Mark Hunt signs with Hustle Pro-Wrestling

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mark Hunt signs with Hustle Pro-Wrestling
mrsmiley
2/6/08 4:15:25PM
http://mmamanjapan.blogspot.com/2008/02/mark-munt-signs-with.html

this links link takes you to a foreign site that supposedly broke the story.

I'm a little bummed,but oh well.
DCRage
2/6/08 4:17:49PM
Good for us because he'll be making a fool out of himself for comedic purposes. Bad for him because he'll be making a fool out of himself for comedic purposes. Then again, Bob Sapp has done it to great fanfare, even Kevin Randleman's done it.
Jujiden
2/6/08 5:19:25PM
What the.....?

What is this guy thinking. He took Wanderlei the distance, took a head kick from Cro Cop and kept coming, and almost beat Fedor.

Big disappointment.
SPARX
2/6/08 5:37:42PM
WTF...i have lost respect for him now...thats ridiculuos, i was hoping he would come and knock some guys out in the ufc
cmill21
2/6/08 5:44:36PM

Posted by SPARX

WTF...i have lost respect for him now...thats ridiculuos, i was hoping he would come and knock some guys out in the ufc

Can't make weight, I was hoping he'd sign with K-1 or M-1...
Pookie
2/6/08 5:54:40PM
the days of YOKOZUNA!!!!! have returned

go hunt.
backalley101
2/6/08 6:48:02PM
That is messed up to hear that he's going to pro wrestling.He was a really good fighter. He could've done good in the UFC.You know what's really funny? We have MMA guys going to wrestling and wrestlers coming to MMA. Here,I have an idea. We could be like the NFL and trade Lessner for Hunt.
Jackelope
2/6/08 7:28:47PM
What a big loss for the MMA world. Hunt was a game heavyweight always down to throw big shots and take big shots. We'll miss out on some potentially great matchups now
Manak
2/6/08 10:55:54PM
wtf, he is a former WGP k-1 champ and has possibly the best chin, why???????
(wight shouldnt be an issue with m-1 and k-1)
Jimbo
2/6/08 11:48:52PM
lol... that was unexpected
warglory
2/7/08 1:11:40PM
You guys make it seem like his fighting career is done. There have been countless fighters who have done pro wrestling and and then back to fighting. Bob Sapp is a great example, as well as Josh Barnett. Its a great way to maintain your income when not fighting.
Boo_Radley21
2/7/08 2:05:07PM
Maybe he'll do an atomic butt drop ofter the top rope.
DutchRebelP
2/8/08 7:46:01AM
damn Mark, what is that man?!?!?! I really hoped he joined M-1 or K-1 or shit...
LoSt
2/10/08 4:27:44AM
Hunt couldnt make 265 so we wouldnt have seen him in the UFC anyway
cowcatcher
2/10/08 4:32:23AM

Posted by LoSt

Hunt couldnt make 265 so we wouldnt have seen him in the UFC anyway

thats just it, he couldnt/didnt want to make weight, it kills us as fans, but he did what was best for him so i say good for you MH. just fight fedor once more then ill be happy.
Svartorm
2/10/08 6:25:25AM
Screw that, I want to see him fight Butterbean like he was supposed to. Its such a paradox, because I can't imagine the fight leaving the first round, but I also can't imagine either guy being knocked out. I have to see it!
mrsmiley
2/10/08 8:29:35AM

Posted by Svartorm

Screw that, I want to see him fight Butterbean like he was supposed to. Its such a paradox, because I can't imagine the fight leaving the first round, but I also can't imagine either guy being knocked out. I have to see it!

LMFAO!!!

That's so true.
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/10/08 8:38:07AM
Isin't Hustle like a parody of pro-wrestling or something? I meen yeah they do the hard stunts and all but I think i recall seeing something on youtube... when crocop got invited to make an appearance, this guy in a pink ballet tutu or something was dancing in the ring before getting "head kicked" by crocop. I always thought of hustle as a comedy or something like it, bad for Hunt IMO
dust
2/10/08 8:27:23PM
I don't hate on people for providing for their families. It's funny how only one of you even knew Hunt was the 2001 K-1 World GP champion.
cmill21
2/10/08 8:40:24PM

Posted by dust

I don't hate on people for providing for their families. It's funny how only one of you even knew Hunt was the 2001 K-1 World GP champion.

Yeah so dissapointing a former K-1 GP champ is doing this. I think this is a pit stop and he'll sign with M-1, WVR or HDnet.
Aether
2/11/08 8:02:28PM
I don't think anyone in here is disparaging him, we're just saying that it's really disappointing to see such a great fighter move out of the sport, even if it is only temporary. If this is what he has to do to make money that's fine, but it's still really disappointing.