hunt tweeted

Junkie, posted an article this morn. saying the fight is official now, so either Hunt was joking, or the fight wasn't 100% official when he tweeted that.

Hunt likes to joke so i thought he might have been trolling a bit w/ that tweet,but w/ our luck lately, i wouldnt have been surprised. very glad it's official