Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar at UFC 100

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar at UFC 100
BrutalKnockOut
3/12/09 10:43:21AM
"The Hammer" takes on "The American Psycho" at UFC 100

Mark "The Hammer" Coleman tangles with TUF 1 veteran Stephan Bonnar at UFC 100. Tough fight for both guys, especially since both are coming off of a loss.
emfleek
3/12/09 10:45:58AM

I have absolutely no desire to see this fight.

pv3Hpv3p
3/12/09 11:03:38AM
two of the ugliest fighters around, lol

I'd like to see Coleman go on and get a win, but I imagine Bonnar will push through with a decision win
prozacnation1978
3/12/09 11:18:56AM
i will be there live but for the fans buying this for their sake i hope this is not on the main card i think coleman will gas again and bonner will sub him or decision bonner
cowcatcher
3/12/09 11:32:14AM
ok ill play devils advocate. sure colemans fight with rua wasnt pretty, but maybe it wasnt so much about ruas skills slipping as it was that coleman is a really tough guy with a ton of heart.(probably not, but im playing devils advocate). plus coleman is a pioneer that should be allowed to go out on his own terms.

sure bonnar was dominated by jones, but that kid looks like a star in the making and would have made 99% of fighters look bad that night. bonnar stays in every fight and can give anyone trouble, and i dont care if its old news or not, he was in THE match that made mma what it is today.

sure both fighters have to rest more on their laurels than anything theyve done recently, but coleman is a legend and bonnar is a handful for anyone, plus its 2 more big names for the biggest card the ufc has ever put together.

that all said this fight should be on the undercard.
emfleek
3/12/09 11:35:26AM

Posted by cowcatcher

that all said this fight should be on a fight night card.

Fixed.

FlashyG
3/12/09 12:03:19PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

that all said this fight should be on "the undercard of" a fight night card.

Fixed. x 2

Twenty20Dollars
3/12/09 12:34:22PM

Posted by emfleek

I have absolutely no desire to see this fight.

Unless someone gets KO'ed
mentalcase
3/12/09 12:37:21PM
point less match up they should have done hammill vs bonner instead
kopower
3/12/09 12:41:52PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

two of the ugliest fighters around, lol

I'd like to see Coleman go on and get a win, but I imagine Bonnar will push through with a decision win

Agreed
chickmagnet
3/12/09 1:22:48PM
........this is an odd fight
Aaronno9
3/12/09 1:32:51PM
I think Bonnar will beat Coleman worse than Shogun did. Probably a late round 2 tko.
ziegler3334
3/12/09 1:38:36PM
This may not be the most exciting sounding fight, but I'm kinda pleased with it. It should definitely be on the undercard, which I'm sure it will be. However, both guys hold their place in the history of UFC an MMA. Therefore, its a great idea to feature both on 100. Perfect undercard fight for this event.
sparky
3/12/09 1:42:41PM
I must say I didnt see this match up coming!!!!!!
coldchillin
3/12/09 1:45:24PM
If Coleman doesn't gas early, which is a big if, I think Coleman has a decent shot of winning. Bonnar doesn't have the best sprawl and I could see Coleman taking him down at will and grinding out a decision.

I think Coleman will start off fast, gas and then get submitted.
Boo_Radley21
3/12/09 1:51:02PM
Yes! Now this is a fight I like. I love watching Bonnar fight he's always exciting and a good guy too. I'd like to see him get the win, and I think he will. Bonnar is the ****!
MMAcca
3/12/09 2:55:54PM
I only wanna see this fight because Bonnar is involved, so it should be entertaining. Jones made Stephan look bad in his last fight and Bonnar will want some redemption so i smell a finish in this one.

WAR BONNAR
bls1919
3/12/09 7:44:12PM
I see Bonnar controling in the stand up and waering Coleman out. Then late taking Coleman down or pull gaurd and Sub him
madmaltese
3/13/09 12:37:36AM
This is one hell of a strang fight. What does either have to gain from this?