Mariusz Pudzianowski KSW 13 Fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Mariusz Pudzianowski KSW 13 Fight
DCRage
5/8/10 7:02:54AM
According to Mania & Sherdog, he beat DEEP Megaton Champion (Heavyweight/Super Heavyweight) Yusuke Kawaguchi by majority decision. The fight was last night. Sherdog's brief report on the fight:

The second Polish-Japanese showdown saw champion Strongman Mariusz Pudzianowski edge out a majority decision victory over Deep Megaton champion Yusuke Kawaguchi. The Polish bodybuilder rushed his opponent at the opening bell and took him down with a lateral drop, but Kawaguchi proved tougher than anticipated. A quickly gassing Pudzianowski had to dig deep to keep control of the fight after he failed to finish with the opening salvo. The Japanese import got some strikes in on the five-time World’s Strongest Man in the second round, but Pudzianowski scored two takedowns, likely the convincing factor for the two judges who ruled in favor of the crowd's favorite.

Pudzianowski admitted he was looking to finish Kawaguchi inside two or three minutes and was surprised by his toughness. In light of this performance, Pudzianowski was asked about his upcoming fight against former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia at “Moosin: God of Martial Arts” on May 21 in Worcester, Mass.

“I don't know how it's going to go, but I'll fight him to the end,” said Pudzianowski.

Also of note on the card: Mamed Khalidov faced Ryuta Sakurai. Draw.
sbulldavid
5/8/10 7:40:05AM
Wow time to admit I was wrong, Pudzianowski has no punching power whatsoever.
Cdellorso
5/8/10 12:38:33PM
I wrestled with a body builder a few times- he was at least 30 pounds heavier that me and dont get me wrong he was strong but wrestling strenghth is different. he should have tossed me around but he didnt- also the conditionning is not like what other "atheletes" ... when have you seen a body builder run 5 miles??
sbulldavid
5/8/10 12:51:50PM
He still looks like a bad match-up for Timmy, but I think Timmy will tie him up in his guard, or stay against the cage and let him wear himself out. Mariusz should learn some submissions, because he's got slower hands than Dan Severn.
npayant
5/8/10 1:20:18PM

Posted by sbulldavid

He still looks like a bad match-up for Timmy...

sbulldavid
5/8/10 1:34:37PM
Nobody has really manhandled Timmy, and big guys aren't used to getting slammed around, Mariusz still could win by lay and pray.
jae_1833
5/8/10 2:08:14PM
I think Tim is going to destroy him, he's got the boxing, power, sprawl, kicks ....everything he needs to beat Mariusz. It's bad enough to me that I consider it damn near illegal. The athletic commision that allows this should be ashamed! Tim didn't slide that far down the pole that he should be fighting guys who have only 2 fights.
seanfu
5/8/10 2:20:36PM

Posted by jae_1833

I think Tim is going to destroy him, he's got the boxing, power, sprawl, kicks ....everything he needs to beat Mariusz. It's bad enough to me that I consider it damn near illegal. The athletic commision that allows this should be ashamed! Tim didn't slide that far down the pole that he should be fighting guys who have only 2 fights.

I know it's like when Mir fought Lesnar......
mrsmiley
5/8/10 4:35:17PM
Pudzianowski has a long way to go. I give him all the respect in the world but the standup skills he displayed are very amature. If it wasn't for his size and aggresiveness I don't see what he could offer.
I'll be very impressed if he dispatches big Timmy.
jae_1833
5/9/10 9:20:16PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by jae_1833

I know it's like when Mir fought Lesnar......

Not even close....Lesnar was a college level champion wrestler.....Pudzianowski is a strongman. The skillset from those backgrounds are very different.
MaxOne
5/14/10 1:44:44PM

Posted by Cdellorso

I wrestled with a body builder a few times- he was at least 30 pounds heavier that me and dont get me wrong he was strong but wrestling strenghth is different. he should have tossed me around but he didnt- also the conditionning is not like what other "atheletes" ... when have you seen a body builder run 5 miles??

strong man isn't the same as body building but what you are saying is still true.
I think a strongman would have a much better chance of transitioning to MMA than a regular body builder.