UFC 85 main event = upset

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 85 main event = upset
Next Page »
the_01
5/2/08 6:44:26PM
In my openion, they could have arranged a better mainevent than HUGES - ALVES. To be honest, UFC 85 is going to be the worst UFC event of the year ... Has the UFC gone this broke ??
Copenhagen
5/2/08 6:51:09PM
I disagree. I think all the under card fights make up for it. Which basically is what this card is, a bunch of great under card fights. They can't have a title shot every card.
grappler0000
5/2/08 7:15:17PM

Posted by the_01

In my openion, they could have arranged a better mainevent than HUGES - ALVES. To be honest, UFC 85 is going to be the worst UFC event of the year ... Has the UFC gone this broke ??

What did you have in mind for a better main event?
Twenty20Dollars
5/2/08 7:35:56PM
you've got to be kidding me? ufc 85 is a very very solid fight card.
and you spelled opinion wrong also, but you have the greatest WW of all time matt hughes vs one of the best strikers in the WW division. two high profile guys. but what the f*ck do I know.
tuvok500
5/2/08 7:50:39PM
This main event is very good, i want to see if Hughes is still able to be dominant and i want Alves to face a real top guy, in that way, if Alves win he will be legit to face GSP after the destruction of the poor Fitch !! I hope it will be in Montreal again !!

xposipx
5/2/08 9:14:59PM
I honestly prefer cards without the big name guys on them -- mostly because I'm not a big fan of a lot of the UFC poster boys.

Luiz Cane - Jason Lambet - should be fun to watch.

Liaudin - Taylor - Lots of striking and sure to see a KO.

Wiman - Taveras - Should be a tactical fight.

Vera - Werdum - Top contender fight. Vera will not have another boring fight.

Swick - Davis - See who should be a top contender. Neither will be boring.

Bisping - Leben - Sloppy striking surely we'll have a KO.

That's leaving out 2 televised fights that are hopefully still good too.
Kracker_Jap
5/2/08 9:25:31PM

Posted by the_01

Your CRAZY hater

This is one of the best Rebounds eva!!! After losing their main event, the UFC is showing us how deep their talent pool is.... Far from broke

I guess you just have to be a real fan to appreciate it
Twenty20Dollars
5/2/08 11:08:15PM
exactly! /\ agreed
juanez13
5/2/08 11:30:53PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by the_01

Your CRAZY hater

This is one of the best Rebounds eva!!! After losing their main event, the UFC is showing us how deep their talent pool is.... Far from broke

I guess you just have to be a real fan to appreciate it

.......Couldnt have said it better myself ....Gotta spread the love though
kevietre
5/2/08 11:36:37PM

Posted by the_01

Heres MY Reply

RESPONSE TO YOU
bullettdodger
5/3/08 12:01:14AM

Posted by kevietre

Posted by the_01

Heres MY Reply

RESPONSE TO YOU

NatedawgThaM
5/3/08 12:14:40AM
This card is absolutely AWESOME! It will be just as awesome as the last UK PPV with Penn and Stevenson. I don't see any boring fights on the main card.

Just because BJ, Chuck, GSP, or Rampage isn't on the card does not mean it sucks. Solid fighters in every fight!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/3/08 12:19:28AM
UFC 85 = happy
ChokeUout
5/3/08 12:22:05AM

Posted by the_01

Actually, like every other person who responded to you, I strongly disagree with you. THe only thing this match doesn't have that the rest of the UFC PPV's had is the high profile title match. Sure, we don't get to see Liddell knock out evans anymore, But I think Hughes/Alves will actually be a more competitive fight than The original event, and should end in an exciting finish one way or another. Leben/Bisping is gonna be an all out war (which I never would have said prior to seeing Bisping at 83), THe Vera/Ferdum fight could have pretty iminent TItle implications which should bring out the best in both fighters, Swick and Davis SHOULD be a high paced exciting fight that ends abruptly. I mean Damn, Fights like Marquart/Leites, Cain/Lambert, and Wiman/Tavaras have been delagated to undercard status. In fact, the only fight I'm not looking forward to is the Irvin/Evans fight, because losing Liddell lost the appeal of that fight considering I predict this to be a 3 round snoozefest that goes in Evans's favor. But Considering how the UFC added Hughes/Alves and Bisping/Evans when Liddell went down, I actually like this card more than the Original 85 card.

So yeah, I don't know where your coming up with your theory either, but hey, do your thang
JBatch
5/3/08 12:35:57AM

Posted by the_01

You got to be kidding man. I agree with everyone else that has posted. You must either be high on something or just a hater. This is going to be an awesome card. Usually I would be pissed that there is no title fight but you have 2 #1 contender fights IMO in Hughes vs. Alves (4 shot after Fitch) and Werdum vs. Vera. Also you have two slugfests in the Leben and Davis fights.

Good job by the UFC. And what do you mean thier going broke, yea they are releasing fighters but only because many are inactive for too long. The UFC is doing just fine financially.
Pitbull09
5/3/08 12:38:07AM
Most ppl might not agree with me but I like this fight more than Evans/Liddell.

Its an up and comer (Alves) vs the greatest WW in UFC history (Hughes)

Alves is known for stand up, Hughes is a great wrestler.

Alves prob gets a title shot if he wins this one, Hughes proves he's still not to old to be the best.

