Mark Coleman?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Mark Coleman?
Naturaldisaster
8/14/08 8:07:41PM
Im watchin Mark Coleman vs. Don Frye from pride 26 right now. And Im just wonderin if people are excited to see him back in ufc? I wasnt at first but now Im lookin forward to his 1st fight back. and who do you think he should face? He called out Brock but now he says he's not interested in fighting brock. I say if Cain Valazquez wins him next fight then I'd like to see him and coleman fight. I think it would an exciting fight and if cain could beat him it would definitly give him a huge boost in the In the heavweight division. Your thoughts?
mrsmiley
8/14/08 8:23:05PM
A lot of people aren't excited about Colemans return,but I for one am.
Look at his last 10 fights and their's really not any easy fights their.
Igor,Fedor,Crocop,Shogun,etc.

I would actualy like to see Coleman come in and fight some one a little lower on the UFC HW totem pole,just to see how he would do against a more second tier opponent.
nickcuc547
8/14/08 8:30:23PM
i have no emotional state to coleman coming back. he is a good fighter but he won't contend for a title, but there are some interesting fights out there for him.
mrkennedy
8/14/08 8:31:43PM
no
MFOTHER
8/14/08 8:41:39PM
i was excited to see him get re-retred by brock, but now..not so much.
i read a post from his website that said he was 100%, wanted to fight by years end, and WOULD accept a remtch with shogun....at 205!
Naturaldisaster
8/14/08 9:08:50PM

Posted by MFOTHER

i read a post from his website that said he was 100%, wanted to fight by years end, and WOULD accept a remtch with shogun....at 205!

that would not be a smart move on his part lol. Shogun would murder him this time around
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/14/08 9:16:31PM
I want him to fight shogun so shogun can get his revenge. After that i have no interest in seeing him. His best move (IMO knees to the head from side mount) is illegal in the ufc.
ziegler3334
8/14/08 9:57:10PM
I think I heard somewhere that shogun said his next fight would be mark coleman at 205. i think this is clearly a bad idea if your mark coleman. his first fight back should be against more of a warm up opponent, not cain and certainly not shogun. if this fight happens, i'll be excited for it, but it's shogun's fight for sure.
juanez13
8/14/08 10:24:01PM

Posted by MFOTHER

his original plan coming into the UFC was to fight at 205 (said he was weighing at around 225) but when he was offered the Lesnar fight he accepted (more $$)....Alot of people dont seem to that, A fight with Shogun would be great right now, Shogun needs a fight to get his confidence level back up and get him fired up, Coleman fits the bill perfectly.
Biggz
8/15/08 7:29:40PM
i personally think that he is a little over the hill and past his prime, i don't think he will do that great. although the HW divison is not exactly stacked at the time. i would however like to see him win and stir things up in that division. i think if he comes in at LHW he gets murdered even by a sub par fighter. i think that the HW is weaker and he could win a few fights.
JohnnyNapalm
8/16/08 4:21:22AM

Posted by MFOTHER

Gee, I wonder why 205?

I doubt drug testing has anything to do with it
prozacnation1978
8/17/08 6:20:38PM
i am intrigued by his return
haven't seen enough on tape of him i like watching pride but not the early years of it but i would like to see him fight i think it will be against shogun now in dec
Dooletchetoreh
8/17/08 11:12:12PM
I think Mark Coleman will have a tough time regardless who he fights. I respect him cause he was one of the guys who helped build this sport. And he was a force at some point. But I think the other guys have too much in their arsenal for him. Even guys like Eddie Sanchez would have a great chance against him. I hope he makes a respectable showing at least.
misses1112
8/18/08 10:20:35PM
I am happy for him.
I am not happy for what will happen to him.