ufc 96 and 97 main cards on pay per view

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 96 and 97 main cards on pay per view
prozacnation1978
2/3/09 8:05:13PM
looks like right now with 96

we have hamill vs munoz
jardine vs rampage
carwin vs gonzaga

interesting note though is how their is 2 spaces left but they already ruled out

vera vs patt, and day vs grove as prelims

with maynard vs miller pretty much snaring one

that means with one left they is still a chance that the ufc will add a bout to the main card yet annouced i have hope that ufc 94 or fight night this weekend someone will jump to fight again maybe a fitch vs karo or gono vs kim fight
or even say neer wins or lauzon they will fight guida

with ufc 97

it looks like

silva vs leites
shogun vs lidell
cane vs cantwell
stann vs soszynski

and yes that last one is annouced for the main card

with herman vs lousieau and mcdonald vs quarry heading toward prelims

unless wiman vs stout is added i think the ufc will have one more bout to add to the main card i would rather see quarry vs mcdonald then stann fight

MFOTHER
2/4/09 9:18:09AM
i think 96 looks pretty crappy, but with the mma overload of the last month, im not complaining.
prozacnation1978
2/4/09 10:47:07AM
try shelling a grand for your trip to see lousy fights
Mayhem13
2/4/09 9:48:24PM
add Kongo vs Hardonk to 97 to round out the maincard.

that card overall is freaking sweet!!
lohmann
2/4/09 10:04:36PM
UFC 97 will be one of those cards where three or four prelims are aired anyway.
Wolfenstein
2/4/09 10:18:33PM
I'm excited for UFC 96 mainly to see Carwin vs Gonzaga and Maynard vs Miller. It definetely could use another solid fight, and if I were going to choose someone, it would be Wanderlei Silva's 185lb debut. I think 96, doesn't look that great on paper, but it's going to produce some really exciting fights.

As far as UFC 97, well they have Chuck and that's enough to be a big PPV so I don't think they're going to put many blockbuster fighters up there. The first two are great, and anytime Luiz Cane is fighting I'll be wathing and salivating for the next highlight reel knockout.

The Soszynski vs Stann matchup, seems like it got misplaced. I can name three fights from the upcoming Fight Night that I would rather see...Joe Lauzon vs Jeremy Stephens, Mac Danzig vs Josh Neer, and Luigi Fioravanti vs Anthony Johnson.

Thank god the UFC does make some crappy matchups though, otherwise we'd all have nothing to bitch about..and that's what we do best!
prozacnation1978
2/5/09 10:24:13AM
kongo is facing hardonck at 97 since when i missed that??
i think fight card is filled now but sweet fight though
Mayhem13
2/5/09 11:42:36AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

kongo is facing hardonck at 97 since when i missed that??
i think fight card is filled now but sweet fight though

hasnt been announced yet, but will shortly...agreements are out now.