man why have UFN cards im struggling with the ufc undercards enough

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » man why have UFN cards im struggling with the ufc undercards enough
Huckit
3/6/07 8:56:04PM
i have no idea about most of these fighters...i have to just look there % of picks and sherdog records it sux ass
shackle
3/6/07 9:41:08PM
I can tell your from sherdog lol....

Um it's free.... it's mma.

Can't ask for a better deal.

I mean I'm not totally impressed with the card, but I'll be watching it.
SteedTheDeed
3/6/07 9:41:39PM
i like the free fights but they usally suck.
hippysmacker
3/6/07 9:44:07PM
All free MMA is a + to me, but I think he was asking about picks on fighter's he doesn't know.
Momentosis
3/6/07 9:46:10PM
Gives you a chance to learn about new up-n-coming fighters. Don't complain about it. Research these guys and you might become a fan of one.
poll77
3/6/07 9:48:08PM
just dont fill your picks out on the card if you are worried you are going to get them all wrong...
nate22
3/7/07 3:10:56PM
It's cool, encourages you to learn more about MMA and in a way support the fighters by having an idea of who they are.
Mayo
3/7/07 3:19:08PM
Rule of thumb... if there's no photo of the fighter then don't bet on him
AchillesHeel
3/7/07 3:20:36PM
I'm not sure whether you're talking about watching the fights or making your picks for them.

I use Sherdog's database to scout out guys I haven't seen, too. It's still a crap-shoot, most of the time, but if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen...

And, like people have said, MMA on "free" television is a good thing. Provided you enjoy MMA, of course.
AchillesHeel
3/7/07 3:21:26PM

Posted by Mayo

Rule of thumb... if there's no photo of the fighter then don't bet on him

Heh.
nellyhiphophead
3/7/07 3:22:13PM
man i think its sweet how much we get to pick fights like jsut casue your not deep into the sport shouldn't mean that us that are into it and know of most these fighters shouldn't be able to pick them. ify ou don't know who these fights are then get some dvd's or go on the net and watch some of there past fights.
madmarck
3/8/07 8:25:45AM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

i like the free fights but they usally suck.

But it is free. If someone offered you a Free Honda civis and you wanted a JAg would you turn it donw? I dobut it.
Free shit is free. if you dont like it threadstarter. Then dont bet on em. You wont lost points or $$ for not betting, just choose your pics and dont bet if you dont feel confident in the card.
Stickan
3/8/07 9:31:20AM
I like the UFN.

There have been lots of up n comers on those cards.

Fitch
Fisher
Alves
Kampmann
Marquardt
Koscheck
etc.etc.
crimethinc
3/8/07 10:51:19PM
I always look at every aspect of the sherdog records for fighters I'm not sure about and it helps a lot. I make picks on every fight wether I know the fighters or not. I don't put bets on every fight but I always make my picks. Unless you are worried about having a bad record there isn't really anything to lose.

No Pick = 0 pts.
Wrong Pick = 0 pts.
Correct Pick (guess) = at least 5 pts.

So you risk the same by just guessing the result and getting it wrong. If you guess correctly consider that bonus pts.
Broknmunky
3/9/07 2:45:54AM

Posted by poll77

just dont fill your picks out on the card if you are worried you are going to get them all wrong...

I don't agree! I think you should ask and pick at least a winner. You don't lose anything if you get it wrong. And you don't win anything if you don't make a pick! Just my opinion!