C.B. On Main Card?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » C.B. On Main Card?
Fearless915
10/30/08 11:06:05PM
Why is C.B. on the main card for UFC 92 while Okami is on the under card? It doesn't make any sense. I rather see Matt Hammil face Reese Andy than C.B. fight.
higdon10
10/30/08 11:18:28PM
Yeah Okami/Lister and Hamill/Andy are more intriguing fights..But C.B is a TUF guy and the common fan knows his name.
Aaronno9
10/30/08 11:58:51PM
At the end of the day, C.B gained a following through tuf, and he won his last fight. So like it or lump it, danas going to put him on the main card, becouse chances are, he has more fans than okami. I mean, to the casual fan, he aint nothing more than a boring Japanese guy. Same with Machida.
Jackelope
10/31/08 1:45:08AM
I'd kill to see that Lister vs. Okami fight get bumped up, but then again I can't say I'm too bummed about getting to watch CB fight.

It is always nice to see the development of promising TUF'ers throughout their careers.
MMAcca
10/31/08 2:29:11AM

Posted by Aaronno9

At the end of the day, C.B gained a following through tuf, and he won his last fight. So like it or lump it, danas going to put him on the main card, becouse chances are, he has more fans than okami. I mean, to the casual fan, he aint nothing more than a boring Japanese guy. Same with Machida.

Machida = Definately not boring
coldchillin
10/31/08 4:14:28AM
what a joke Okami vs. Lister isn't on the main card but Dolloway's fight is? Based off what... wasn't Okami just going to be fighting for the MW strap before he got hurt?
Naturaldisaster
10/31/08 4:55:28AM
This is BS. I would much rather see hamill fight than C.B. Hamill is getting better with every fight, and is becoming more entertaining. I think C.B. is overrated. WAR JORGE!!!
copcopps
10/31/08 9:10:50AM
I've loved Jorge ever since TUF 4, very serious but calm and not a dickhead. all I have to say Conquer El Conquistador
prozacnation1978
10/31/08 9:12:05AM
i don't get it either i am going live but hamill or okami not on main card is sad
kongo is alright but cb come on. i thought this would be best fight card of year
and besides big 3 and okami card sucks. at least i can see heavyweights fight instead of cards full of light weights fighting
DCRage
10/31/08 9:42:15AM
I would've preferred to have Hamill on the main card of course, but Lister-Okami, as good as those guys are, has snoozefest written all over it. I'd rather see CB bust out that Peruvian Necktie again.
4u2nv
10/31/08 9:44:24AM
wow C.B is lame. I'd so rather see the undercard fights... idk Dana what r u thinking.
Fearless915
10/31/08 12:00:43PM
Yea I guess C.B. is more popular but it still sucks he is on the main card. It may because I really don't like C.B. It pissed me off after Amir beat him he had the balls to say he didn't tap when he clearly did. He also kneed Taylor illegally which probably caused Jesse Taylor to lose because he was out of it.
gsquat
10/31/08 12:13:43PM
I think CB is gonna get subbed. So you wont have to worry about seeing him on the main card for much longer. And anyone who thinks Machida is boring doesn't truly appreciate MMA.
postman
10/31/08 12:41:15PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

This is BS. I would much rather see hamill fight than C.B. Hamill is getting better with every fight, and is becoming more entertaining. I think C.B. is overrated. WAR JORGE!!!

Hamill lookd like crap agianst Franklin and what dose Jorge have to do with anything?
Franklinfan47
10/31/08 12:55:05PM

Posted by postman

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Hamill lookd like crap agianst Franklin and what dose Jorge have to do with anything?

True, but I think Hamill had some trouble mentally going against a big name who he looked up to like Rich Franklin. I think in this fight he'll be back to the old Hamill and take it to Andy. Putting him on the undercard was probably the best thing they could do for him.

They're saying Jorge cuz initially the rumour was Dolloway was going to fight Jorge Rivera, but its now been confirmed that its Mike Massenzio.

I think CB's getting his ass submitted in this one.
copcopps
10/31/08 3:46:42PM
Yeah originally I picked CB to beat Jorge, then I changed after I remember who CB was (kept getting him confused with two other guys), and my faith in lessened even more against Messenzio
Jackelope
10/31/08 4:41:43PM
Easy on the fighter bashing dudes. I'm handing out warnings and editing posts... read the forum rules. You can't just go around calling fighters "bums" You can state in an educated manner that you don't feel they have the skillset necessary to become a top 10 guy, but calling them a "bum" is unacceptable.

