Manny Gamburyan could make some noise in WEC at 145lbs

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Manny Gamburyan could make some noise in WEC at 145lbs
AchillesHeel
6/8/07 1:56:24PM
I'm just sayin'. Y'know, if he wanted to. Gamburyan vs. Faber, yo. I'd watch that.

pv3Hpv3p
6/8/07 2:26:13PM
I was thinking the same thing on my way to work today... That guy's a beast at 155, but just too short... I don't know if I'd go and throw him at Faber, but I could see him becoming a contender very quickly
disorderlyvision
6/8/07 2:48:18PM
i was thinking the same thing
szucconi
6/8/07 3:25:49PM
He's like a little ball of muscle at 155. It would be interesting to know what weight he walks around at. I don't think we should assume he can get to 145 just because he's short. I think he could, but that doesn't mean he would even consider it. If he's close he should give it a shot, but if he's not then it might take to much out of him to cut ten lbs. of muscle and then fight Faber.
fedorwins1
6/8/07 7:29:56PM

Posted by szucconi

He's like a little ball of muscle at 155. It would be interesting to know what weight he walks around at. I don't think we should assume he can get to 145 just because he's short. I think he could, but that doesn't mean he would even consider it. If he's close he should give it a shot, but if he's not then it might take to much out of him to cut ten lbs. of muscle and then fight Faber.

Yea he's pure muscle, so I'm sure it would be very hard for him to make 145. If he could though, I think he can take Faber.
AchillesHeel
6/8/07 11:33:08PM

Posted by szucconi

I don't think we should assume he can get to 145 just because he's short.

Yes, that's true. And it should also be pointed out that he might make some noise at 155 in the UFC. Some people could see a move to the WEC as a kind of demotion, even if it's at a weight class unavailable in the UFC.
Gkizi
6/10/07 1:43:56PM
WOW,Manny vs Faber would be a great fight.