Mariusz Pudzianowski's KSW 17 win over James Thompson changed to no-contest

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mariusz Pudzianowski's KSW 17 win over James Thompson changed to no-contest
FastKnockout
11/28/11 1:17:57PM
Mariusz Pudzianowski's controversial majority-decision win over James Thompson in this past weekend's KSW 17 co-headliner has been changed to a no-contest.

Company officials today cited a judge's error for the change.

Following the announcement of Pudzianowski's contentious win in his home country of Poland, an irate Thompson stole the mic from the ring announcer and admonished the organization.

LINK
FastKnockout
11/28/11 1:19:26PM
Now they have a nice little set up for a third match between the two, which I'm not interested in at all.
Bubbles
11/28/11 1:29:43PM
was anyone actually interested in the first match?
ghandikush
11/28/11 3:05:55PM

Posted by Bubbles

was anyone actually interested in the first match?

I was
Kpro
11/29/11 12:22:18AM
Many in Poland (and I'd assume many involved with this event in some way too) wagered on their country's most famous athlete. He wins mysteriously with no scores announced and all bets from bookies and betting sites are paid out. Then once the money is in hand, multiple days after the event, it is changed to a No Contest because it took them that long to find a `judges error`.

I'm not saying KSW or the Polish Boxing Association put out a fix, it's just very very (very) convenient that no one found out about this until betting sites had already paid out. I wish we could hear more about this `error`.
RhythmAndStyle
11/29/11 2:40:28AM
i damn glad' they turnd this into a no contest..after i heard the decision, my heart sank, not cuz i'm a hugh Thompson fan..but for the love of the sport wise..hate to see any fighter get rob'd like that..good for Thompson, he should ask for a 3rd match, if Mariusz is up to it..he knows he lost and he can't last more than a round in any of his fights..i never been on this Mariusz hype train and knew from his trainin vids, he wouldnt last long in mma..truth hurts..
tattflash
11/29/11 4:53:43AM

Posted by Kpro

I'm not saying KSW or the Polish Boxing Association put out a fix, it's just very very (very) convenient that no one found out about this until betting sites had already paid out. I wish we could hear more about this `error`.

This was not the only "bad" result on the night in Poland. James Zikic and Matt Horwich won their fights easily too, yet lost on score cards, good on James Thompson for his "ring rant" telling the crowd, promoter and viewing public that KSW was a f*ckiing joke and it was going down the f*cking toilet over that f*^cking joke result.

Point taken me thinks