who will Mark Hunt fight ??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » who will Mark Hunt fight ??
Next Page »
Violence108
9/9/07 10:34:50AM
mark hunt is in the ufc if i read the news right, but they said they dont know what to do with him(weight)......make him fight Kongo if kongo can beat Hunt i will have so much repect for him
icrazysob
9/9/07 10:37:27AM
yeah I would love to see this matchup..mainly because of Hunt has problems with him then Cro Cop isn't finished

Hunt is someone they should build up though, like throw him someone with a glass chin
grappler0000
9/9/07 10:54:40AM
His first fight will be with Jenny Craig
-RiK-
9/9/07 10:57:35AM
i actually think frank mir would be a good matchup for hunt. interesting, because hunt's been submitted a few times, while mir could get KO'd.
Mastodon2
9/9/07 1:07:55PM
I think they will build him up before giving him Mir or Kongo. Casual UFC fans have a hard enough time keeping up with guys like Rampage, Cro Cop, Fedor, Nogueira etc, they won't know who Hunt is, since he wasn't a huge name in Pride like the current UFC signings, and most casual UFC fans don't know much, if anything, about K-1, since K-1 is a totally different sport, and is also unpopular and hard to view in the US, where the bulk of UFC fans are.
hathcock32
9/9/07 1:16:25PM

Posted by Mastodon2

I think they will build him up before giving him Mir or Kongo. Casual UFC fans have a hard enough time keeping up with guys like Rampage, Cro Cop, Fedor, Nogueira etc, they won't know who Hunt is, since he wasn't a huge name in Pride like the current UFC signings, and most casual UFC fans don't know much, if anything, about K-1, since K-1 is a totally different sport, and is also unpopular and hard to view in the US, where the bulk of UFC fans are.

Build him up before he fights Kongo or Mir.????Those guys arent even in the top ten....well Kongo argubly could crack the top ten...but that would be a good first fight if they expected him to fight for a title.
nate22
9/9/07 2:43:16PM
Nog please, Herring's a good fight also.

Mastodon2
9/9/07 3:06:39PM

Posted by hathcock32

Build him up before he fights Kongo or Mir.????Those guys arent even in the top ten....well Kongo argubly could crack the top ten...but that would be a good first fight if they expected him to fight for a title.

Kongo would probably get wrecked by Hunt, but Mir (even though he isnt what he was) has the submissions to stop Hunt. They will probably give him another Eddie Sanchez to get him started.
cmill21
9/9/07 3:10:07PM
I think he should fight kongo. That would be a fun match up, hunt would acctually fight him, and hunts impossible to KO. Show the TUF fan boys that Pride did have better heavies
keith-hackney1
9/9/07 4:56:09PM

Posted by cmill21

I think he should fight kongo. That would be a fun match up, hunt would acctually fight him, and hunts impossible to KO. Show the TUF fan boys that Pride did have better heavies

Hunt will get CC first, hunt will be the man who has a chance to retire him. If CC looses again, as much as i like CC, i think he'll hand his gloves up. I really want to see him go back to k1, and end his career there as a champion.

Be great to see the likes of CC, GG, Tim silvia and kongo fight hunt !!!!!!
.... I see hunt working hyis way up the ranks for a title shot within 3 fights.
Linye
9/9/07 5:33:52PM

Posted by grappler0000

LOL!

so many match ups that can be line up!
babalu2720
9/9/07 6:23:24PM

Posted by grappler0000

Lol, but serioulsy anybody can get in great shape if they are real dedicated and i'd like to see him fight maybe Arlovski, if Andrei still isn;t booked it makes a lot of sense
hotrodttt
9/9/07 8:12:27PM
I would like to see him fight somone just to get him back on track and build him up and then feed him to Werdum or Noguira , mabey evn Kongo
jocksmall
9/9/07 9:57:15PM

Posted by Mastodon2

i agree
jdubs
9/9/07 10:03:31PM
i say lets put vera to the test
cmill21
9/9/07 10:37:12PM
Vera better hope for the sub lol. Hunt is going to be a monster, he can come at you with wreckless abandon because right now it doesn't appear that he will be Ko'd. I'd like to see him and AA, casuals seem to love AA and I think hunt would have his way with him.
loonytnt
9/10/07 12:14:38AM
i wanna see hunt fight tim, i think that be a great fight for hunt
ncordless
9/10/07 1:45:52AM
I'd like to see him fight Lesnar if they sign him. If Hunt won, he'd have instant name recognition. If Lesnar won, we'd know he was for real.

