The man to beat Fedor...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The man to beat Fedor...
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Trapt1nw0nder
5/3/07 1:34:22PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by cowcatcher

jumping on gonzaga after one big win is kind of foolish IMO. im not saying hes not good, but i didnt see all these people posting about how great he was and how he could beat fedor before the CC fight. is joe lauzon ready now to win the LW title because he beat the former champ? gonzaga looked great in the CC fight from bell to bell, but can he get as focused and feed off of the underdog title as much again when he fights randy or even if he were to fight fedor? i still think CC, randy, or even barnett could beat fedor, not saying they would but they could. nastula is no where near ready yet for fedor, hes potentially a great fighter but so was randleman. once i see nastula make a full time commitment to MMA on a large scale, and BEAT, not fight, multiple quality opponents then we can talk about him.

um..I disagree..

Gonzaga beating CC was NO FLUKE! he dominated him for the whole 5 mins and the finish was just the icing on the cake(hot sause on the burrito for me..cuz i dont like cake..) ......Joe Lauzon KO'd Pulver with 1 punch at the begining of the fight.

I think its silly giving gonzaga this much credit after one fight. Cro-cop in all honesty looked like crap in that fight. The man gets cocky and doesnt think he has to train, loses than comes back at top level. If they had a rematch ill bet the bank on cro cop

If you think me giving Gonzaga credit for his win...i think its much more silly when someone discredits someones win with excuses like yours...CroCop didnt look like crap just because he looked like crap....Gonzaga made him look that way....."cocky"..."under trained".......everyone is the same way!!

Diaz beats Gomi......all those Gomi fanatics come crawling out of their holes with excuses..just like yours too...."if they have a rematch..i bet the whole bank on Gomi"

and if Fedor ever loses the same shit is gonna happen witht he Fedor fanatics
Sheddy
5/3/07 1:35:35PM
Fedor v Nastula sounds like a classic in the making.
Nasty's very powerful.
The way he threw Barnett about, drugs or not.

Nastula wanted/requested to fight the best, that's what he's done.
He would do well in the UFC.

Nasty v Couture would also be a good one.
warglory
5/3/07 1:51:22PM
I just saw thet nastula vs. big Nog match for the first time and he gave Nog alot of trouble until he started gassing and Nog got the mount. With a better gastank, Nastula could be a HUGE threat, however, I think with Fedor's experienced and his striking ability, I am pretty sure that Nastula would not be able to overcome Fedor.
Pookie
5/3/07 2:53:59PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by cowcatcher

jumping on gonzaga after one big win is kind of foolish IMO. im not saying hes not good, but i didnt see all these people posting about how great he was and how he could beat fedor before the CC fight. is joe lauzon ready now to win the LW title because he beat the former champ? gonzaga looked great in the CC fight from bell to bell, but can he get as focused and feed off of the underdog title as much again when he fights randy or even if he were to fight fedor? i still think CC, randy, or even barnett could beat fedor, not saying they would but they could. nastula is no where near ready yet for fedor, hes potentially a great fighter but so was randleman. once i see nastula make a full time commitment to MMA on a large scale, and BEAT, not fight, multiple quality opponents then we can talk about him.

um..I disagree..

Gonzaga beating CC was NO FLUKE! he dominated him for the whole 5 mins and the finish was just the icing on the cake(hot sause on the burrito for me..cuz i dont like cake..) ......Joe Lauzon KO'd Pulver with 1 punch at the begining of the fight.

I think its silly giving gonzaga this much credit after one fight. Cro-cop in all honesty looked like crap in that fight. The man gets cocky and doesnt think he has to train, loses than comes back at top level. If they had a rematch ill bet the bank on cro cop

If you think me giving Gonzaga credit for his win...i think its much more silly when someone discredits someones win with excuses like yours...CroCop didnt look like crap just because he looked like crap....Gonzaga made him look that way....."cocky"..."under trained".......everyone is the same way!!

