Manhoef Coming Out Of Retirement...Sort Of

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Manhoef Coming Out Of Retirement...Sort Of
DCRage
11/24/08 1:31:35PM
It seems that Melvin Manhoef's "retirement" was merely a break to recharge after losing to Gegard Mousasi in the DREAM MWGP. After just 2 months Manhoef will return to action, but not MMA yet-he has a kickboxing fight coming up at a K-1 event next month then another one in February.

Article
jahdoug
11/24/08 3:05:00PM
he just needs to set a more reasonable pace. He'd never be sanctioned for that many fights so soon here in the states. i hope he keeps fighting though....anyone who wants to see a crazy yet skillful brawl check out Manhoef v. Cyborg Santos....i think its cage rage?
juanez13
11/24/08 5:01:52PM
Slowinski is gonna wreck his shit IMO.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/24/08 9:16:02PM
He needs to stay in k1 permanently or quit it and actually learn some ground skills full time. The bouncing back and forth isn't cutting it .
bls1919
11/24/08 9:36:28PM

Posted by jahdoug

anyone who wants to see a crazy yet skillful brawl check out Manhoef v. Cyborg Santos....i think its cage rage?

Great fight......Great heart by Santos. He took some huge punches from Melvin. Most guys get KTFO when that happens. Back to Melvin coming back, i think its great.
cmill21
11/24/08 9:57:25PM

Posted by juanez13

Slowinski is gonna wreck his shit IMO.

Yeah Slowinski should win unless Melvin catches him early like he did Karaev.
jay98107
11/24/08 10:01:47PM

Posted by jahdoug

anyone who wants to see a crazy yet skillful brawl check out Manhoef v. Cyborg Santos....i think its cage rage?

I love that fight, but after about three minutes it loses most of its skill. They just got too tired from kicking the living shit out of each other.