Plus... I am not sure either of them can drop to 265
warglory
9/10/07 3:22:50AM
Hunt, if he makes weight and starts in with some matches soon, will dominate the heavyweight division. The man has an iron head, is very hard to control on the ground for a guy with limited grappling experience, he is a K-1 level striker, is large, and seems like he would be perfect for the cage atmosphere.
Sheddy
9/10/07 9:11:56AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Gotta say Hunt was a very popular guy here in Japan.
But like you say, this was because of his K-1 background. Same with Mirko.

UFC will definitely have to build him up. I think once the casual fans know he likes to stand and bang, and has a concrete chin, then he'll soon be popular.
mrsmiley
9/10/07 10:10:34AM
I want to see him fight Barnett----------------ooohps.

I forgot,Barnett isn't in the UFC.

If Cabbage was still in the UFC I would love to see Hunt battle it out with him,but I would be fine seeing Hunt take on Gonzaga.I think that would be a great fight.
loganakers
9/10/07 3:47:45PM
the ufc will make him look like the fat[fatter] liddel before giving him a real fight
Unkoman
9/10/07 4:09:26PM
I think Sylvia is the logical fight. 2 bangers with dynamite in their hands. And I really think Dana wants sylvia gone as he draws no fans except a slight bit of his familly.
Ordep
9/11/07 1:06:00PM
I know he deserves top competition but I'll say let him fight a nobody first.
nubby
9/11/07 1:17:19PM
I think the only person who is going to have a hard time with Hunt is Eddie Sanchez.
Lay_N_Pray
9/11/07 1:24:43PM
ncordless....you are exactly right. The second I saw this topic that is what I was going to say. I think it would be perfect for UFC if they set that up. This way everyone knows Lesnar so they will tune in to see him "dominate" like many would think since people are generally in the dark about Hunt.

Then Hunt would come out and turn off Lesnars lights in the first round and people would instantly see Hunt as a badass. This way UFC could make a statement saying they can get the best fighters and that they are superior to WWE in every way by letting one of their own murder a former WWE guy.
mrsmiley
9/11/07 3:01:31PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

ncordless....you are exactly right. The second I saw this topic that is what I was going to say. I think it would be perfect for UFC if they set that up. This way everyone knows Lesnar so they will tune in to see him "dominate" like many would think since people are generally in the dark about Hunt.

Then Hunt would come out and turn off Lesnars lights in the first round and people would instantly see Hunt as a badass. This way UFC could make a statement saying they can get the best fighters and that they are superior to WWE in every way by letting one of their own murder a former WWE guy.

While I would love to see this fight,if the UFC wanted to promote Hunt in a big way,I don't realy see this as his first fight.Especialy if it's Lesnars first UFC fight as well.Placing Hunt against a guy like Broc might spell disaster for him.I'm not saying Lesnar would deystroy Hunt,but Hunt isn't well known for his ground game either.If Lesnar could keep from getting tagged with too many big punches and effectivly apply some ground and pound to Hunt,it could end up being a huge upset to MMA fans.

However,this is all in theory.I don't think we've seen enough of Lesnar to realy judge him.I highly doubt though we'll be seeing him in the top ten anytime soon.
jocksmall
9/11/07 5:28:38PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by cmill21

Hunt will get CC first, hunt will be the man who has a chance to retire him. If CC looses again, as much as i like CC, i think he'll hand his gloves up. I really want to see him go back to k1, and end his career there as a champion.

Be great to see the likes of CC, GG, Tim silvia and kongo fight hunt !!!!!!
.... I see hunt working hyis way up the ranks for a title shot within 3 fights.

wow me too but that is a hard task(champ of k-1
Jackelope
9/11/07 5:33:06PM
Hunt vs. Lesnar would rock, but I agree that it's something we should expect later rather than sooner.
gartface
9/12/07 1:23:35PM
I'd like to see him fight either Heith Herring (after he's done resting), Brock Lesnar, Tim Sylvia (would be a good fight, but it won't draw a crowd), or CroCop. The only one of these I actually see happening is Heith Herring. I think the others are too "big" of names in the UFC. Which is a shame because Mark Hunt is a monster, and i see him as a top five heavyweight in UFC. It'll be interesting, he's a fun guy to watch fight.
Pages: [1] 2