Mark Coleman Set For UFC Hall of Fame at UFC 82

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mark Coleman Set For UFC Hall of Fame at UFC 82
snakeplissken
2/20/08 12:12:28PM
Mark Coleman is all set to be inducted to the Hall of Fame at UFC 82 MMA Junkie reports

LINK
RMFG_187
2/20/08 12:20:13PM
He deserves it 100%
Daddyprimetime
2/20/08 12:23:09PM
This is great. Coleman really deserves this.
Vendetta
2/20/08 12:29:46PM
He definitely deserves it. Congratulations to him.
MALICE
2/20/08 12:36:44PM
Marky Mark heads to the hall. Way to go Mark!!
tberg420
2/20/08 12:41:13PM
I'm still hoping for a crazy celebration like the one he did in PRIDE! Congrats Mark as you deserve it. Hope I can meet you in Columbus!
KYGUY07
2/20/08 1:48:09PM
This is great he deserves to be in the hall of fame
cmill21
2/20/08 1:56:07PM

Posted by tberg420

I'm still hoping for a crazy celebration like the one he did in PRIDE! Congrats Mark as you deserve it. Hope I can meet you in Columbus!

Lol if Coleman can jump on to the cage like that I would definetly expect him to find a new career in high jump.
silverbullet
2/20/08 5:31:28PM
I don't mean to be a dick but it's kind of sad for the sport of MMA that a guy with 15 wins and a 65% winning average gets indicted into the Hall of Fame
ncordless
2/20/08 5:46:19PM

Posted by silverbullet

I don't mean to be a dick but it's kind of sad for the sport of MMA that a guy with 15 wins and a 65% winning average gets indicted into the Hall of Fame

Does that mean you don't think Randy Couture should be in the hall of fame?

Randy's record is 16-8 with 2 of those wins coming after he was inducted. As far as win %... Randy's is 66.7%.

Not much difference at all.

EDIT: Marc Coleman is the first great example of freestyle wrestling being aplied successfully to MMA. He is a former UFC HWT champ and the winner of the 2000 PRIDE OWGP. He has done as much as anybody in the sport.
silverbullet
2/20/08 6:14:19PM

Posted by ncordless

Randy's record is 16-8 with 2 of those wins coming after he was inducted. As far as win %... Randy's is 66.7%.

To answer your question, I don't think Couture should be inducted in the HOF. Not with his record. Not with being KTFOed twice by Liddell. Not for beating hurt Tim Sylvia, and not for beating an unranked Gonzaga.

I am a douche bag
MALICE
2/20/08 6:18:30PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by ncordless

Which organization do you suppose will induct Randy Couture into a Hall of Fame? RINGS? I am sure that the UFC will be happy to induct him into their Hall of Fame for spitting on the contract and walking away to do bad movies. Just as soon as they are through suing him that is.

And to answer your question, I don't think Couture should be inducted in the HOF. Not with his record. Not with being KTFOed twice by Liddell. Not for beating hurt Tim Sylvia, and not for beating an unranked Gonzaga. Cheers mate.

Dude....He is already in the Hall of Fame.
ncordless
2/20/08 6:20:21PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by ncordless

Which organization do you suppose will induct Randy Couture into a Hall of Fame? RINGS? I am sure that the UFC will be happy to induct him into their Hall of Fame for spitting on the contract and walking away to do bad movies. Just as soon as they are through suing him that is.

And to answer your question, I don't think Couture should be inducted in the HOF. Not with his record. Not with being KTFOed twice by Liddell. Not for beating hurt Tim Sylvia, and not for beating an unranked Gonzaga. Cheers mate.

Randy doesn't need to be inducted because he is already in the UFC Hall of Fame.

Out of curiousity, which fighters would you have in the Hall of Fame? What benchmarks would you like to see in place? Would you have any of the old guard in there? Do the fighters have to be currently on good terms with the UFC?
silverbullet
2/20/08 6:20:45PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by ncordless

Dude....He is already in the Hall of Fame.

Nevermind then, I'm an idiot