the man who has the tools to beat brock ...antonio silva anyone ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » the man who has the tools to beat brock ...antonio silva anyone ?
thunderstruck
8/5/09 10:27:29PM
why is this guy not in the ufc and why dont anyone talk about this guy much ? a man of natural build that size (around lesnars ballpark ) with fast very powerful kicks /punchs and despite getting caught against pele (everyone has a bad night ) i think this man cut down to make 265 like brock does would make him even faster and definitely a threat to brock . i think hes tailor made to give a guy like brock fits . so can someone enlighten me as to how come this guys not being recruited by dana ?
imanidiot777
8/5/09 10:30:22PM
no.....just no
cowcatcher
8/5/09 10:34:40PM
being suspended in cali for roids is a major road block
thunderstruck
8/5/09 10:37:48PM

Posted by cowcatcher

awe i see . i really dont know much about him ..another barnett eh ? what a shame . thanks for the info .
Khaos
8/5/09 10:39:55PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Plus fighting in japan during that suspension probably won't help his reputaion in the states as far as athletic commisions are concerned.
cowcatcher
8/5/09 10:44:08PM

Posted by Khaos

Posted by cowcatcher

Plus fighting in japan during that suspension probably won't help his reputaion in the states as far as athletic commisions are concerned.

exactly, it adds a whole new set of challenges in getting the guy sanctioned anywhere, the state athletic commissions stick together.
hotrodttt
8/5/09 11:54:02PM
Watch his fight with Ricco Rodriguez, nuff said. Ricco took him down and peppered him with shots and imo he won the Fight
Kpro
8/6/09 6:28:16AM
Yeah but it was removed.

EDIT: misread the title, thought it said "the man who has the tumor to beat brock"
StorminYourman
8/6/09 6:52:46AM
It do not think it is likely for Siva to bat Brock let him fight (and win convinceingly) some top competition before his name is mentioned as to beating Lesnar.
prozacnation1978
8/6/09 9:42:41AM
i like silva but i think the roids might not see him in the ufc but i do think strikeforce will pick him up, i think his suspsension is over it's been over a year hasn't it??
juggernautakira
8/6/09 10:23:04AM
Who know who can beat him, but were not going to see it. I actually feel ashamed for even mentioning a hint of this guy around this sad, pathetic time.
DCRage
8/6/09 10:26:37AM

Posted by Khaos

Posted by cowcatcher

His suspension actually is over now, it was up a couple weeks ago. But he still must go through the application/re-application processes in various states if he wants to fight over here again.
MattHughesRules
8/6/09 9:37:02PM
There is no way "The Giant" could beat Lesnar. Like everyone Brock fights he would end up on his back and pounded into the mat. Now that he has worked on his submission defense a little more I don't see anyone in the UFC posing a challenge and I think the only HW that could now fights for Strikeforce. I am pretty sure we all know I am not talking about Brett Rogers. ;-)
imanidiot777
8/6/09 10:53:02PM

Posted by MattHughesRules

There is no way "The Giant" could beat Lesnar. Like everyone Brock fights he would end up on his back and pounded into the mat. Now that he has worked on his submission defense a little more I don't see anyone in the UFC posing a challenge and I think the only HW that could now fights for Strikeforce. I am pretty sure we all know I am not talking about Brett Rogers. ;-)

Vadim thinks Brett Rogers could do it too.........
copcopps
8/7/09 8:19:44PM
Everybody knows Kimbo can beat Brock
anomoly
8/8/09 12:47:54AM

Posted by imanidiot777

no.....just no

exactly
thunderstruck
8/8/09 12:39:51PM
ok guys ...im new ...didnt realize he was a roid fiend and saw a few clips of him knocking out tamato cans and got excited .my bad . other than fedor , who else do you guys think has the best chance of beating brock ?
imanidiot777
8/8/09 12:47:55PM

Posted by thunderstruck

ok guys ...im new ...didnt realize he was a roid fiend and saw a few clips of him knocking out tamato cans and got excited .my bad . other than fedor , who else do you guys think has the best chance of beating brock ?

