The maddest I have ever been at myself

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The maddest I have ever been at myself
george112
3/6/13 1:30:31AM
I flooded my apartment.

Words cannot even describe the anger i feel towards myself.

Put a load of laundry in. Went to walmart. come back to soaking carpets and about a half inch of standing water
cowcatcher
3/6/13 1:44:59AM
Soooo...

Pool party at George's?
Poor_Franklin
3/6/13 4:55:05AM
you came in 7th at 157....that should help get you through it!
postman
3/6/13 7:57:20AM
Think of it as a free carpet shampoo
grappler0000
3/6/13 8:00:21AM
For your neighbors' sake, I hope you're on the first floor.
grappler0000
3/6/13 8:28:39AM
"Ladies, when you come back to my place, I'll have you wet in seconds"

"...or your money back."
Shawn91111
3/6/13 9:17:48AM
What did you get at Walmart?
airkerma
3/6/13 9:31:46AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Hopefully a new washer.

If a watched pot never boils, does a watched washer never leak? Might be worth investigating...get some grad students on the case
Shawn91111
3/6/13 10:45:13AM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Shawn91111

Hopefully a new washer.

If a watched pot never boils, does a watched washer never leak? Might be worth investigating...get some grad students on the case

Id go with a shop vac over a new washer if I was George at this time.
sparky
3/6/13 12:36:26PM
George thats definitely not an OG move right there
Bubbles
3/6/13 12:50:38PM
Leahbea112, can you chime in on this madness?
george112
3/6/13 11:17:45PM
Alright guys heres the story

I have a portable washing machine. Hooks up to my sink. Personally i think its badass. Anyways i decide i want to do a load of laundry before i go to walmart. well there is a drainage hose that your supposed to put in the sink for when it drains the water and refills and what not. well guess who forgot to put the drainage hose in the sink.. This guy

as soon as i got home i realized what i had done. drove back to walmart bought a shop vac and spent my night vacuuming
Shawn91111
3/6/13 11:23:51PM

Posted by george112

Alright guys heres the story

I have a portable washing machine. Hooks up to my sink. Personally i think its badass. Anyways i decide i want to do a load of laundry before i go to walmart. well there is a drainage hose that your supposed to put in the sink for when it drains the water and refills and what not. well guess who forgot to put the drainage hose in the sink.. This guy

as soon as i got home i realized what i had done. drove back to walmart bought a shop vac and spent my night vacuuming

So your woman can make you a sammich and do laundry at the same time?

prozacnation1978
3/7/13 7:06:28PM
How is that possible

Did you put too much detergent in ?
Kpro
3/8/13 3:39:30AM
Could be worse! I had forgot to let the water drip slightly for constant flow in the pipes before heading to bed one night on a freezing night and the water froze in the pipes at a condo I owned about 10 years ago and it'd been 12+ hours so I ended up having a plumber head out the next day and he applied his torch to it, to melt the ice, and the late 70's brass pipes burst immediately in multiple spots starting to flood my entire downstairs in a projectile vomiting speed of water flow.

I immediately got on the phone with the head of the Homeowners Association where I lived and they let me know the water turn off was a few feet underneath the ground in the grass but didn't know where it was for my group of condo's with shared walls (There were about 20 buildings of which 4 condo's shared walls in each, each unit was two-story). There was well over a foot of snow on the ground so no way to spot a metal cover in the grass to find the water turn-off.

The plumber, and I, and neighbors piling up by the minute were digging in the deep snow that was basically hardened into ice where it met the grass, looking for a metal topped water turn-off hole in the grass for my group of 4 units. About 2-3 hours from the pipe bursting we found the right hole in the ground/grass for my unit but the turn-off spot was unreachable by hand and required a long Water Shutoff Wrench of which no one with the Homeowners Association knew where it was (The Association was 100% made up of residents who were volunteers, go figure). It took another hour to locate the tool, and the water was turned off about 4 hours after The Great Condo Flood of 2002 had started.

And that concludes how to spend just over $30k in one afternoon without shopping! At least your landlord or company who owns your apartments gets to foot your bill so the glass is half full! No pun intended.