UFC makes official Jan. 19 card in Brazil with Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping headliner

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC makes official Jan. 19 card in Brazil with Vitor Belfort vs. Michael Bisping headliner
« Previous Page
moob
11/4/12 1:36:04PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by moob

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by jae_1833

Like most I agree that Boestch vs Wedman winner gets next title shot, would it be ridiculous to say that during the wait I would want to see Bisping fight one more time if he wins against Vitor.....someone like Franklin?

Not at all. That makes sense to me.

How about, only if he gets past Overeem, Dos Santos, and the entire Flyweight ensemble, whilst standing on his head eating bran flakes?

So it's so unbelievable that he would need a three fight win streak to get a title shot that you felt the need to say this?

Nope. Its not for me or you to decide the rationale behind who gets a shot.

I'm merely trying to illustrate how this thread developed in terms of Bisping's legitimacy to get a shot, and the resultant revisionism displayed thereafter.

Its endemic on here, and every thread on here containing his name bears the usual suspects repeating the same shit they've pandered on about for years.
BigBadAl
11/4/12 6:55:01PM
And the merry-go-round begins again....

What the PG say now - 'Bispings getting KTFO' (just like the Leben, Rivera and Stann fights)

What probably happens - Bisping wins by UD

What the PG say after - Belfort is overrated (just like Stann is now apparently)
Cooler
11/4/12 7:08:48PM

Posted by moob

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by jae_1833

Like most I agree that Boestch vs Wedman winner gets next title shot, would it be ridiculous to say that during the wait I would want to see Bisping fight one more time if he wins against Vitor.....someone like Franklin?

Not at all. That makes sense to me.

How about, only if he gets past Overeem, Dos Santos, and the entire Flyweight ensemble, whilst standing on his head eating bran flakes?

Are you going to cry nationalism about how "Americans hate Bisping for no matter what"? Why would it be so horrible if Mikey actually earned a title shot by beating top contenders...and if he loses to one of them then he was never ready for Anderson anyway. You and Bisping should be all for it but you aren't because you both know he's not the #1 contender or ready for Anderson. And you should be all for seeing if running the gauntlet like he hasn't for years will show us if he is really ready for Anderson. People have doubt about it, and with good reason, he needs to beat top guys end of story, no nationalism.
Cooler
11/4/12 7:10:32PM

Posted by BigBadAl

What the PG say now - 'Bispings getting KTFO' (just like the Leben, Rivera and Stann fights)

What the PG say after - Belfort is overrated (just like Stann is now apparently)

I don't think anyone thought Rivera was going to win except delusional haters.

And a lot of people thought he was going to dance away from Leben and did.

So that's a straw man of epic proportions.

How did that UFC 100 pick go btw?
jae_1833
11/4/12 9:16:19PM
I am never going to say Leben, Stann or Vitor are overrated, just stating that since he did lose to Sonnen during the wait I would want to see Bisping fight one more time. Another top notch guy is all. We all know how he does against sluggers and I for one will be picking Bisping to beat Vitor by decision, and that is only because he doesn't seem to have that one hitter quitter punch in his tool box. Stann, Vitor and say a guy like Franklin would make me think his title shot is totally deserving. No matter how we feel about it he DID lose to Sonnen only two fights ago.
Cooler
11/4/12 10:35:52PM

Posted by pmoney

Let me be the first to say RIP Bisping.

If the count makes it past the phenom, he will actually have a case for a title shot. This is probably the toughest test of his career though, and Vitor is a mad man. I think Vitor puts it on Bisping.

I'm always having to spread the love cus I gots to prop your posts
Wolfenstein
11/5/12 12:31:38AM
I'd probably give the shot to Bisping over Weidman should he somehow get past Vitor. Weidman has beaten one top 10 guy who was clearly out of shape, and Maia was more like a top 15 guy at the time.

Bisping is just the bigger name, and a much bigger PPV cash-cow. I think as a fan, Weidman would probably be the tougher challenge and I'd be very excited to see it. For whatever reason though, he still just seems like a nobody in the MW division--maybe it's just a lack of charisma.
BigBadAl
11/5/12 5:02:37AM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

There must be a lot of delusional haters on the PG then

In regards to UFC 100. Bisping got KTFO by Hendo. He's certainly not the 1st and won't be the last. This is another thing about the PG, ever since that KO Bisping has an apparent glass jaw. His record begs to differ however. Also he took a pretty good shot from Stann and stayed awake but that doesn't matter on the PG. He still has a glass jaw. I'm not saying that Bisping deserves the first shot at Andy any more than Weidman, but I also can't say that Weidman 100% deserves it first. I think the two of them should be fighting to decide that and Boetsch (who I have 3rd in line) should be facing Belfort.
Cooler
11/5/12 7:13:02AM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

In regards to UFC 100. Bisping got KTFO by Hendo. He's certainly not the 1st and won't be the last. This is another thing about the PG, ever since that KO Bisping has an apparent glass jaw. His record begs to differ however. Also he took a pretty good shot from Stann and stayed awake but that doesn't matter on the PG. He still has a glass jaw. I'm not saying that Bisping deserves the first shot at Andy any more than Weidman, but I also can't say that Weidman 100% deserves it first. I think the two of them should be fighting to decide that and Boetsch (who I have 3rd in line) should be facing Belfort.

24% of the PG is not a lot lol and Bisping was as high as -290 in real life betting.

More like can't take too much from big strikers, aka not the greatest chin and whenever tested it usually doesn't go well for him as he was once dropped by fucking Elvis Sinosic.

I would find common ground with you though and say if Bisping beat Belfort I wouldn't care if he got the shot if it was more convenient for the UFC say if Weidman was out for awhile or whatever.
BigBadAl
11/5/12 4:49:33PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by Cooler

Posted by BigBadAl

24% of the PG is not a lot lol and Bisping was as high as -290 in real life betting.

More like can't take too much from big strikers, aka not the greatest chin and whenever tested it usually doesn't go well for him as he was once dropped by fucking Elvis Sinosic.

I would find common ground with you though and say if Bisping beat Belfort I wouldn't care if he got the shot if it was more convenient for the UFC say if Weidman was out for awhile or whatever.

24% is a lot considering who they were backing to beat him. Whenever his chin is tested it doesn't go we'll for him? I can only think of one time it actually changed the outcome if the fight and that's against Hendo. So what if he was dropped by Elvis? Anyone in the UFC can floor anyone on their respective weight class if they connect right, you surely agree with that? A. Silva was floored by Somnen was he not? Does that mean Andy has a suspect chin? Someone needs to have more than one KO loss on their record against a HUGE power puncher like Hendo to be considered as not having the greatest chin IMO. Particularly when they have also fought Leben, Stann, Sexyama and Rashad Evans without getting dropped by a punch or kick.
Pages: 1 [2]