Manhoef, How hard does this guy hit!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Manhoef, How hard does this guy hit!!!
bls1919
1/2/09 11:40:11AM
Melvin Manhoef absolutly proved Mark Hunt is human. With a devastating left hook placed right behind Hunts ear he dropped the big man then Landed a few on the ground. I didnt think the undersized Manhoef could pull it off, but he proved me wrong. He must have sledgehammers for fists. What did you all think of the fight and KO
ohiostate1016
1/2/09 11:56:56AM
I was really impressed with Manhoef in that fight, and it even made me move him into my MW top 10.
Franklinfan47
1/2/09 1:55:37PM
I was also really impressed. I thought he stood a good chance of winning, but I never thought he could knock out the iron chinned Hunt in less than a minute like that. Guys like Wandy couldn't even do that. War Manheof!
cmill21
1/2/09 2:12:02PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I was also really impressed. I thought he stood a good chance of winning, but I never thought he could knock out the iron chinned Hunt in less than a minute like that. Guys like Wandy couldn't even do that. War Manheof!

Lol of all the guys to hit Hunt you picked Wand. It's true though, it's rediculous that Manhoef was the guy to do it. I was as shocked as anyone.
Jackelope
1/2/09 2:48:50PM
I've always said that I think Manhoef could beat Anderson Silva in a standup war, but shocked doesn't begin to describe my feelings. Even being a big Manhoef fan I can say that.

I was absolutely blown away... completely stunned. I'm still reeling. I feel like he punched me, not Mark Hunt. That's how hard he must hit!
Wolfenstein
1/2/09 3:28:15PM
If Melvin had a ground game, he could easilly be a top ten P4P fighter.

He looks like a mini Mike Tyson (the good version) the way he hurls his entire body into these looping hooks that look like they're going to kill somebody. It appeared that he hit Hunt square on the nose and he put him out. I thought Melvin was always one of the hardest hitters at MW and LHW (probably the hardest hitting) but I din't think he could be one of the hardest hitting HW's!

For a guy who retired only a few months ago, he's making some real waves again.
Rollins
1/2/09 5:48:39PM
I understand Manhoef can hit hard but it's not always just about pure power. I'm not taking anything away from him in saying this but: Let's remember a strike landed at just the right time and place can put anyone down even the mighty Hunto. Sure he has an Iron chin/head, that's obviously been proven over the years but when the stars line up just right it doesn't take alot of power to KO anyone.

Like I said, not taking anything away from Manhoef and I know Hunts' been in alot of wars and took some incredibly hard shots but I believe this was just one of those perfect shots in just the right place at the right time.

If you have no extensive training in the striking arts, please keep the flaming and shooting down this truth to a minimum. In addition discussing how X fighter hit him harder or just like that and didn't even rock him is a mute point, obviously something was different about this particular shot and it wasn't just power or Hunto being in too many wars.
Jackelope
1/2/09 6:09:49PM

Posted by Rollins

I understand Manhoef can hit hard but it's not always just about pure power. I'm not taking anything away from him in saying this but: Let's remember a strike landed at just the right time and place can put anyone down even the mighty Hunto. Sure he has an Iron chin/head, that's obviously been proven over the years but when the stars line up just right it doesn't take alot of power to KO anyone.

Like I said, not taking anything away from Manhoef and I know Hunts' been in alot of wars and took some incredibly hard shots but I believe this was just one of those perfect shots in just the right place at the right time.

If you have no extensive training in the striking arts, please keep the flaming and shooting down this truth to a minimum. In addition discussing how X fighter hit him harder or just like that and didn't even rock him is a mute point, obviously something was different about this particular shot and it wasn't just power or Hunto being in too many wars.

It very well could have been right place at the right time, but the only real difference between this and the Crocop LHK is that the Crocop fight happened where Hunt could get a standing count for a recovery. I find myself wondering if there were standing counts in MMA if Hunt would have recovered or not.

Regardless of whether he would have or not it says something to compare a middlweight's looping punch to quite possibly the hardest hitting striking weapon in all of combat sports. (CC's LHK)
cmill21
1/2/09 6:18:13PM

Posted by Jackelope

It very well could have been right place at the right time, but the only real difference between this and the Crocop LHK is that the Crocop fight happened where Hunt could get a standing count for a recovery. I find myself wondering if there were standing counts in MMA if Hunt would have recovered or not.

Regardless of whether he would have or not it says something to compare a middlweight's looping punch to quite possibly the hardest hitting striking weapon in all of combat sports. (CC's LHK)

Hunt said the only thing he remembered was the first punch, then after that nothing until he was in the dressing room. Remember Cro Cop got him with 2! 2! head kicks in their mma fight and Hunt didn't even go down.
bls1919
1/2/09 6:42:19PM
I know Melvins ground game is shaky at best but i would love to see him the UFC. He would give a lot guys trouble.
cmill21
1/2/09 7:09:35PM

Posted by bls1919

I know Melvins ground game is shaky at best but i would love to see him the UFC. He would give a lot guys trouble.

Well it's pretty much if you get him down the fights over but if you can't theres a great chance you're dead.
BrutalKnockOut
1/5/09 4:40:25PM
I think it's a combination of Manhoef being an absolute beast, and Hunt being ridiculously out of shape.
pv3Hpv3p
1/6/09 10:11:15AM
One of the most immpressive things about this KO was that Melvin pulled it off while he was back pedaling... To be able to box backwards like that with that kind of power... I don't know who could say that isn't amazing
Hendo67
1/7/09 6:32:32PM
Just think about it, Mirkos best headkick couldn't KO Mark, but Melvins hands did...Crazy.
bls1919
1/7/09 7:05:34PM

Posted by BrutalKnockOut

I think it's a combination of Manhoef being an absolute beast, and Hunt being ridiculously out of shape.

Hunt has always looked like that and been in some drag out wars. This fight ended 18 seconds in to the fight. his gas tank had nothing to do with it. Just Melvins punching power.
Hendo67
1/8/09 11:34:14AM
Melvin is a guy i love to see fight, i'd love to see him match up against Anderson, or Wandy...
He's very exciting to watch.
mrsmiley
1/8/09 9:23:08PM
Man, Melvin is one of them guys that can come up and beat anyone on any given night.If his ground game was well rounded he could easily be in the top 5 P4P.
bls1919
1/8/09 10:43:32PM
I would absolutly love to see him in a K1 fight with Anderson Silva. I think silva takes it........but it would be a hell of a fight. The UFC is another venue i would love to see Melvin in. He would need extensive wrestling training IMO. That way he could use a good sprawl and wizzer to keep it standing.