Mark Cuban To Explore Financing College Football Playoff

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Mark Cuban To Explore Financing College Football Playoff
BlueSkiesBurn
12/16/10 4:31:57PM
Maverick's owner Mark Cuban, after reading Death To The BCS, has begun the exploratory phases of financing a football for FBS football.

DALLAS -- After two failed bids to buy a Major League Baseball team, billionaire Mark Cuban is seriously considering trying to use his money to create a playoff alternative to college football's Bowl Championship Series.

Cuban, the outspoken owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, told ESPNDallas.com on Wednesday that he is "actively interested but in the exploratory stage" of creating and funding a playoff system to crown a champion for major college football.

Article

No surprise the BCS has had an immediate statement regarding this issue.

NEW YORK (AP) — BCS executive director Bill Hancock doubts "financial inducements," such as the one Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is considering, will lead to a major college football playoff.

Cuban told ESPNDallas.com on Wednesday that he was "actively interested but in the exploratory stage" of trying to bankroll a 12- or 16-team playoff to replace the controversial Bowl Championship Series.

Hancock responded to Cuban's comments in an e-mail to the AP on Thursday, saying, "Given how much support our current system has among university presidents, athletics directors, coaches and athletes, I don't think any amount of financial inducement will make people abandon" the BCS.

Article
postman
12/16/10 4:47:23PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Hancock responded to Cuban's comments in an e-mail to the AP on Thursday, saying, "Given how much support our current system has among university presidents, athletics directors, coaches and athletes, I don't think any amount of financial inducement will make people abandon" the BCS.

Heres hoping he is arrogant enough to belive this and is dethroned.
cmill21
12/17/10 11:11:26AM
I hate the BCS. You never get to see an upset for the title(unless it's #2 beating #1) and a lot of times teams get screwed.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/17/10 1:04:19PM

Posted by cmill21

I hate the BCS. You never get to see an upset for the title(unless it's #2 beating #1) and a lot of times teams get screwed.

Have you read the book Death To The BCS?