Marcus Brimage annoyed by Conor McGregor fans prior to UFC on FUEL TV 9

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Marcus Brimage annoyed by Conor McGregor fans prior to UFC on FUEL TV 9
FastKnockout
4/5/13 6:04:00PM
UFC matchmakers aren't the only ones giving Marcus Brimage a hard time. Conor McGregor fans don't like him much, either, ahead of the pair's meeting at UFC on FUEL TV 9 on Saturday in Sweden.

Link
Budgellism
4/5/13 6:17:16PM
Brimage is such a nice guy. It was weird seeing him act the way he did at the weigh ins. He's usually full of energy and joking around. Not today. I hope he pulls it off.
emfleek
4/5/13 6:34:41PM

Posted by Budgellism

Brimage is such a nice guy. It was weird seeing him act the way he did at the weigh ins. He's usually full of energy and joking around. Not today. I hope he pulls it off.

I think I'd be a bit frustrated if I were him. He beat Bass and was brought in to more than likely lose to Blanco. He beat Blanco and was matched up with another hyped prospect in Hettes...he beat him. Those two wins IMO should put him a little higher up the latter and not facing a UFC newcomer and yet another "hot prospect."
Wallass
4/5/13 6:55:56PM
Conor's pretty big on himself for someone who hasn't accomplished much and Brim is going to humble him tomorrow.... then impress us all with some crazy flips!!!
hotrodttt
4/5/13 7:03:18PM
McGregor acted like a tool at the weigh ins, I hope Brimage wipes him out.
JLS1980
4/5/13 7:11:02PM

Posted by hotrodttt

This
Bubbles
4/5/13 7:57:23PM

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by hotrodttt

This

kopower
4/5/13 8:24:58PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by hotrodttt

This

Same here. McGregor hasn't faced anybody like Brimage yet. Hopefully the Bama Beast goes Super Saiyan and ends the hype behind McGregor

FastKnockout
4/5/13 8:37:05PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by hotrodttt

This

Same here. McGregor hasn't faced anybody like Brimage yet. Hopefully the Bama Beast goes Super Saiyan and ends the hype behind McGregor

Can't wait to see McGregor's reaction when he realizes Brimage's power level is over 9000. It will probably look something like this.

hotrodttt
4/5/13 9:42:16PM
McGregor made his name beating guys who wouldnt have even made evaluations for tuf. Brimage has proven me wrong 3 times in a row. All he needs to do is stay away from the power shots and he'll be good. I think that the UFC wants McGregor to win so they can break into the Irish market again and have an actual face rather than an American in Marcus Davis.
Budgellism
4/5/13 11:04:03PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kopower

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by hotrodttt

This

Can't wait to see McGregor's reaction when he realizes Brimage's power level is over 9000. It will probably look something like this.

I'm with all of you. WAR BRIMAGE and his scouter!
Bubbles
4/6/13 12:48:24AM

Posted by hotrodttt

McGregor made his name beating guys who wouldnt have even made evaluations for tuf. Brimage has proven me wrong 3 times in a row. All he needs to do is stay away from the power shots and he'll be good. I think that the UFC wants McGregor to win so they can break into the Irish market again and have an actual face rather than an American in Marcus Davis.

Norman Parke just won TUF Smashes
RhythmAndStyle
4/6/13 1:33:44AM
it wasnt just Conor that annoyed me, but also Reza Madadi , WTF!?! was his problem acting all tough and shit..chill homie..better hope ur striking is on par with Johnson or ur getting ktfo!..i hope Johnson gets that fool..
hotrodttt
4/6/13 6:07:16AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by hotrodttt

Norman Parke just won TUF Smashes

Ehhh I don't see him being the face of Irish mma, I think McGregor is better suited because of his exciting style and devastating ko's.
Tyzzler
4/6/13 6:13:24AM
[WAS] Thinkin Brimage will take this fight easily...BUT, watched past 4 fights of Brim & McGregor. Now, judgin by the counter-plan McGregor (or, LOT MORE LIKELY, his team) has recently put to action...along with the fact that Brimage has already been handed TWO "show-fights" in a row, tells me that McGregor will beast through this fight in seconds.
Same with Michael Johnson...NEVER could stand the guy since TUF, nothin but cocky d*ck, but no defying he's helluva fighter after Castillo fight. Would've picked him straight up too as I've seen his last 5 full fights...BUT, n past few days I've seen all the adverts hypin Madadi, as well as all the "home-town" hype...which consequently led me to watch about 8 of his past fights...Now, I'm absolutely positive that Madadi will be the single-handed beast of a human stand-out in tonight's whole event! Literally changed my $100 bet from Johnson to Madadi 5 mins before I wrote this.
LOST A LOOOOTTTTT of money on NCAA strictly bc I bet on those I 'LIKED' & was 'HUGE FANS OF'...now I'm completely changing & betting objectively from here out. THAT BEING SAID...I have MCGREGOR (rooting for Brimage tho), Madadi (rooting for Johnson)...& Mousassi (no difference! was rootin for, as well as 95% positive he would have knocked out Gustaffson anyway.)

CALL ME CRAZY....BUT....Most looking forward to Tor & Cella fight!!! (Both beasts, but not at all showcased on TUF to the level their skills warranted!!!) Troeng is contender-calibur, but just bc he's not a sh*t-talking a$$hole, he got ABSOLUTELY no coverage on show. Google Tor Troeng & watch his highlight before ya even think about disagreeing w any of my statements about him.
aussiemma
4/6/13 6:29:34AM
screw you guys im on the mcgregor hype train ! he sold me at the weigh ins.
Kpro
4/6/13 9:46:44AM
Stylistically, this is Brimage's worst opponent's-fans matchup he's ever had.
KingCmb
4/6/13 9:57:48AM
im all about the irish diaz brother

war mcgregor
Adam_Buru
4/6/13 8:15:18PM
Now Marcus Brimage can be annoyed by that solid beat-down he received.
JLS1980
4/6/13 9:16:09PM

Posted by Adam_Buru

Adam_Buru Fuel 9 Picks

That's funny you say this considering you did pick Marcus Brimage.
Shawn91111
4/6/13 10:53:41PM

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Adam_Buru

Adam_Buru Fuel 9 Picks

Playground_Samurai
4/6/13 11:12:43PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Adam_Buru

Adam_Buru Fuel 9 Picks

I don't get it? I picked Brimage too, but realize he caught a beatdown, so?
Adam_Buru
4/7/13 1:00:03AM

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Adam_Buru

Adam_Buru Fuel 9 Picks

So? lol... I thought he was going to win... and then he didn't. How does that negate my post in this thread?

I stand by what I said. Now he can be annoyed at that solid beat-down he received.
Adam_Buru
4/7/13 1:03:39AM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Adam_Buru

Adam_Buru Fuel 9 Picks

I don't get it? I picked Brimage too, but realize he caught a beatdown, so?

Don't worry about it. I don't think anyone else was supposed to get it. It clearly makes no sense.

Great sig by the way.
Goatenstein
4/7/13 12:15:06PM
Glad McGregor silenced the haters. Brimage knew he was in tough and desperately tried to win quickly and got absolutely schooled by a superior boxer.
bjj1605
4/7/13 4:54:31PM
This thread is awesome in retrospect.
machodog76
4/7/13 11:28:02PM

Posted by bjj1605

This thread is awesome in retrospect.

Was thinking the same thing, I picked Brimage though.