Manfred's MMA Trivia is finally back *ANSWERS*

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Manfred's MMA Trivia is finally back *ANSWERS*
Manfred
10/12/07 3:56:52PM
I know it's been too long. Been busy with the move and all. Here's a quick 10 question quiz.

- Feel free to comment or TTT, but PM the answers to me, don't post them in the thread!

- Props go to anyone who gets all 10 or whoever gets the most correct.

- NO FIGHTFINDER or Wikipedia, just your melon! ..on the honor system

Here goes:
1. At PRIDE 21, Fedor made his PRIDE debut. What did Bas Rutten and Quadros think Fedor might have trouble with? (BE SPECIFIC)
Striking on the ground (RINGS didn't allow striking on the ground) Kind of funny now since he's known for vicious GnP now. I also accepted Shilts reach since they did mentioned it in the broadcast

2. How much of the UFC does Dana White actually own?
10%

3. Before the UFC, Which Gracie made a public claim in Playboy that he was the baddest man alive and would beat anyone in a NHB match.
Rorion (1989 Playboy article) He's Rickson and Royce's oldest brother and co-founder of the UFC

4. Frye / Takayama, was one of PRIDE's most memorable fights, was never supposed to happen. Who was Frye supposed to fight?
Mark Coleman, who had to pull out with an injury

5. Who currently holds the best MMA record (statistically) of all active fighters? (Not the biggest record, the best)
Jason Reinhardt, Lauzon's next opponent. Filho has 16 and Bisping has 14

6. Name at least 2 fighters who have over 20 career (T)KO's
Travis Fulton (56)
Gilbert Yvel (27)
Igor Vovchanyn (25)
Wanderlei Silva (21)
Some of the most common answers were J. Horn (19), Cro Cop (15) and Liddell (13). Big Tim also has 16

7. Hayato Sakurai went undefeated for his first 20 fights. Who gave him his first loss?
Anderson Silva, via un. dec. in Shooto

8. All 3 of Quinton Jackson's sons have something in common (besides his DNA), what is it? (nothing to do with race)
They all have the middle name of Rampage (His daughter's middle name is Page)

9. Who sued the U.S. Olympic Committee in order to compete in the 2000 games.
Matt "the Law" Lindland Got a lot of Yoshida answers. Not sure if he sued the Japanese commission, but pretty sure he didn't sue the US!

10. Which fighter said, "My diet is just like Atkins, only with carbs"
BJ Penn

Thanks for trying everyone. The point of these trivias I've been doing isn't to make anyone feel like a "noob" or feel bad. I have to look up a lot of these myself. It's just for fun and to hopefully expand the knowledge of all you dumb ass TUF noobs.

There are some of the older ones at the bottom under "Related Topics" for those of you who joined the playground recently.
Manfred
10/12/07 3:57:37PM
Answers will be posted later (I usually wait a day or so to give everyone a chance) Answers will be PM'd to those who want them
I'll close out the contest Sunday morning (US time)
Results:

jiujitsufreak74: 9/10
aaronn9: 7/10
Stickan: 4/10
thelastking: 4/10
fedorwins1: 3/10
grappler0000: 3/10
hotrodttt: 3/10
puppetmaster837: 3/10
NatedawgThaM: 2/10
roadking95th: 2.5/10
Rush: 1.5/10
Svartorm: 1.5/10
jackelope: 1/10
mkiv9secsupra: 1/10
Boo_Radley21: 1/10
JimiMak: 0.5
Djbb: 0/10
Djbb
10/12/07 4:17:04PM

Posted by Manfred

Results:

Aw comeon, all 3 of Quinton's sons are black.
Manfred
10/12/07 4:18:27PM

Posted by Djbb

Posted by Manfred

Results:

Actually, ones albino
NatedawgThaM
10/12/07 4:21:22PM

Posted by Djbb

Posted by Manfred

Results:

LMAO!!!!

