Mark Hunt to Return to MMA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mark Hunt to Return to MMA
juanez13
3/12/08 10:43:55AM
Mark Hunt has had an interview with Rogue Magazine. In it he explains why he is taking the K-1 fight with Schilt and where his future is.

Seems the K-1 fight is a once of return to K-1, after that there will be MMA fights. Since K-1 and DREAM are closely related, DREAM will be his likely home. When asked about his first MMA fight, his answer was May 8. There is no DREAM event on that date... But there is one May 11. We have to wait and see what happens. Either way, Mark Hunt is on his way back to MMA!

LINK
jahdoug
3/12/08 11:03:08AM
I would love to see Hunt-Kimbo way more than Goodridge-Kimbo or any other name ive heard thus far. Hunts got some mean Samoan Whiskers that would see what kimbo's punches really have behind them. He may be too much a step up, but keep in mind he hasnt fought in like 18 months.
Daddyprimetime
3/12/08 11:25:14AM
It's been so long since I've seen Hunt fight I have kinda lost interest in him. If he doesn't get some nce wins when he returns I probably won't care to watch him anymore.
mrsmiley
3/12/08 11:31:07AM
I want to see Hunt get back in a ring and just slug it out with anyone at this point.This is good news though.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/12/08 12:23:31PM

Posted by jahdoug

I would love to see Hunt-Kimbo way more than Goodridge-Kimbo or any other name ive heard thus far. Hunts got some mean Samoan Whiskers that would see what kimbo's punches really have behind them. He may be too much a step up, but keep in mind he hasnt fought in like 18 months.

100% agree. that fight would be nuts
ncordless
3/12/08 12:27:35PM
I'll believe it when I see it.
cmill21
3/12/08 6:59:30PM
Have heard he may meet Fedor is he beats Schilt.
bls1919
3/12/08 8:16:49PM
I'm not real interested in this fight or Mark hunt for that matter. his best attribute is that he has a good chin. Thats not alot to get excited aout. I hope semmy pounds him back under the rock he was under
JimiMak
3/12/08 10:32:44PM
I like Mark. Don't think he'll beat Semmy. Hope he doesn't try to fight Fedor again. There are a lot of interesting matches for him tho. I'd like him to sign anywhere, but esp UFC (if he could keep the weight down) just cuz we'd see more of him.
Vietnamese_Guy
3/12/08 11:43:14PM
This is better than him in HUSTLE
prozacnation1978
3/13/08 12:42:18PM
god i wish he could have signed with the ufc, but i could see how weight cutting might just be too much, but then again if antonio silva can do it maybe he can??
joshjr
3/18/08 4:56:19AM

Posted by Daddyprimetime

It's been so long since I've seen Hunt fight I have kinda lost interest in him. If he doesn't get some nce wins when he returns I probably won't care to watch him anymore.

How can you say that when he handled himself so well against Fedor?
joshjr
3/18/08 5:00:46AM

Posted by JimiMak

I like Mark. Don't think he'll beat Semmy. Hope he doesn't try to fight Fedor again. There are a lot of interesting matches for him tho. I'd like him to sign anywhere, but esp UFC (if he could keep the weight down) just cuz we'd see more of him.

his fight with Fedor was fantastic. Right before the end of the fight I had Hunt winning. I was very amazed with how well hunt handled himself on the ground. With a few wins under his belt I would love to see Hunt Fedor 2. Dont know what fight you watched but it was great.