which ufc main event was the best?? worst?? most anticipated??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » which ufc main event was the best?? worst?? most anticipated??
prozacnation1978
12/6/08 2:20:07PM
with the year almost up i was looking back at the main events for the ufc big cards only
NOT THE FIGHT NIGHTS NOR TUF FINALES

jan penn vs stevenson aug st pierre vs fitch

feb slyvia vs big nog sept lidell vs evans

march silva vs hendo oct bisping vs leban

april st pierre vs serra 2 oct silva vs cote

may penn vs sherk nov lesnar vs couture

june hughes vs alves dec big nog vs mir // griffin vs evans

july griffin vs jackson

those were some great fights none of wich ended in 1st round at all
best fight for me was griffin vs jackson
i was glad to see it live, but was very close to close to call

worst fight was the silva vs cote seeing silva dance around for each round not killing cote then to see cote's knee buckle man did it hurt my pockets flying from cali to chicago to see a boring fight card

most anticipated for me was hendo vs silva followed razor close by lesnar vs coututre

so far my record in main events is 9wins 3 losses in big events

with big nog and griffin picked for last two which is not bad

i can't wait to see what the ufc has in store next year so far so good with

hendo vs franklin and gsp vs penn 2
Jackelope
12/6/08 2:29:50PM
Hendo vs. Silva was the most anticipated for me. Even though Hendo lost, I also felt like it lived up to the hype. People got to see that Silva isn't invincible. I still want to see a rematch of that fight.
jiujitsufreak74
12/6/08 4:18:34PM

Posted by Jackelope

Hendo vs. Silva was the most anticipated for me. Even though Hendo lost, I also felt like it lived up to the hype. People got to see that Silva isn't invincible. I still want to see a rematch of that fight.

same here. i still say Hendo is the man for a job, just give him a second chance. i honestly think Dana is waiting for Silva's contract to get to 1 fight left and then put him against Hendo so that he leaves the UFC without the moniker of invincible so that the UFC can still say it has the best fighters in the world.
postman
12/6/08 4:52:52PM
I was pumped for Hendo Silva for sure!
RandyCouture
12/6/08 5:10:42PM
My fav was silva hendo as well I was at the event live and i was on the edge of my seat the whole time. 2nd was Randy Bock cause i like both fighters. My least 2 fav were St pierre serra 2 and Silva Cote
RNC
12/6/08 5:47:52PM
Best: St. Pierre vs Fitch
Worst: Silva vs Cote
Most Anticipated: Lesnar vs Couture

Most Shocking: Liddell vs Evens
Franklinfan47
12/6/08 6:11:03PM
Worst: For me, Silva vs cote- It was an okay fight till the finish, just sucks to see a fight end like that

Most Anticipated: Couture vs Lesnar-people I know who didn't even watch mma were talking about it

Best: St. Pierre vs Serra 2- I'm biased but it was the first event in canada and watching Serra finally get beat a pulp was great

Good thread