Blatant performer bashing (fighters, referees, promoters, etc) will not be tolerated. Stating your opinion in a factual, non-profane manner is acceptable. Example: "I don't really like [fighter name]", "I don't agree with the call that [referee name] made", etc. Flaming/libel is not acceptable. Example: "[Fighter name] is an utter piece of crap", "F*** [fight promoter]! He/She is a walking turd!", etc. Try putting yourself in a fighters place, having worked and trained hard to get where you are, having put your body and health on the line for the entertainment of others, and then imagine reading a forum topic where people who don't even know you are calling you a piece of garbage. "Least favorite fighters", "most overrated", and "fighters you hate" are thread topics that promote fighter bashing.
DevonFoxy
10/31/08 8:23:30PM
So first of all CB is fighting Mike Messenzio not Jorge Rivera.

Mike is very talented and is a serious contender to the MW division. CB Dollaway is also no joke and they are both wrestlers. Crazy thing is like CB's last fight CB has wrestled this guy before and beat him however Mike ended up going further in a tourney so who knows.
Mike is also the only person who has beaten Dan Miller who is very talented.
Should be a great fight none the less.
Pitbull09
10/31/08 10:35:31PM
Of course I would want the Okami fight but people like the girl at my school who only whats TUF would rather see the Dollaway fight not to mention Riddle at 92. Its alittle odd if Okami is the next title fight, that means the last two title fight at MW didn;t feature an american fighter. Thats how big the UFC is getting.

That is off topic though
higdon10
11/1/08 12:18:41AM
Messenzio is no joke. Should be a good fight.
Fearless915
11/1/08 3:59:42PM
I don't know why people like C.B. so much. He isn't that good. Put some other ultimate fighter on the card that's actually entertaining like Nate Diaz or something.
higdon10
11/1/08 4:17:46PM

Posted by Fearless915

I don't know why people like C.B. so much. He isn't that good. Put some other ultimate fighter on the card that's actually entertaining like Nate Diaz or something.

C.B. is a very soild fighter. Good wrestling, solid hands, far from a bad fighter.
copcopps
11/1/08 4:31:37PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by Fearless915

C.B. is a very soild fighter. Good wrestling, solid hands, far from a bad fighter.

Also not to sloppy submissions, but I'm still taking Messenzio, cooler name and seems to like armlocks which is what CB succumbed to on his first fight
fullerene
11/1/08 6:12:04PM
I agree that Lister-Okami is a better fight. But the purpose of the card is to sell tickets and C.B. probably does that better than those guys. Plus neither Lister nor Okami has a very dynamic striking game and, with Lister better on the ground but Okami better wrestling on the feet, I think it might be all boring standup. If I was Okami I'd try to make it that way.
fonduktoe
11/2/08 12:24:54AM

Posted by fullerene

I agree that Lister-Okami is a better fight. But the purpose of the card is to sell tickets and C.B. probably does that better than those guys. Plus neither Lister nor Okami has a very dynamic striking game and, with Lister better on the ground but Okami better wrestling on the feet, I think it might be all boring standup. If I was Okami I'd try to make it that way.

style-wise the okami-lister bout does have naptime written all over it and people need to realize that this is a spectator sport
haggiswashere
11/2/08 7:38:17AM

Posted by Fearless915

Yea I guess C.B. is more popular but it still sucks he is on the main card. It may because I really don't like C.B. It pissed me off after Amir beat him he had the balls to say he didn't tap when he clearly did. He also kneed Taylor illegally which probably caused Jesse Taylor to lose because he was out of it.

CB has apologized to everyone inluding amir for it though. it was a one time admitted mistake. i talk to cb every once in a while on mma jacked and he is actually a pretty cool guy. i will admit he is a little arogant but he is still cool. and im an amir nuthugger.
jawbreaker517
11/2/08 12:47:21PM
I personally think this guy is a cry-baby and he's not as good as everyone says. His wins didn't even impress me too much. I definitely don't think he should be on the main card over someone like Okami.
bls1919
11/2/08 8:46:24PM
Kind of Surprising, but they have hgim against a can and are probably trying to hype him. I would love to see Lister/Okami Hamill/Andy or even Blackburn/Chonan.