What makes a fighter?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What makes a fighter?
NinjaCyborg
5/8/08 6:01:51PM
I want to know what qualities you guys think makes a great fighter?
Pookie
5/8/08 6:02:27PM
Heart.
Ben_Hutch
5/8/08 6:20:14PM
Ability to learn easily.
aaa9erh8er
5/8/08 6:27:57PM
hear was already said so ill go with humility. and work ethic
seanfu
5/8/08 6:30:02PM
natural qualities help, Chuck and Randys chins never hurt em. I agree with the other three though.

I think an intelligent and controlled fighter beats a more natural or technically superior fighter though.

Smith vs Coleman
Frank Shamrock vs Ortiz
those fights are prime examples.

So, great gameplans.
SmileR
5/8/08 7:10:13PM
A great coach, fighters can be made. Coaching is something that can develop a tough guy into a true fighter.

Forrest is a great example of this, just a tough guy to start with with the heart of a lion once he started training with Randy he became a legit contender.

cowcatcher
5/8/08 7:12:33PM
cauliflower ear
Mchubb316
5/8/08 7:32:33PM
Work ethic. Passion for the sport. The ability to always wanting to improve. Never being satisfied. God given talent.
JBatch
5/8/08 8:18:13PM
Strong Chin, good sub defense and a diverse offensive attack. Heart, Desire, Respect, Discipline and the urge to be the best at everything you do.
MFOTHER
5/9/08 9:50:50AM

Posted by SmileR

A great coach, fighters can be made. Coaching is something that can develop a tough guy into a true fighter.

Forrest is a great example of this, just a tough guy to start with with the heart of a lion once he started training with Randy he became a legit contender.

good call i agree with all the others but a coach/camp is very important

ray longo is another great example, he can mold great ground fighters, to great all around fighters example (sotiropolis , cumo, serra etc.)
jocka
5/9/08 10:19:02AM
Tough guy mentallity, heart and fast learner. With great coaches you can achieve anything for training and game planning.
JWils
5/9/08 11:01:57AM
Heart is first, without that a fighter won't last.

After heart, I would say athletic ability to pick up new techniques quickly.
NinjaCyborg
5/9/08 1:01:49PM
Yeah I completely agree with all of these qualities, especially heart.
A fighter has to have a strong desire to keep pushing forward, to never give up, and to never settle for his previous best. Always improving.

In your opinions, which UFC fighter exhibits the most heart during a fight?
NinjaCyborg
5/9/08 1:02:36PM

Posted by cowcatcher

cauliflower ear

Ben_Hutch
5/9/08 1:05:47PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

Yeah I completely agree with all of these qualities, especially heart.
A fighter has to have a strong desire to keep pushing forward, to never give up, and to never settle for his previous best. Always improving.

In your opinions, which UFC fighter exhibits the most heart during a fight?

It's very hard to say, maybe GSP? Matt Hamill? Thiago Alves? Couture? Forrest Griffin?
SpiderSilva
5/9/08 1:58:05PM
The UFC
skatenate
5/9/08 8:04:00PM
Self Control.