I dont see how people cant like this fight. I may have liked Hughes/Serra more but Alves is great to watch
NatedawgThaM
5/3/08 12:50:20AM

Posted by Pitbull09

Most ppl might not agree with me but I like this fight more than Evans/Liddell.

This will be a much more exciting fight. Rashad would have just shot and Liddell would have just sprawled all day and Rashad's quick boxing would avoid Liddell's sloppy power arm punches and Rashad has a pretty good jab so he could keep Liddell at bay from pressing even though he wouldn't since Liddell only presses against other strikers. I would be surprised if anybody got hurt bad in that fight.
stock
5/3/08 1:01:40AM
I agree with most. This should be an outstanding card.

This also means that we may see a Chuck/Shogun fight sooner than originally expected!!
SpiderSilva
5/3/08 1:35:58AM
I also thought this was a great addition to the show we may have a real slubernocker of a show a lot of fights have huge potential
Ben_Hutch
5/3/08 6:43:45AM

Posted by the_01

The UFC contacted every top fighter asking them if they wanted to fight at UFC 85, they asked GSP, Anderson Silva, Franklin, Hendo and many more. They all said no apart from Hendo, Hendo was supposed to be fighting Franklin in the UFC 85 main event but Franklin turned it down.

The UFC tried to get the best main event possible, but the fighters said no.

It's not the UFCs fault, and to be fair to the fighters it's not their fault either as they want a long time to prepare for a big main event fight, especially if they're defending a title.

Props to all the fighters who took fights at such short notice, Bisping, James Irvin, Chris Leben, Kelly, Goulet and the rest.
prozacnation1978
5/3/08 10:34:44AM
i think the ufc did a great job at short notice, i really thought the irvin vs evans fight would be the main liner, in fact i think this is the best pay per view by far so stacked that marquadt match isn't even on the main card i would rather buy this than ufc 84
but i will buy both
JoeySteel
5/3/08 2:36:55PM
"you have to be a real fan to appreciate it."

ehh. I DO like the undercard. Despite Swick's last fight, I like him and Davis is soild in every fight. Hopefully Swick can pick it up.

I ALWAYS like to watch Leben. And I like to watch/ cheer Bisping losing.

Vera vs. Werdum SHOULD be the main fight. This fight is gonna be AWESOME.

Irvings vs. Evans is a dream fight for me. I could not be happier about this one.

Nate the Great should be fighting a bear.

Hardonk should be fighing Sly Stalone.

and I am intrested in Cane vs .Lambert but I think it will not be very fun to watch.

Oh and Jorge vs. Kampman should be good. I am intrested to see if ANYONE can knock Kampman out, I guess Joe Silva is intrested too.

Anyway. I think I am a pretty serious fan. BUT that said this card looks weak in the shadow of BJ penn and The Roid Shark PPV. PLUS I DO think this Main event kinda sucks.

CantAndleDaRiddum
5/3/08 2:43:45PM
mk1630
5/3/08 6:18:35PM
The worst part about this card.......i can't see every fight
89vision
5/3/08 10:32:20PM
thiago is one of the up and comers in mma and hughes is the past and just not that well rounded, karo is arguably a better wrestler / grappler than hughes and thiago was move for move with judo defense / takedown defense, mark my words thiago will win this fight

thiago vs gsp ...will be an awesome fight
oleg
5/4/08 1:36:29AM

karo is arguably a better wrestler / grappler than hughes
]

I don't see how anyone could possibly argue that. What has 'Decision' Parisyan ever accomplished, in MMA or grappling?
tylerlee123
5/4/08 4:09:32PM
I hope Hughes Wins, Interested to see Cane, and holy crap cant wait to see Bisping-Leben SICK !
mrkennedy
5/4/08 4:24:07PM

Posted by the_01

are you crazy that will be a nice card
Ben_Hutch
5/4/08 7:01:08PM
" And I like to watch/ cheer Bisping losing. "

You're a loser, normally i want fighters to win, not fighters to lose. If you watch a fight hoping for someone to lose then you're pretty immature. I suggest you get out more and stop hating on anyone who isn't american. As i can garuntee if Bisping was a yank you'd be licking his balls.
EON
5/4/08 8:50:13PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

" And I like to watch/ cheer Bisping losing. "

You're a loser, normally i want fighters to win, not fighters to lose. If you watch a fight hoping for someone to lose then you're pretty immature. I suggest you get out more and stop hating on anyone who isn't american. As i can garuntee if Bisping was a yank you'd be licking his balls.

So what if someone dosnt like a guy you nuthug, a lot of people dont like the guy hes arrogant and thinks he beat Hamill, only severely drunken brits think he beat Hamill. And no you can cheer against someone if you want we live in a free country unlike you and we will not be accused of "immaturity" or whatever stupid reason you can think of. Thats part of sports liking a certain team or hating a certain team except the same goes for fighters and if they hate on them because there from a certain place then there nationalist racists, but this is clearly not the case sinec bisbing is not a likable guy.

And your stupidass assessment of "if he was american i can guarentee youd lick his balls" is clearly just a failed attempt to make bisbing look good when clearly many brits dont like the guy, hes severly overrated, lost to the real winner of TUF 3 but got a break because of the venue. Just ask CornishMMA hes a brit does that mean he has to like the guy, no, so stfu you nationalist
Pages: [1] 2