ufc 82 main event anyone???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 82 main event anyone???
prozacnation1978
11/6/07 11:50:46AM
i know it might be early but is anyone besides me smelling the main event to be
rampage jackson to defend his belt against the winner of the bisping/evans match
babytater03
11/6/07 12:33:58PM
i dont think that fight is a #1 contender fight at all. You have at least 4 other guys coming off wins who would deserve just as much the title shot.

so i say no to your forcast.
owen1
11/6/07 12:38:33PM
tuvok500
11/6/07 1:11:58PM
well, i say that it is a real posibility !!

if Evans ( sorry, when Evans ) will destroy Bisping he win become a title contender for sure.

jardine is coming from a big win but he was coming from a KO and i think that he will have to face another guy before going for the title.

Forrest same think of jardine, big win but he was coming from a KO so .

forrest / jardine 2 would be a good fight and the winner going for the title after Evans title shot.

the others top contenders are coming from a lost and they are behind because of that i think , so shogun , liddell , Wandy , Hendo and even tito who is coming from a draw are all atleast at 2 win before a title shot i think !!

ohiostate1016
11/6/07 1:51:28PM
Could be a few matches:

Rampage vs. Evans/Bisping
Anderson vs. ???
Heavyweight title match

--or--

Tito vs. Evans-rematch
GSP vs. WW champ

--or--

any other match. This event is the second in Columbus, OH (my hometown), so I hope they put a good main event in there.
Twenty20Dollars
11/6/07 2:09:30PM
bisping vs evans inst a #1 contender fight. whoever wins will be in the top 5 heavyweights is what i saw on a video from dana.

what about forrest vs the winner of bisping/evans to fight rampage.
rabbit915
11/6/07 2:10:59PM
I think the evans/bisping winner is going to have to go through jardine to get a title shot. They might even have to go through Houston Alexander if he wins his fight at UFC 78.
JWils
11/6/07 2:36:33PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i know it might be early but is anyone besides me smelling the main event to be
rampage jackson to defend his belt against the winner of the bisping/evans match

Hopefully Matt Hughes vs. GSP

Naturaldisaster
11/7/07 7:53:50AM
I've heard rumors of 82 main event being rampage vs. the winner of Liddell/Wanderlai
KYGUY07
11/7/07 8:01:54AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I've heard rumors of 82 main event being rampage vs. the winner of Liddell/Wanderlai

who in the blue hell told you that?
Naturaldisaster
11/7/07 8:03:09AM

Posted by KYGUY07

Posted by Naturaldisaster

who in the blue hell told you that?

YOUR MOM! lol
nah I saw it somewhere on a thread
MMAnomale
11/8/07 11:59:38AM
To be honest, Bisping doesn't deserve a shot at Rampage and the title. Anybody who saw him fight Hammil knows he lost that fight. I want to see Matt Hammil fight again. After a couple of fights, he could legitimately be a top-10 to 12 LHW. Although a GREAT wrestler, he was beating Bisping in the standup game.

Rashad doesn't deserve a shot either as of right now.

Forrest Griffin deserves a shot at Rampage. I give him all the credit in the world for beating Shogun. However, the Shogun that fought Forrest, wasn't the same Shogun we've seen fight in Pride. He's young, talented, athletic, a great all-around fighter, and, IMO, one of the top-5 pound-for-pound fighters in the world and if he can get completely committed and devoted to training conditioning, and recoup some old injuries, he has the potential to own the LHW division in the UFC. It's all up to him and how he handles the cage. It just sucks that we can't see what he does so well, stomping people's heads.

And as for the post about rumors of the winner of Liddell/Wandy fighting Rampage, I highly doubt it. Chuck has lost his last two fights. If Wandy wins, they might give him a shot, but I don't think they'd give Chuck a shot this soon after losing his last two fights, although I'd like to see it because I don't think Rampage has Chuck's number. He just got caught, and if you stay in the sport long enough, eventually everyone gets caught. Chuck is a much different fighter since the first time he fought Rampage, but then again, so is Rampage. Chuck is getting older, and I would like to see him get another shot at Rampage, but I doubt they'll let him this soon, even if he beats Wandy.
NatedawgThaM
11/8/07 1:14:37PM
I'm thinking...

Main Event...

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin- UFC LHW title...

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Tito Ortiz

Houston Alexander vs. Keith Jardine 2

Then I think at UFC 82 they have a #1 contenders match even though I HATE this but I highly think they will do this, I think it's...

Winner of Liddell/Wandy vs. Winner of Bisping/Evans with the winner getting the next title shot.

I would hate this SO MUCH because EVEN GOD KNOWS everyone except Wandy out of them deserves the title match for already beating Rampage twice. But if Chuck gets lucky and actually can beat Wandy(Probably shitty Split Decision) then he'd get spoonfed Bisping or Evans which you know he will win becaus ehe's great against GNP fighters since he sprawls and brawls and that's being spoonfed IMO...

Then the other LHW match on the card could be Loser Evans/Bisping or Thiago Silva vs. Machida.

Thiago Silva vs Machida
cmill21
11/8/07 1:16:15PM
Yes that is the rumor, the winner of bisping evans vs rampage. I think right now they've "earned" it more then Jardine and Forrest, for the simple fact that they haven't "lost". I would like to see jardine vs forrest 2 for the next title shot because they both have big wins but they both have upsetting loss'. I personally think bisping vs. evans is baisically an until things get sorted contenders match.
hippysmacker
11/8/07 9:02:08PM

Posted by cmill21

Yes that is the rumor, the winner of bisping evans vs rampage. I think right now they've "earned" it more then Jardine and Forrest, for the simple fact that they haven't "lost". I would like to see jardine vs forrest 2 for the next title shot because they both have big wins but they both have upsetting loss'. I personally think bisping vs. evans is baisically an until things get sorted contenders match.

I agree about the winner of a Forrest/Jardine rematch being the best option. I think the only way the winner of Bisping/ Evans gets a title shot is if it's Evans, and he is very impressive in victory.
CornishMMA
11/9/07 5:34:23AM
WTF?

Ok scrartch the whole of this thread up until this point, why dont any of you know about Rampages broken hand?????? He cant fight until march/april by the latest count, given that he will want at least 4 months solid training and has to wait for it to heal first

It wont be the LHW title at UFC 81 but they have to have a title fight so it will most likely be the MW title, greg savage reported he has heard rumors that its going to be ANDERSON SILVA -VS- DAN HENDERSON