Diaz beats Gomi......all those Gomi fanatics come crawling out of their holes with excuses..just like yours too...."if they have a rematch..i bet the whole bank on Gomi"

and if Fedor ever loses the same shit is gonna happen witht he Fedor fanatics

lol im not even a cro-cop fan. He didnt look like himself in that fight at all.
cowcatcher
5/3/07 3:12:24PM
i didnt imply that GGs win was a fluke, just that 1 big win doesnt make a fighter the next coming. now if he strings together a few then i can see pouring the adulation over him, but its only 1 big win(for now) so im not 100% convinced, but like i said he looked good.
Kastro
5/3/07 4:48:25PM
I think Nastula has a better chance then most would give him, however I do not see him getting past Fedor.

I think Gonzaga has a good chance, I think CC has a fair chance in a rematch as well, and with the steady flow of new fighters always climbing up there will be many people who can beat Fedor in the future..

He will definitely lose son, I can almost feel it.. lol, hes #1 for a reason though, Fedor will always have my respect!
mkiv9secsupra
5/3/07 6:01:11PM
im almost hoping he loses soon so that way i can see him fight and probly kill a couple of the lower competition on his way to another title shot....to me that just sounds more interesting than murder, murder, murder, broken arm, murder, murder, murder, shatter ankle.........
richieb19
5/4/07 5:42:02PM

Posted by warglory

I just saw thet nastula vs. big Nog match for the first time and he gave Nog alot of trouble until he started gassing and Nog got the mount. With a better gastank, Nastula could be a HUGE threat, however, I think with Fedor's experienced and his striking ability, I am pretty sure that Nastula would not be able to overcome Fedor.

Exactly, and I do understand the advantage is in Fedor's court if Nasty can't get the clinch, but with that aside I still see it as a strong oppurtunitie...

He was handling Nog on the ground for a while till he gassed...
kerazzle
5/4/07 6:27:04PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by warglory

Exactly, and I do understand the advantage is in Fedor's court if Nasty can't get the clinch, but with that aside I still see it as a strong oppurtunitie...

Yea, the main factor in this fight would be gastank and speed.
richieb19
5/4/07 6:40:31PM

Posted by kerazzle

Posted by richieb19

Posted by warglory

Very true, and on top of that hes already in his late 30's I believe, so things have to happen soon...
Ultimate_fighter
5/7/07 8:00:33PM
I honestly think that.... he won't lose till he is done his career.... The only way he will lose is if he joins UFC. UFC is so talented!
the-james
5/7/07 10:45:46PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

I honestly think that.... he won't lose till he is done his career.... The only way he will lose is if he joins UFC. UFC is so talented!

Wow i hope your not on the ufcs nuts that much
kaduey
5/16/07 11:38:34PM
Fedor would submit Nastula within 3 minutes of the first round. I agree with you on Nastula's potential, he looked great against Barnett, but he's no threat to Fedor. I think Barnett is his greatest threat style wise.
kaduey
5/16/07 11:40:17PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by kerazzle

Posted by richieb19

Posted by warglory

Very true, and on top of that hes already in his late 30's I believe, so things have to happen soon...

Fedor is not in his late 30's.
raindrops21
5/16/07 11:42:11PM

Posted by kaduey

Fedor would submit Nastula within 3 minutes of the first round. I agree with you on Nastula's potential, he looked great against Barnett, but he's no threat to Fedor. I think Barnett is his greatest threat style wise.

I agree with you. Outside of Cro Cop, I think Barnett is the next obvious choice. I really want to see that fight happen. Josh has decent stand-up and a great ground game. It would be interesting to say the least.

I think if Fedor loses, it's probably going to be by an unexpected KO, similar to GG and Cro Cop.

Would love to see Fedor/Barnett, Fedor/Cro Cop II....
loller90278
5/17/07 1:47:17AM
i think dan hendo has the biggest shot to win fedor, if he moves up in weight, like lindland did.

on the feet, hendos a monsterr
his chin is raelly really good
and he can out wrestle being submitted.

Northrend
5/17/07 2:23:41AM

Posted by loller90278

i think dan hendo has the biggest shot to win fedor, if he moves up in weight, like lindland did.

