Manhoef Goes From Surgery to Dream Fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Manhoef Goes From Surgery to Dream Fight
puppetmaster837
5/12/08 7:09:13PM
Keeping it a secret from Dream officials, Melvin Manhoef fought on the recent DREAM.3 card on Sunday night in Japan, only a couple of weeks removed from surgery.

Manhoef fought and lost by way of knockout to Remy Bonjasky on April 26 in Amsterdam. The bout was part of the K-1 World Grand Prix 2008, fought under K-1 kickboxing rules.

On Sunday, May 11, in Saitama, Manhoef then fought under mixed martial arts rules, defeating Korean fighter Dae Won Kim in the first round of their fight at DREAM.3.

In his post-fight interview following the MMA bout, Manhoef revealed, “I didn't tell either Dream or K-1, but I was injured in my last fight against Remy Bonjasky. Because I received a lot of kicks and punches in the ribs, I had to have surgery to take out blood from behind the lung and I was hospitalized for seven days. So, I couldn't fight as aggressively as I wanted, I needed to be patient.”

Article

This explains why he didnt look as impressive or explosive as usual at Dream 3, i hope he has a full recovery and gets the knockout in Manhoef fashion at Dream 4. WAR MANHOEF!
juanez13
5/12/08 7:14:21PM
Not Surprised. Remy Has Vicious body kicks.
cmill21
5/12/08 7:23:09PM

Posted by juanez13

And he proves that the shell defense is amazingly effective if used correctly. Hope Melvins ok though.
juanez13
5/12/08 7:26:50PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by juanez13

And he proves that the shell defense is amazingly effective if used correctly. Hope Melvins ok though.

Yea, Key word being 'Correctly", Big Daddy (goodgridge) is an example of Using it incorrectly
Red-Dragon
5/12/08 7:53:13PM
I want to see Melvin in the UFC. He is a real contender and a tough fckin dude.
Ben_Hutch
5/12/08 8:05:49PM
Has anyone seen Melvin vs. Cyborg at Cage Rage? Now that's a f*cking classic.
cmill21
5/12/08 8:43:32PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

I want to see Melvin in the UFC. He is a real contender and a tough fckin dude.

His ground game is terrible lol.
89vision
5/12/08 8:51:24PM

Posted by juanez13

yeah remy was beatin him up in that fight, surprised it was able to go the distance without a KO (especially because remy didnt finish him at points)

also manhoef looked in trouble in this dream fight for about 20 seconds, he looked rocked and i was about to shit myself in disbelief
cmill21
5/12/08 10:05:34PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by juanez13

yeah remy was beatin him up in that fight, surprised it was able to go the distance without a KO (especially because remy didnt finish him at points)

also manhoef looked in trouble in this dream fight for about 20 seconds, he looked rocked and i was about to shit myself in disbelief

I think your talking about their first fight, because Remy did KO him.