Carwin has the best chance other than Fedor I think, but I'd still favor Brock. Carwin has the size and one punch KO power, but he seems also easily knocked out so who knows. I still think his size and power presents the most danger.
thunderstruck
8/8/09 1:08:49PM
carwin easily knocked out ?isnt he 12 and 0 ? i guess you meant easily rocked maybe ? i see carwin as having a good chance as well but would still see it as somewhat an upset to see lesnar lose to him . however , id venture to assume carwin has a bit more power to the punch than mir , and mir even rocked lesnar on the very brief second round exchange on the feet at ufc 100 . carwin land s flush as brock shoots i see carwin taking it ...if it comes to wrestling , although carwin is no slouch either in that regarde , i see it being a descision win or late stoppage for brock ...good call though all the same . he certainly would be in around lesnars size , which would be refreshing to see for a change . instead of brock having 40 lbs on fight night against every one he faces . cause there hws they look at it as its fair , but can you imagine a silva beating down guys like kenflo and being recognized as the best in class ? it is somewhat insane and very unfair .
gartface
8/8/09 1:17:38PM

Posted by thunderstruck

carwin easily knocked out ?isnt he 12 and 0 ? i guess you meant easily rocked maybe ? i see carwin as having a good chance as well but would still see it as somewhat an upset to see lesnar lose to him . however , id venture to assume carwin has a bit more power to the punch than mir , and mir even rocked lesnar on the very brief second round exchange on the feet at ufc 100 . carwin land s flush as brock shoots i see carwin taking it ...if it comes to wrestling , although carwin is no slouch either in that regarde , i see it being a descision win or late stoppage for brock ...good call though all the same . he certainly would be in around lesnars size , which would be refreshing to see for a change . instead of brock having 40 lbs on fight night against every one he faces . cause there hws they look at it as its fair , but can you imagine a silva beating down guys like kenflo and being recognized as the best in class ? it is somewhat insane and very unfair .

Grammar aside, has Carwin faced someone with the punching power of Brock? Don't think so, and if Brock was to land clean shots like Gonzaga and Wain did to Carwin, I see him on his back with his toes curled. His head movement is way too stiff and that is going to be his ultimate downfall. Not saying Brock has the best head movement, but he knows how to pick and choose his battles on the feet and doesn't over-commit to exchanges. When he's in trouble he has unstoppable takedowns that even Carwin and his "equal" wrestling can't stop. The guy couldn't stop a takedown from Gabriel Gonzaga. Granted he got up in about 30 seconds, he wasn't being held down by someone Brock's size or strength.

As for the weight class argument, are you suggesting that there be a separate weight class for every 15-20 pounds over 205? That becomes rather tedious and would make for even less talent in the heavyweight division(s). By the way Kenny Florian used to be a middleweight...
Rush
8/8/09 1:22:24PM
I thought this thread was about bigfoot Silva initially and thought it was a joke. So I looked up another Antonio Silva and now know of whom you speak.

I did find this and though it was funny

The caption was:
Seriously. The man showers after every workout, and always uses fresh needles. Image courtesy of CombatLifestyle
thunderstruck
8/8/09 1:33:37PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by thunderstruck

Grammar aside, has Carwin faced someone with the punching power of Brock? Don't think so, and if Brock was to land clean shots like Gonzaga and Wain did to Carwin, I see him on his back with his toes curled. His head movement is way too stiff and that is going to be his ultimate downfall. Not saying Brock has the best head movement, but he knows how to pick and choose his battles on the feet and doesn't over-commit to exchanges. When he's in trouble he has unstoppable takedowns that even Carwin and his "equal" wrestling can't stop. The guy couldn't stop a takedown from Gabriel Gonzaga. Granted he got up in about 30 seconds, he wasn't being held down by someone Brock's size or strength.

As for the weight class argument, are you suggesting that there be a separate weight class for every 15-20 pounds over 205? That becomes rather tedious and would make for even less talent in the heavyweight division(s). By the way Kenny Florian used to be a middleweight...

ok . i didnt see anything grammar wise wrong with my above post , so im not sure what your getting at in that regarde ? agreed carwin hasnt faced what i would consider big time punchers either .granted .but neither has brock . brock has alot of weight to throw into his punches , but all the same , when have you ever seen lesnar clean ko anyone thus far with one shot ko power ? he pins guys down and hits them with about 20 shots and gets ref stoppages , not one punch on the feet lala land type kos ...lesnar is a beast , very strong , and has power , i admit . one shot ko power has yet to be proven and as of right now i feel hes overated in that regarde .

i never said carwin s wrestling was equal to brocks , i said hes no slouche , but if it came down to wrestling being the decided factor , i stated brock wins it ?

and this is addressing your comment on my opinion on the weight class thing . no , i dont think there should be 10-15 lb weight classes at hw . but maybe a 206-to 250 wouldnt be so bad and a super hw class of 251-300 . i know and am aware that there wouldnt be enough talent to support the shw class as of now , however that dosnt make it any more fair to have men like couture giving up 50 plus lbs on fight night to defend his title . kenflo was a 185 er on tuf ...most guys fight one to 2 classes above there ideal classes just to get on the show . kenflo has no business at 185 and is a true 155 er .come on man , dont get lost in the example , you know what my message was .