Margarito Hearing Before CSAC Today (Boxing)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Margarito Hearing Before CSAC Today (Boxing)
DCRage
2/10/09 2:07:34PM
This is continued fallout from "HandWrapGate" (Sorry, can't be helped) that happened right before Antonio Margarito's fight with Shane Mosley a couple weeks ago. A few links after the jump:

Article

And yes, the inspector's name really is Che Guevara. Oooookay...
tberg420
2/10/09 2:46:24PM
He cheated and got caught. I thought that something was up when he beat Miguel Cotto.
DCRage
2/10/09 7:38:59PM
According to ESPN, his boxing license has been revoked for at least 1 year.
cmb19932
2/10/09 8:21:01PM
im now an ex fan and he deserves more you cant cheat the end i say never again in the u,s
MMAcca
2/11/09 12:19:50AM
Here's hoping for a lifetime ban if proven guilty
StorminYourman
2/11/09 12:44:02AM

Posted by MMAcca

werd
Rollins
2/11/09 12:56:18AM
This is pathetic if true, almost as pathetic as people thinking the real Che Guevara was someone worth wearing on their shirt. Kids are so dumb sometimes.
MMAcca
2/11/09 1:03:16AM

Posted by StorminYourman

Posted by MMAcca

werd

loller90278
2/11/09 4:04:57AM

Posted by Rollins

This is pathetic if true, almost as pathetic as people thinking the real Che Guevara was someone worth wearing on their shirt. Kids are so dumb sometimes.

the irony is in that is that che guevara fought against capatilism, and he finds his shirt on t-shirts
Red-Dragon
2/11/09 8:53:03AM
If they do intend to ban him then at least give Cotto another crack at him first. Revenge is sweet.
DCRage
2/11/09 9:07:21AM
Only way that's happening is outside the US, where the situation would probably be like Antonio Silva's MMA suspension-he can fight elsewhere but he risks never being allowed to fight in the US again. And the mayor of Tijuana, Mexico-Margarito's hometown-has already said Margarito will be welcomed back with open arms and is welcome to fight there. For now we probably just have to wait for it to play through the CSAC and the courts, it's gonna head there via appeals.
pv3Hpv3p
2/11/09 9:08:30AM
I'm really willing to give Margarito the benefit of the doubt on this one... It seems like everyone rights him off as a cheater, when it could have very easily been his trainer spiking his wraps without his knowledge... I know that ultimatley the boxer himself is responsible for the people he puts around him, but when you look exactley how hard Margarito trains and how much heart he puts into his fights, it's just tough for me to call him a cheater and holer for a lifetime ban... Especiallly before all the facts are out...

I am inclined to say that a rematch with Cotto is in order though