Well little Nog submitted him and Fedor's takedowns IMO are better then little Nogs. Hendo has a good chin for sure but has he ever been hit by someone nearly as hardhitting as Fedor? If Hendo gets on his back its over though, he won't be able to stop the GnP.
mkiv9secsupra
5/17/07 9:48:03AM

Posted by loller90278

on the feet hendo is powerful but very sloppy, crocop hits harder and that didnt do too much.
his chin is good but when will that ever matter with fedor,hes just gonna submit you.
fedors sambo will destroy dans wrestling.
dan wouild be WAY too slow with this weight.

fedor wins by rd1 sub.
Lets_Do_This
5/18/07 2:02:45AM
N-no.

What's everybody talking about???

Fedor won't be beat by Gonzaga or Natsula.

Jesus, it's like nobody on these forums is actually an MMA fan.
richieb19
5/18/07 2:15:32AM

Posted by Lets_Do_This

N-no.

What's everybody talking about???

Fedor won't be beat by Gonzaga or Natsula.

Jesus, it's like nobody on these forums is actually an MMA fan.

Are you kidding me? Do you have to think Fedor is unbeatable to be a "MMA fan"?
mkiv9secsupra
5/18/07 11:14:00AM
chuck norris could round house kick him in the face...haha no not really

but in all seriousness the person to beat Fedor Emelianenko will be ...........Jesus......... he's already moving at godspeed...........
hcazlekker
5/18/07 11:43:46AM
Ahem

Given Hunt could cut the weight, I would like to see Fedor vs Hunt 2. I think Hunt would take Fedor on their second go-around
kaduey
5/18/07 1:56:19PM

Posted by hcazlekker

Ahem

Given Hunt could cut the weight, I would like to see Fedor vs Hunt 2. I think Hunt would take Fedor on their second go-around

You outta your god damn mind if you think Mark Hunt could beat Fedor a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5h, .... time around. Mark Hunt doesn;t hjave what it takes to beat Fedor. And for the earlier comment about Henderson moving up to beat Fedor, man he couldn't even beat Misaki in the Pride welterweight tourney, and you think he can take Fedor.
Frenzy
5/18/07 6:25:22PM
Heya.

I think Semmy Schilt has a good chance, he improved a lot after their last encounter! His stand-up, at least..
loller90278
5/18/07 7:31:50PM

Posted by Frenzy

Heya.

I think Semmy Schilt has a good chance, he improved a lot after their last encounter! His stand-up, at least..

lol, i have more of a ground game than semmy schilt.

if kharitonov took him to school (nasty ass beating), i think fedor can do the same.

kerazzle
5/18/07 10:23:07PM
I would've liked to see a healthy kharitonov (like against Pedro) Against Fedor. He is well rounded and has very good hands, great timing and footwork with in and out movements and wicked bodyshots.
Damien6663
5/18/07 10:48:17PM
A ko puncher with good takedown defense will be the fighter to beat fedor.
mkiv9secsupra
5/18/07 11:36:05PM

Posted by hcazlekker

Ahem

hunt only did as good as he did due to his weight...if he has to cut weight i dont think he could lay on top of fedor as easily as he did the first time.....fedor by armbar at 2:30 of rd 1....
richieb19
5/19/07 2:21:32AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by hcazlekker

Ahem

hunt only did as good as he did due to his weight...if he has to cut weight i dont think he could lay on top of fedor as easily as he did the first time.....fedor by armbar at 2:30 of rd 1....

If Hunt hooked up with Barnett or another good HW grappler to improve his ground game he could easily crush Fedor...
hcazlekker
5/21/07 9:28:07PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by hcazlekker

Ahem

You outta your god damn mind if you think Mark Hunt could beat Fedor a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5h, .... time around. Mark Hunt doesn;t hjave what it takes to beat Fedor. And for the earlier comment about Henderson moving up to beat Fedor, man he couldn't even beat Misaki in the Pride welterweight tourney, and you think he can take Fedor.

Haha, I didn't mean to raise any hairs, it was just my opinion.

Its also my opinion Mark Hunt's standup is vastly superior to Fedor's standup. Even if Mark did cut the weight, he wouldn't lose much muscle mass [if any at all] He's all ass and gut..

So, in conclusion, a leaner Mark Hunt may not have the momentum to throw around, but he would be just as powerful, quicker with his striking and footwork [which is already lightning quick for a man of his size], and have a much improved gas tank

Though I have much love for Fedor, if this match actually happened again, I would predict Mark Hunt by KO rnd 2.
Pages: 1 [2] 3