Manager: Anderson Silva Wouldn't Have a Problem Fighting Georges St. Pierre at a Catchweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Manager: Anderson Silva Wouldn't Have a Problem Fighting Georges St. Pierre at a Catchweight
FastKnockout
3/15/11 3:44:54PM
"Anderson has proven he’s the best fighter and he handles it quite good. It’s a complicated fight to GSP… It’s a pretty bad fight for him. Anderson has this biotype, he loses weight easily, he can make any weight, so I believe a catchweight division would be perfect for GSP, and Anderson wouldn’t have problems with that. Who’d have a problem would be GSP, because Anderson can lose that weight easily and, at the day of the fight, he’d be on his usual weight, so I believe it’s complicated for Georges St. Pierre"

LINK
TS92turbo
3/15/11 3:56:59PM
If GSP doesnt finish it, Anderson will.
Cooler
3/15/11 4:29:56PM
Somewhere in Quebec, GSP just sharted himself
Hendo67
3/15/11 4:38:29PM
Well, now there's even more of an effort from Anderson's part... Come on, Georges, step up.
DeadHead988
3/15/11 5:23:00PM
Originally I thought GSP would win this fight easily by decision, but all he's shown is that he doesn't want it. On the other hand, Silva's going out of his way to get this fight, probly gonna change my pick.
lohmann
3/15/11 8:48:41PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Originally I thought GSP would win this fight easily by decision, but all he's shown is that he doesn't want it. On the other hand, Silva's going out of his way to get this fight, probly gonna change my pick.

I'd pick Silva to win the fight too, but the lines are going to be outrageous. St. Pierre probably is going to see a sizable chunk of my paycheck.

I have a feeling something will happen in Dreamtown that will forever stop the momentum of a fight that sometimes feels inevitable, be it Silva loses to Okami, St. Pierre loses to Shields, Silva retires, or St. Pierre flat out says "I can not win that fight." It's unfortunate, too, since it's a rare circumstance that a fight can not only determine the best fighter in the world but also the greatest.
GSPCanada
3/15/11 8:53:14PM
I don't know if there is anyway these 2 guys can make an arrangement to fight at 185, but under the table agree to meet at a catchweight so that it is a 5-rounder

bottom line is if gsp beats shields, there is nothing left for him, there is no #1 contender and he has to fight anderson unless he says no, and if he does I expect silva to go after the 205 crown, maybe after okami
State_Champ
3/15/11 9:37:25PM

Posted by GSPCanada

I don't know if there is anyway these 2 guys can make an arrangement to fight at 185, but under the table agree to meet at a catchweight so that it is a 5-rounder

bottom line is if gsp beats shields, there is nothing left for him, there is no #1 contender and he has to fight anderson unless he says no, and if he does I expect silva to go after the 205 crown, maybe after okami

I believe that anything between 172 and 186 is considered middleweight so they could still fight for the middle weight title... 5 ROUNDS!
State_Champ
3/15/11 9:39:17PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by GSPCanada

I believe that anything between 172 and 186 is considered middleweight so they could still fight for the middle weight title... 5 ROUNDS!

EDIT: 171-185!!!:
icantthinkofanything
3/16/11 12:22:49PM
Yushin comes first,
GSP is not afraid of anyone, but has bought into the hype behind size matters.
GSP may not want a fight with the Spider Silva, but he is right, that Yushin Deserves a chance first, and no one wants to ight Okami for various reasons.

a good time for GSP to go to the olympics if he wants to outlive the career of Anderson, and come back after Silva retires.
SpiderSilva
3/16/11 2:57:45PM
i think GSP has lost this fight mentaly. I'm sure he would take the fight he has an amazing chance of winning but something is up on his part
jgtribbett
3/18/11 12:41:25PM
I'm not a very big GSP fan, Im impressed by him, but I dont even want to watch him fight. BUT! GSP by UD. Lay and pray or GNP