ufc 86 main card is now official!!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 86 main card is now official!!!!!
prozacnation1978
5/18/08 10:10:48PM
i was hoping that cause they got rid of the mir bout on the main card they would replace it with another good fight
but ufc.com has now made the tyson griffin vs aurelio fight the 5th fight
one good main event

4 so so matches in
almeida vs cote
griffin vs aurelio
stevenson vs tibau
kos vs lytle

are those good matches???
i think they needed another big name match, now looking back at the 800 dollar plus trip i shelled out already to see these fights i hope they are worth it, cause looking at that card plus a bunch of no name tuf and fight night fighters to round out the prelims is kind of making me ill.

now before you snap judgement, look at ufc 84 and 85 cards, compare it to this where not even a nathan marquadt match gets main carded now a nakamura vs sokou match being on one, this is a weak card!!!!!!!
Aaronno9
5/18/08 10:14:24PM
Not the best card out there by a long shot, but i think jackson vs forrest is a huge draw, and while their isnt any other huge names on the card, i still think some of the fights will be awesome.
DevonFoxy
5/18/08 10:15:35PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i was hoping that cause they got rid of the mir bout on the main card they would replace it with another good fight
but ufc.com has now made the tyson griffin vs aurelio fight the 5th fight
one good main event

4 so so matches in
almeida vs cote
griffin vs aurelio
stevenson vs tibau
kos vs lytle

are those good matches???
i think they needed another big name match, now looking back at the 800 dollar plus trip i shelled out already to see these fights i hope they are worth it, cause looking at that card plus a bunch of no name tuf and fight night fighters to round out the prelims is kind of makinng me ill.

now beofore you snap judgement, look at ufc 84 and 85 cards, compare it to this where not even a nathan marquadt match gets main carded now a nakamura vs sokou match being on one, this is a weak card!!!!!!!

This card is seriously one of the most stacked I've seen in awhile. I really don't see how this is a weak card at all those are all matches that could go either way. Mebbe the big names aren't there but still

I guess it may just be me but

Griffin vs Jackson
almeida vs cote
griffin vs aurelio
stevenson vs tibau
kos vs lytle

thats a must see card for me just based on the unpredictability but hey I guess thats just me
juanez13
5/18/08 10:15:42PM
Yea not as strong as 84, but a bit closer to 85, although i still give the edge to 85.......86 not a great card PPV wise, but if you are there live it should be a good event, some fights potential great fights, and im sure Griffin vs Rampage will be a War.
aaa9erh8er
5/18/08 10:22:00PM
man im shoveld out almost a grand so far to go see this.
and i cant wait. i agree with the unpredictablity of alot of the fights are interesting matchups,.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/18/08 10:47:00PM
It'll be worth it if all the underdogs win.
Twenty20Dollars
5/18/08 11:07:57PM
i think those are great matchups. i mean they are all known guys in the division that have some hype around them. they should all provide solid matches.
IriShame
5/19/08 12:02:31AM
Come on man. What more do you want?
holt8081
5/19/08 12:23:23AM
Kos, Stevenson and Griffin will all be good fights
MMAcca
5/19/08 1:31:01AM
This is definately a solid,solid card and like others have said very unpredictable.

All of the fighters are highly ranked in their respective divisions too, which makes each fight mean something....
prozacnation1978
5/19/08 12:13:12PM
you might be right!!
when i went to 79 i didn't like the matches besides the big 3
and i had a funnier time at that event than knockout.
i guess sometimes you can't win them all
but keeping the mir fight would have pleased me,
hey i wonder since they dropped it if they will add another match??
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/19/08 12:26:46PM
Soooooo pumped for the Cote fight.

Coooooooooote Cote, Cote, Cote
CornishMMA
5/21/08 1:06:29PM
WTF i think its a quality main card!

all close fights with fairly big names, Tyson Griffin is FOTN man and Auerlip will be his toughest test yet, return of Daddy against the very tough Tibua! Top MW contenders match with Cote and Almeida, they are all 50/50 imo, im not so into Kos Lytle cos i think it will be just like Hughes Lytle but im looking forward to this and what a main event
prozacnation1978
5/21/08 5:41:22PM
you guys are easily pleased!!!!
but i still think they will add a 11th fight since the last couple have been
and even though this might suck nothing is worst than the england fans getting totally screwed over there in the fight card
hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!