Manager: Anderson Silva ‘set on fighting’ at the beginning of 2015, eyeing Nick Diaz

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Manager: Anderson Silva ‘set on fighting’ at the beginning of 2015, eyeing Nick Diaz
Shawn91111
6/2/14 3:21:41PM
Take one glance at the Twitter timeline of former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, and somewhere among the myriad of Instagram videos showing the sweat-drenched Brazilian hitting mitts and kicking heavy bags with his titanium-fortified left leg, it's easy to get a sense about Silva's current motivations, regardless of his recent 39th birthday.

"He's definitely coming back," Silva's manager, Ed Soares, said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "He's feeling good, he's training hard. Everything is good, man. Hopefully we'll see him back. We won't see him back any earlier than the end of this year or, most likely, the beginning of next year.

"There's always a chance (he comes back in 2014), but as of right now I think his mind is set on fighting at the beginning of next year."

One of the most accomplished fighters in the history of the sport, Silva (33-6) has nonetheless been relegated to the sidelines since suffering a gruesome leg break in the second round of his UFC 168 rematch against Chris Weidman. Although in the six months since the injury, his recovery has been nothing short of remarkable.

LINK
Lungsofsteel
6/2/14 4:16:52PM
a third fight with chael would be cool also
prophecy033
6/2/14 4:22:16PM
So if he fights Nick Diaz I'm assuming it will be a catchweigh fight. Either that or Nick fights at middleweight. Either way they do it I like the matchup.
hate4thestate
6/2/14 4:32:44PM

Posted by prophecy033

So if he fights Nick Diaz I'm assuming it will be a catchweigh fight. Either that or Nick fights at middleweight. Either way they do it I like the matchup.

Nick has fought at MW before without issues. Not against anyone as good as Andy though.
infestructure
6/2/14 6:00:19PM

Posted by Lungsofsteel

Not IMO, Chaels only chance is lay and pray.
aussiemma
6/2/14 7:54:12PM
This is a good idea and if say nick would definitely jump at the chance.

Also there is little to no chance of nick hurting silva's injured leg.
kopower
6/2/14 8:31:23PM
Now that's a fight I'd pay money to watch.
prozacnation1978
6/2/14 8:32:21PM
I think nick would take this fight and end his retirement
40ouncetpkid
6/2/14 9:06:35PM
This would be such a sick comeback fight!
postman
6/2/14 11:01:10PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Lungsofsteel

Not IMO, Chaels only chance is lay and pray.

Yeah I want that fight as bad as I want a tooth ache
Michael_Corleone
6/3/14 3:37:28PM
This is the greatest thing about Anderson Silva coming back. He doesn't have to worry about defending the title, and can have these excellent super-fight style main events.