ufc 96 main event??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 96 main event??
prozacnation1978
1/12/09 5:08:51PM
looks like ufc is scrambling for a main event
since luis cane was not ready till april hence jardine gone
now lidell is pretty much off the card as well
with a lackluster card with no major stars besides gabe
looks like or there is a shot that lesnar will fight mir for main event is one
with either sherk vs fischer or huerta as the other fight
maybe have big nog face kongo as co main event
Gweedo
1/12/09 5:11:51PM
KONGO vs JUNIOR Dos Santos is what I'll b waitin 4
Wolfenstein
1/12/09 5:14:46PM
I still think Chuck Lidell vs Forrest Griffin makes the most sense and is the best marquee matchup they can make at this point. Now it's just a matter of Joe Silva coming to that conclusion and pulling the trigger.
Gweedo
1/12/09 5:17:40PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I still think Chuck Lidell vs Forrest Griffin makes the most sense and is the best marquee matchup they can make at this point. Now it's just a matter of Joe Silva coming to that conclusion and pulling the trigger.

i was thinking Liddell vs Silva 2 b/c they both lost 3 of their last 4 fights

but Forrest would b awesome also
SpiderSilva
1/12/09 5:31:45PM
they couldn't sell me a Sherk vs Huerta as a co main that would be poo we all know sherk would man handle Huerta unless Huerta pulled a BJ flying knee to the shark ahhh hell all these fighters and they cant put a good main event together
Gipper
1/12/09 5:44:02PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

agree 100%...have faith in ol joe he usually comes through.
postman
1/12/09 5:48:30PM
We all heard about Chuck Shogun I kinda think they are waiting to see what happens with Shogun in the Colmen fight and if he is cleared to go they might make that happen.
Gweedo
1/12/09 5:48:59PM

Posted by Gipper

Posted by Wolfenstein

agree 100%...have faith in ol joe he usually comes through.

exactly

I think the days of Franklin vs Quarry and Hughes vs Riggs as main events are long over!!!!!!!!!

JackHammerXXX
1/12/09 5:52:03PM
With all the hype ALREADY strarting about UFC 100, I don't see why this would not be overlooked. But come, Columbus has had a great, if not oustanding turnout for the past 2 (was it 3?) years when the UFC hosted a PPV in the city. Make it 3(4)in a row!! I wish that they could all be oustanding, maybe I'm just spoiled? Too bad, almost as bad for the Brits who get another 'free' card-Free meaning it wasn't worthy, or valuable enough to have people pay for- in UFC 95.

I will say this, with 93, 94 finalized pretty much, for the past weeks, I think instead of worrying about 100 card, the 99, 98, and even 97 cards, get the ones together that are coming up before them. I understand the Montreal card is a big deal. And 100 needs to be huge. But give us more than just a Gonzaga/Carwin, and I pray that a Sean Sherk fight is not a comain event, here!
Then it really needs to be free as well, cuz 95 will had smoked it by then. if not already!
Gweedo
1/12/09 5:55:20PM
I'd rather c Sherk fight the winner of Daddy vs Nightmare, and the winner of that faces winner of BJ vs Kenflo
RandyCouture
1/12/09 6:06:00PM
I think they are waiting for the next two events to pass so they can figure out some thing. I'm thinking if BJ Penn wins then they will have him defend his LW belt if he can but medical suspensions may stop that. Im going to this event so im hoping they will throw together something good.
Gweedo
1/12/09 6:12:45PM

Posted by RandyCouture

I think they are waiting for the next two events to pass so they can figure out some thing. I'm thinking if BJ Penn wins then they will have him defend his LW belt if he can but medical suspensions may stop that. Im going to this event so im hoping they will throw together something good.

true that, Kenflo vs BJ should be at UFC 100
Bobby-B-Bonkers
1/12/09 9:22:20PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I'm with you all the way on this here. Everyone that has watched the UFC since TUF 1 wants to see this fight happen!!!!!!!!!!!
prozacnation1978
1/12/09 10:02:25PM
a lidell vs shogun or forrest would make sense

so would mir vs lesnar how much do they need to train when they already fought before 7 weeks should be enough time for a 5 min match
RandyCouture
1/13/09 3:18:02PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

a lidell vs shogun or forrest would make sense

so would mir vs lesnar how much do they need to train when they already fought before 7 weeks should be enough time for a 5 min match

Just Read Forrest may be out until the Fall with a hand injury, so that leaves Shogun vs Liddell possibly and the lesnar vs Mir match would make sense but the ufc will prob wait for ufc 100 which makes no sense like you said that match will prob be like 5 mins or less.
higdon10
1/13/09 4:05:23PM
I think it will be Chuck vs. someone. This card is looking pretty soft.
RandyCouture
1/13/09 4:37:39PM
I know man this card is looking weak im kinda pissed cause im going. The last three events in Ohio were pretty stacked especially 82, this is a huge disappointment Hopefully they will get a solid Main Event and i wouldn't mind Carwin vs Gonzagga as a Co-Main but i would rather see something else

This card has some pretty good match up such as Miller vs Maynard Gonzaga vs Carwin Hazlett vs Saunders Drago vs Brown but most of the other are weak. Maybe 82 spoiled me too much who knows
prozacnation1978
1/13/09 5:33:06PM
given the fact i shelled out almost a grand to go thinking it will be a hell of a card i don't want another chicago let down man come on get a main event already and get a decent co main event hell carwin has not even fought on a mian card yet and just two fights ago gonzaga was on a prelim

get shogun vs lidell
lesnar vs mir or evans vs rampage