ufc 95 and 96 main cards

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 95 and 96 main cards
prozacnation1978
1/8/09 6:35:33PM
i know ufc 95 is free on spike but man is the main card just bad, probably worst ufc event free on spike yet
to make matters worse ufc 96 is not looking good either,
i thought columbus was the place to go watch a fight outside vegas great huge main events last two years and this year it's a thud

technically speaking u have two more slots till whole fight card is full, with lidell being one of them

main card is now looking like

gonzaga vs carwin
hazelett vs saunders
maynard vs miller both those fights should be on fight nights
and lidell vs
5th spot is still open and i am hoping it won't be vera who is 1-3 last 4 fights vs patt who is 0-1

i am hoping they add another big fight there really ins't a co main event,
hughes vs serra would be great lidell vs shogun or forrest would be good
this is what we get when the ufc will put all their eggs in a basket for ufc 100
i huge pay per views with alot of lousy ones for it.
Franklinfan47
1/8/09 7:33:18PM
I'd reserve judgement until the fight cards are completed. Besides, 95 is free so I'm not complaining.
aaa9erh8er
1/8/09 8:28:42PM
hmmm cant rule anything out yet i agree but if its forrest liddel id love to see that free
ohiostate1016
1/9/09 9:54:26AM
Contrary to what you said, I think that 95 is perhaps one of the best free cards that we've gotten.

Sanchez vs. Stevenson - This would perhaps be better served as a co-main event, but Sanchez's debut at LW plus Stevenson trying to get back into the limelight are two great stories.

Hardy vs. Markham - This is a really interesting fight where we get to see if the British boy (Hardy) can prove himself against a solid fighter in Markham. Let's not forget what Markham did to Brodie Farber in his debut.

Gouveia vs. Marquardt - Two guys not necessarily on the top level of the MW division, but this is a great matchup that will most like produce a solid fight.

Maia vs. Sonnen - Sonnen's return to the UFC plus Maia gets a chance to get a win over a truly legit fighter and the last champion of the WEC.

Kos vs. Thiago - I don't know about you guys, but I'm just happy to still have Kos in the UFC. Plus, this Paulo Thiago dude is pretty mysterious to us at this point; I wanna see what he has.

Dos Santos vs. Struve - This should probably be on the main card. Two of the guys that the UFC is going to try to build the future of the HW division on, and they're going to fight on the undercard of this one.

Plus Buccholz vs. Etim, Gugerty vs. Lawson, and Kelly vs. Mandaloniz all have great fight written all over them.

96 could be a little stronger, but we all knew that the cards leading up to 100 were probably going to be a little weak. Liddell fighting plus a possible HW no. 1 contender's fight is enough to carry this card. After that, there are a bunch of fights that are definitely going to be great: Maynard vs. Miller, Hazelett vs. Saunders, and more.
bls1919
1/10/09 8:39:07PM
95 is free so no bitchin out of me on that one. And 96 IMo is a good card. Gonzaga Vs Carwin. This fight will legitimize Shane Carwin. I am really looking forward to the Grey Marnard/Jim Miller fight. Most likley FOTN.
Mayhem13
1/11/09 12:51:30AM
looks like Sherk vs Fisher may be added here soon....

I think if it happens...Sherk will smash him
Rabi
1/11/09 3:39:41AM
Im goin to UFC 95 and im excited about the card. The main event isnt massive but I think all the main card fights seem really evenly matched, ( not inc Koshcheck match as i dont know anything about his opponent).
Mayhem13
1/11/09 12:42:38PM

Posted by Rabi

Im goin to UFC 95 and im excited about the card. The main event isnt massive but I think all the main card fights seem really evenly matched, ( not inc Koshcheck match as i dont know anything about his opponent).

I cant wait to see Gouevia vs MArquardt and Sonnen vs Maia!! both of those fights are awesome!!!

heres a HL of Pualo Thiago...he looks pretty tough, but I think Kos will beat him up

HL Vid