ufc 91 main event??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 91 main event??
prozacnation1978
7/22/08 6:19:28PM
say silva does face cote at ufc89

i can not come up with any main events for 90 or 91

with hughes out it rules out serra match

and with rampage out it rules out wandy match

so what would main event be

i say either have penn fight winner or huerta/florian in nov or even put on
penn vs gsp 2 as main event
for the other event

i have no clue

maybe a sherk bout vs griffin or stevenson
franklin vs hendo in nov but i doubt it
i will be curious to see what the ufc comes up with
Twenty20Dollars
7/22/08 6:34:16PM
no need to think about, its too soon.
Mchubb316
7/22/08 6:34:37PM
Possibly see Griffen defend his title? I know most of the contenders are fighting coming up, but I guess it is possible.
tepid55
7/22/08 8:57:11PM
If Silva gets through Cote without injury, I'd have him fight Yushin Okami.
GrizzlyChadams
7/22/08 8:58:56PM
BJ is due for a title fight. It just better not be at WW.
KYGUY07
7/23/08 12:50:21PM

Posted by GrizzlyChadams

my feelings exactly i dont like when champions move up in weight, it takes away from the contenders.
loonytnt
7/23/08 3:01:02PM
champ vs champ is great to watch tho
SpiderSilva
7/23/08 5:32:05PM
hell Bj GSP is a great fight no matter what but this time it would be five rounds
ko-kbo130
7/23/08 6:45:03PM

Posted by KYGUY07

Posted by GrizzlyChadams

my feelings exactly i dont like when champions move up in weight, it takes away from the contenders.

yeah but there really is no contender in the LW division right now who will challenge BJ in the slightest. as for WW there may be a few guys that could could give gsp a hard time but i dont really see anyone beating him. BJ/GSP is the best match up i see for both of the two right now.
jocka
7/24/08 12:39:42AM

Posted by ko-kbo130

Posted by KYGUY07

Posted by GrizzlyChadams

yeah but there really is no contender in the LW division right now who will challenge BJ in the slightest. as for WW there may be a few guys that could could give gsp a hard time but i dont really see anyone beating him. BJ/GSP is the best match up i see for both of the two right now.

The only thing i dont like about that match up is that GSP has nothing to win he already defeated Penn, if he wins there is no way in hell he could cut down to 155 to defend the title so the only thing thats on the line is the ww for BJ. Bj should do like silva did take on a gate keeper at WW or even he could fight Fitch when he loose to GSP lol etiher way i think he should stay at LW. But in all honesty a rematch would be sweet
Throwdown
7/24/08 9:04:01AM

The only thing i dont like about that match up is that GSP has nothing to win he already defeated Penn, if he wins there is no way in hell he could cut down to 155 to defend the title so the only thing thats on the line is the ww for BJ. Bj should do like silva did take on a gate keeper at WW or even he could fight Fitch when he loose to GSP lol etiher way i think he should stay at LW. But in all honesty a rematch would be sweet

It would never be a Title vs Title match - this isn't the WWE. They would have to pick a weight class, which I would bet is WW and then fight for that title.

MMAcca
7/24/08 9:43:17AM

Posted by jocka

Posted by ko-kbo130

Posted by KYGUY07

Posted by GrizzlyChadams

Fully fit BJ will take the rematch.
prozacnation1978
7/24/08 11:25:42AM
well with gsp fighting in aug and his two main competitors being sanchez and alves fighting in oct
i see they could sneak a super fight between bj and him non title
in nov

or my other guess is have gsp fight condit
and penn fights winner or huerta vs florian as planned in nov
or have bj forfeit title and move up to fight gsp for belt and in nov have title match for light weight belt

overall these guys need to stick to one weight class only while being champ