I want the answers!!! lol I did horrible!!!
fedorwins1
10/12/07 4:39:03PM

Posted by Manfred

Answers will be posted later (I usually wait a day or so to give everyone a chance) Answers will be PM'd to those who want them

Results:

Rush: 0.5/10
fedorwins1: 3/10

Lol only 3 wtf I suck
Rush
10/12/07 4:40:33PM
Send me the answers. I thought I would at least get #1 correct.
Manfred
10/12/07 4:42:28PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Lol only 3 wtf I suck

^ but you're in the lead
Rush
10/12/07 5:06:18PM
arg. I actually had the correct answer for the Dana White question and changed it. lol Oh well it wouldn't have mattered.
hotrodttt
10/12/07 6:44:15PM
TTT
Manfred
10/13/07 4:58:22AM
I guess I've outdone myself this time, no one has gotten more than 4 right, sorry guys
mkiv9secsupra
10/13/07 3:30:44PM
10. Which fighter said, "My diet is just like Atkins, only with carbs"

my answer was Gabe Rudiger!
Manfred
10/14/07 12:24:17AM
TTT for the new results.
Rush
10/14/07 12:37:34AM
I think you should forget the honour system for these though and "allow" people to use the web.

I personally have fun hunting down the answers. Just a thought.
Manfred
10/14/07 12:40:49AM

Posted by Rush

I think you should forget the honour system for these though and "allow" people to use the web.

I personally have fun hunting down the answers. Just a thought.

Not a bad idea. Maybe for next time.
Svartorm
10/14/07 1:13:45AM
Then hunt down the answers after you send the questions, but before you get the results. Its fun to try and pull obscure crap out of your head I think.
jiujitsufreak74
10/14/07 1:40:09AM
this quiz proved to me that i know too much useless mma facts. i guess after a solid year of watching old pride fights and soaking in everything about mma you could in a short time to catch up with the older fans pays off somewhere haha
Jackelope
10/14/07 3:28:39AM
Man I'm scared to even try... lol. I watch a lot of fights (At least I thought) but I guess maybe not enough!
Manfred
10/14/07 11:38:42AM
Answers are up, any comments?? Too hard again?
Boo_Radley21
10/14/07 11:39:07AM
At least I got one right haha. Damn I suck
Rush
10/14/07 11:41:01AM

Posted by Svartorm

Then hunt down the answers after you send the questions, but before you get the results. Its fun to try and pull obscure crap out of your head I think.

I guess I don't have enough faith in society to believe the honour system is followed by 100% of all participants.
Manfred
10/14/07 11:47:01AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Svartorm

I guess I don't have enough faith in society to believe the honour system is followed by 100% of all participants.

You have a point but what's the reward? Props, big deal. Also I try to make a few questions from videos or documentaries (like #1, 3 and 4) for example
Rush
10/14/07 4:25:51PM
True enough, but then again I just don't like the thought of people cheating even if the reward is trivial.
madmarck
10/14/07 8:24:19PM

Posted by Djbb

Posted by Manfred

Results:

Dont you watch UFC All Access? Dude you totally arent int he facebook generation!

Sorry i missed the quiz manfred was out of town. I been thinking of kicking another one off soon hope you can try it.
Manfred
10/15/07 12:19:59AM
^ I was wondering, you're normally the first one all over my trivias. I guess it was pretty hard for most the guys
madmarck
10/16/07 12:30:50PM

Posted by Manfred

^ I was wondering, you're normally the first one all over my trivias. I guess it was pretty hard for most the guys

WEll i only woulda got a 7/10.
Stickan
10/16/07 1:00:30PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Manfred

WEll i only woulda got a 7/10.

...using google.

I got 4/10 and I seem to be one of the better scorers of this trivia so I guess it was pretty hard.
I got the reach one, the KOs, A.Silva and the Law question.

Keep it coming with those trivias though. I don't care if others are using google. I just want to test myself and learn some obscure MMA facts.
jiujitsufreak74
10/16/07 5:18:21PM
i found it ridiculously challenging and i mostly took educated guesses on my answers. i swear i didn't use google, as last summer, to keep up with all of the pride fans, i had to watch every single pride fight. it took a while but i got through a good 80 percent of them. that is probably the only reason i got so many right, i actually completely guessed on the gracie question and i guessed rorian because the other gracies i knew didn't make sense and i had recently don a report about BJJ and he was one of only a few with a 9th degree black belt. i personally can't wait for the next one, as i a msure that i won't get this many right ever again haha