main card for ufc 91 in nov is finalized now

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » main card for ufc 91 in nov is finalized now
prozacnation1978
10/1/08 8:07:52PM
looks like the pay per view portion is in

4 i knew of

lesnar vs couture
maia vs quarry
stevenson vs florian
and gonzaga vs hendricks

the 5th i was thinking mccory vs hazelette but it will instead be

amir sadallah vs catone

this is a weak main card you lose the main event and this would be the worst main card of the year. by far one of the weakest i am glad ufc 92 is better with

mir vs big nog
griffin vs evans
okami vs lister
wandy vs rampage

so far
juanez13
10/1/08 8:13:04PM
The rest of the main card may not have star power, but IMO every fight is very intersting, with the exception of the Amir fight. Hazelett/McCory should have been in the main card, but hopefully we get to see it if there is enough time on the PPV slot.
Wolfenstein
10/1/08 8:16:10PM
Yeah everyone kind of knew that the UFC wasn't going to put a stacked card out since all they really needed was the big main event to sell PPV's.

I am looking forward to Stevenson vs Florian and Maia vs Quarry. I'm not that interested in seeing Amir vs Catone which seems like a fight night matchup, or Gonzaga fighting a confidence booster. The UFC has me though; I have to see Lesnar vs Randy.
JoeySteel
10/1/08 8:39:58PM
yo crazy.

lesnar vs couture
maia vs quarry
stevenson vs florian
and gonzaga vs hendricks

these fights are AWESOME.

I would watch quarry and gonzaga fight lamp posts. They are machines nowhere near their primes. That means every fight they get better and may surprise ya.

stevenson vs. florian. FINALLY Kenny is fighting someone he should be fighting, this fight should have happened right after the BJ fight. Tough to call, and it will be intense. Could be fight of the year.

Lesner. (period)
Couture a year or so out, dude is like 48 yrs old or something fighting a dude who eats old men for mid day snacks. Couture better BJJ his shit together, cause Lesner is a freak with skills. But I keep betting against Couture and he keeps shutting me up.

THat said Griffin vs. Evans will be sweet. I think 91 is a better card than 92.

nickcuc547
10/1/08 8:44:54PM
they don't need another headliner with that main event, I guarantee sadollah vs. catone will be on the card, they always put the tuf winners on the main card.
juanez13
10/1/08 8:55:05PM

Posted by nickcuc547

they don't need another headliner with that main event, I guarantee sadollah vs. catone will be on the card, they always put the tuf winners on the main card.

It is, main card is already set. Amir/Catone looks to be the first fight of the PPV
HENDO915
10/1/08 9:46:01PM
91 is a great card, lesnar vs. couture, gonzaga, Stevonson v. Florian, and a great fight in the nate and damion fight. This card is good. It's one of the best so far. The Main event is so grate, you can't have another super fight on this card. This card has a super fight and then some other great fights.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/2/08 1:22:08AM
stevenson/florian & lesnar/couture r unnecessary yo debate their awesomeness
maia/quarry will be a treat
gonzaga being on main card should make room for an earlier fight (like most the MMA Army, i hope to see hazelett/mccrory)
all in all should be fun as hell to watch
Franklinfan47
10/2/08 11:04:58PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Yeah everyone kind of knew that the UFC wasn't going to put a stacked card out since all they really needed was the big main event to sell PPV's.

I am looking forward to Stevenson vs Florian and Maia vs Quarry. I'm not that interested in seeing Amir vs Catone which seems like a fight night matchup, or Gonzaga fighting a confidence booster. The UFC has me though; I have to see Lesnar vs Randy.

prozacnation1978
10/3/08 9:29:19AM
we are all suckers aren't we
jawbreaker517
10/5/08 10:40:54PM
I do think that UFC 92 will be a better card, but I don't think that this one is too bad either.
higdon10
10/6/08 11:10:31PM
Florian/Joe Daddy is gonna be awesome...If I could only watch one fight for the rest of the calender year thats the fight I would choose..