The man to beat Fedor...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The man to beat Fedor...
« Previous Page
kaduey
5/21/07 9:48:14PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by hcazlekker

Ahem

Given Hunt could cut the weight, I would like to see Fedor vs Hunt 2. I think Hunt would take Fedor on their second go-around

hunt only did as good as he did due to his weight...if he has to cut weight i dont think he could lay on top of fedor as easily as he did the first time.....fedor by armbar at 2:30 of rd 1....

If Hunt hooked up with Barnett or another good HW grappler to improve his ground game he could easily crush Fedor...

So you assume that if Mark Hunt were to train with a ground guy as good as Barnett then he would beat Fedor? Fedor's mma skills are light years ahead of Mark Hunt. Hunt doesn't have enough time to obtain the skills to beat Fedor.
hcazlekker
5/22/07 12:11:13PM

Posted by kaduey

So you assume that if Mark Hunt were to train with a ground guy as good as Barnett then he would beat Fedor? Fedor's mma skills are light years ahead of Mark Hunt. Hunt doesn't have enough time to obtain the skills to beat Fedor.

You all give Mark Hunt no love, haha. He is a K-1 Grand Prix Champion. He's beat Mirko. He whooped Silva. Mike Bernardo lost to Hunt and the list goes on. Mark Hunt has arguably has THE BEST chin in the business. Watch Hunt/Sefo or Hunt/Mirko if you want proof of Hunt's chin.

Onward though, Fedor's takedowns and groundgame are stellar compared to most mma atheletes, but what makes Fedor so dangerous at HW is his well-roundedness, thus giving him the ability to adapt and change his gameplan accordingly.

I still don't think Fedor could stand with Mark Hunt [nor do I think he'd have much of a choice]

mkiv9secsupra
5/22/07 2:05:29PM
Oh yeah i agree that Hunt has one of, if not THE best chin in the game. Fedor wouldn't be able to stand with him for too long at all. I just think Hunts ground game will never be spectacular. Depending on if Hunt could sprawl or not against Fedors takedowns i think Hunt could beat him if given another chance.
Chris_Keppel
7/17/07 5:54:59PM
See, I personally don't care for Gonzaga, I do think he will beat Randy, it's like the little devil in the back of my mine telling me Randy can't win, but I hope to god he does. I'm rooting for Randy all the way in that fight.

Fedor, personally, would absolutely destroy Gonzaga. I think a rematch, in the ring, out of the cage with Gonzaga and Cro Cop, and then the foot is on the other head and Gonzaga is the one KO'ed in the first.

Also, I want to see a Fedor vs Cro Cop rematch. Fedor won the first time, but I thought if Cro Cop came in with more cardio, he could of did better. I'm sure he trains hard as it is, it's really a "what if he came in better shape" statement.

I hope Randy destroys Gonzaga... unless they will bring in Fedor to smash Gonzaga... lol
Chris_Keppel
7/17/07 5:56:45PM
...and I absolutely root for Mark Hunt every time I see that big guy fight.

A big guy who's lightning fast and yes, one of the greatest chins in MMA history.

Hard to say who would win a rematch between him and Fedor, odds are on Fedor though... it's as if he has a gaurdian angel watching over him because even when he gets KO'ed he manages to recover and win the fight.
LR
7/18/07 11:05:44AM
I think Fedor would beat Hunt faster the second time around. Fedor tried to stand with him in the first fight and got caught, but recovered. I think Fedor would just take it to the ground from the get go.
Pages: 1 2 [3]