Marcello Monteiro BJJ Association Blue Belt Requirements

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Marcello Monteiro BJJ Association Blue Belt Requirements
Kimura_Kush
8/9/09 1:58:26PM
Okay, now I know what my school is under lol what are the basic blue requirements for the Marcello Monteiro BJJ Association. i want to look them up and put them on a cd. thanks.
Joemoplata
8/26/09 11:37:12AM
While I am not sure of the specifics for this school, I would bet that it is to tap all the white belts in class.
RyanC
8/29/09 5:56:39PM

Posted by Joemoplata

While I am not sure of the specifics for this school, I would bet that it is to tap all the white belts in class.

There are schools where all you have to do is tap all the white belts in the class? That is a silly way to test up in my opinion.
Joemoplata
8/31/09 12:05:40PM
Most schools have no "test". In fact, it's a bit unusual to have any kind of "test" or written requirements. Some do, most do not.
telnights
8/31/09 5:04:32PM
All schools have different requirements and some have almost none at all. Just really depends on your trainer and what his point of view on it is.
RMFG_187
9/4/09 9:46:37PM
If you tap Blue belts, u get Blue at mine. But with exceptions. My friend is a white belt, and probably the best White Belt in Canada. He deserves a Blue, can tap out purple belts, but at my gym the time u put in is important.

The BJJ class is split in two. first come self defence, which is just learning techniques, and 2nd part is rolling. He just shows up to the rolling part, but is very talented, and learns on the fly.

Sometimes, a trainer will tell you, win this tournament and u will advance. its not like Karate where u do a demonstration similar to a fight dance and u advance a grade. It all depends on the school, trainers, and fight team.

But you dont want to get a belt too easy
madmarck
9/6/09 2:10:37PM

Posted by RMFG_187

If you tap Blue belts, u get Blue at mine. But with exceptions. My friend is a white belt, and probably the best White Belt in Canada. He deserves a Blue, can tap out purple belts, but at my gym the time u put in is important.

The BJJ class is split in two. first come self defence, which is just learning techniques, and 2nd part is rolling. He just shows up to the rolling part, but is very talented, and learns on the fly.

Sometimes, a trainer will tell you, win this tournament and u will advance. its not like Karate where u do a demonstration similar to a fight dance and u advance a grade. It all depends on the school, trainers, and fight team.

But you dont want to get a belt too easy

While not a fight dance, some schools do require that you know several techniques from several positions for just a blue belt. knowing things such as 3 sweeps from de la riva, butterfly, spider guard, x guard etc.

while others have a set ciruculum of moves you have to perform.

Others on top award simply on fighting ability.

Some schools may have a formal test but may for go it if a indiviudal is exteremly taleneted.
RMFG_187
9/11/09 12:22:38AM
No off to karate and such, I'm just saying its different and a lot harder to become a blue,purp etc. Than it is in karate.