Marcus Davis says "Whoever takes it to the ground first is a p***y"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Marcus Davis says "Whoever takes it to the ground first is a p***y"
Next Page »
EvenFlow
1/7/09 1:31:04AM
Interview including how he feels on this fight and aparently isnt a lover of the grappling or the ground.

LINK

Someone should tell Marcus this is MMA not boxing.
ChokeUout
1/7/09 3:13:17AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Interview including how he feels on this fight and aparently isnt a lover of the grappling or the ground.

LINK

Yeah, He's been saying this from day one, saying that he wants to give an exciting fight so he wants to stand up. Personally, I love a great stand up fight as much as the next guy, but I LOATHE the stereotype that only stand up fights are exciting. THe thing about this fight is that both Davis and Lytle are very well rounded, so that if he went to the ground it'd be just as exciting, if not more so. Plus, if Lytle gets him to the ground and chokes him out, I seriously doubt he'll mind if Davis calls him a Pussy.
Aaronno9
1/7/09 3:15:36AM
What a silly statement to make. Although its not surprising he doesnt want it to go to the ground since Lytle is would clearly beat him there.

Really hoping Chris comes in with a good gameplan and doesnt try and bang with Davies, otherwise he will go down eventually. Im getting a little sick of the Davis hype wagon, hes never going to reach the top imo.
TheNatural915
1/7/09 7:59:38AM
That makes sense since MMA is a huge ground sport. Chris won't take it to the ground so I'll laugh when I see Davis take it to the ground first.
haggiswashere
1/7/09 9:44:21AM

Posted by Aaronno9
Im getting a little sick of the Davis hype wagon, hes never going to reach the top imo.

I agree. He started too old. He is fun to watch though
cowcatcher
1/7/09 10:00:56AM

Posted by haggiswashere

He is fun to watch though

cant argue with that. he probably feels he has the advantage on the feet and wants to do anything he can to get lytle to have a boxing match with him, then again maybe hes just saying this to run interference and will try to take chris down. either way ill have my eyelids stapled open for this one because ill be afraid to blink and miss something.
prozacnation1978
1/7/09 11:19:56AM
i don't think either one will honestly but this could go 3 rounds chris couldn't even put away paul taylor
has fight of the night written all over it
Franklinfan47
1/7/09 11:47:54AM
WAR DAVIS
EvenFlow
1/7/09 12:33:13PM
I hope Lytle chokes him unconscious
MMA
1/7/09 1:47:29PM
It's because he knows that Lytle has a better ground game than him. Standing, I'd give Marcus the advantage but Lytle is a pretty good boxer. It's just that the guy is trying so hard to win FOTN that he opts to bang instead.
TheNatural915
1/7/09 1:48:59PM
Lytle is a boxer, I think he has the better stand up. Davis' stand up isn't that great
bojangalz
1/7/09 2:35:39PM

Posted by ChokeUout
Yeah, He's been saying this from day one, saying that he wants to give an exciting fight so he wants to stand up. Personally, I love a great stand up fight as much as the next guy, but I LOATHE the stereotype that only stand up fights are exciting. THe thing about this fight is that both Davis and Lytle are very well rounded, so that if he went to the ground it'd be just as exciting, if not more so. Plus, if Lytle gets him to the ground and chokes him out, I seriously doubt he'll mind if Davis calls him a Pussy.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Well said.
cmb19932
1/7/09 2:54:21PM

Posted by TheNatural915

Lytle is a boxer, I think he has the better stand up. Davis' stand up isn't that great

davis is a boxer
EvenFlow
1/7/09 3:09:16PM

Posted by ChokeUout

Posted by EvenFlow

LINK

I just hope Lytle dosnt get goated by mind games.
Gipper
1/7/09 7:07:46PM
i've lost almost all respect for this guy. davis know's if it goes to the ground he's in trouble. chris lytle is one of my favorite fighters and i've never wanted him to win more then against davis.
higdon10
1/7/09 8:16:52PM
jiujitsufreak74
1/7/09 8:43:50PM
all this is is mind games...i have never seen such a reaction to a fighter playing mind games. keep your respect, Davis obviously doesn't need it from people who are attacking him for these comments

Davis wins via UD and gets FOTN
EvenFlow
1/7/09 8:49:48PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

all this is is mind games

Davis wins via UD and gets FOTN

Agreed.
Mayhem13
1/8/09 1:15:37AM
I'm pretty sure Lytle called out Davis, and said he wants to stand and bang with him int he first place

so Davis is probably just trying, to keep it that way.

Both are former pro-boxers...but Davis is the only one that looks like it imo.
Lytle is a tough dude, but his stand-up is kind of sloppy and he throws a lot of wild haymakers...where Davis is pretty technical and will outwork Lytle on the feet and get a late TKO on a gassed Lytle.
Aether
1/8/09 2:39:15AM
I don't find this any less disrespectful than Palhares saying Henderson was afraid to take the fight to the ground, personally. I'm surprised to hear some of the people defending this statement who also criticized Palhares for his statement. In my mind they're almost completely identical statements. I guess you can say it's just to hype the fight, but the comment is essentially the same.
gsquat
1/8/09 10:17:15AM
Well then Davis would be the pu$$y because he'd take this to the groud before Lytle would.
State_Champ
1/9/09 4:00:41PM
WAR DAVIS
bls1919
1/10/09 8:41:30PM
I have My man Lytle taking this one via a UD. its going to be FOTN.
hippysmacker
1/12/09 10:21:21AM
I wonder if Davis thought the same of himself ,when he took it to the ground, when Paul Taylor smashed him upside the head
tuvok500
1/12/09 1:41:45PM
WAR DAVIS !! Lytle gonna regret to have called Davis out !!

Jim_Dangle
1/13/09 6:09:55PM

Posted by Mayhem13

I'm pretty sure Lytle called out Davis, and said he wants to stand and bang with him int he first place

so Davis is probably just trying, to keep it that way.

Both are former pro-boxers...but Davis is the only one that looks like it imo.
Lytle is a tough dude, but his stand-up is kind of sloppy and he throws a lot of wild haymakers...where Davis is pretty technical and will outwork Lytle on the feet and get a late TKO on a gassed Lytle.

Lytle fought and defeated a higher caliber of boxer during his run in boxing.
HumanTarget
1/13/09 10:02:17PM

Posted by TheNatural915

Yeah but Davis was a much more accomplished Professial. He stand up is much better but Lytle takes in it the ground game. Should make for a fantastic fight. My guess is the first 2 mins will be non-stop action. Then comes the pussy
casey64
1/13/09 10:12:45PM
Marcus is gonna keep this standing, I hope that Chris keeps its standing, cause if the fight is stand up the whole time it'll be a slugfest. Davis takes this fight by Round 2 TKO.
whardin19
1/14/09 7:34:57AM
Uh, no Marcus Davis. Whoever takes this fight to the ground is not a p***y! It's part of MMA. If you can't win the stand up you take it to the ground. It's smart and the way you win in this sport. Silly comment from a guy that a normally like.
NeaRMisS
1/14/09 10:22:07AM

Posted by TheNatural915

I think you are the first person to ever say Davis doesn't have good stand up. First for everything I suppose.
Pages: [1] 2