RE: Not making picks

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » RE: Not making picks
pmoney
7/10/11 3:21:49PM
Ever since I started on this website, I have seen people posting on the forums who have never made a pick. People who have had accounts for years. isk, Adrenaline, I am looking at you!

While the forums here are great, I don't understand why anyone would sign up and not play the game! In my opinion, that is truly what makes this site superior to all others.

Any insight?
Chael_Sonnen
7/10/11 3:22:22PM
Laziness
pmoney
7/10/11 3:32:30PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Laziness

haha, that's a sound theory. And a laziness that would put mine to shame...
Kpro
7/10/11 9:36:50PM
Maybe they are in Gamblers Anonymous and making fantasy picks/wagers is a trigger.
Twenty20Dollars
7/10/11 10:07:48PM
I'm sure I would enjoy the fights more if I didn't make picks on them.
scoozna
7/10/11 10:23:16PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

There's a lot of truth to this. But the flip side is that there's a lot of fights and fighters you probably would care less about if you hadn't been making picks.

pmoney
7/10/11 10:40:33PM

Posted by scoozna

There's a lot of truth to this. But the flip side is that there's a lot of fights and fighters you probably would care less about if you hadn't been making picks.

I agree with you both. I do lose some satisfaction in watching a card if I pick poorly, or I am forced to pick against one of my favorite fighters. If I do really well on the Playground though, I might enjoy a card even more. I'd never been so stoked for UD's until I joined this site!

Kpro - You are hilarious, and have a very valid theory.
KNIGHT
7/20/11 4:00:14AM
well im guilty of making picks and never posting here but im gonna try to turn that around.
pmoney
8/4/11 12:36:21AM

Posted by KNIGHT

well im guilty of making picks and never posting here but im gonna try to turn that around.

Well played sir!

See, that's kind of the reverse problem though, which I find understandable. Maybe you just want to make your picks and not post a lot and give your opinion on the fights or something. Makes sense. Hell, I know I had never even posted on any kind of forum until I joined this site.

I still don't understand making an account just to post here.... PLAY THE GAME! It's fun as hell, I swear. Adrenaline, isk, I am looking in your directions

prophecy033
8/6/11 12:30:31AM
I've been noticing that too. It's understandable if they just started up last month but if you've been on here for 6-12 months without making a pick, your wasting your camps time (if their in one) and probably pissing them off while your doing it
Word to the wise, make your picks
prophecy033
8/6/11 12:32:36AM

I hear that, I don't know how many cards I've watched where I was pissed off because my picks when to hell
DoTheMMAth
8/14/11 4:35:36PM
Losing 1 fight on your parlay will really suck the wind out of your sails on a Saturday night :(
zephead
8/15/11 6:42:34PM
Guilty as charged. I just haven't found a fight yet worth picking