Madden 11

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Madden 11
Wand_is_GOD
8/9/10 11:38:39AM
Any one getting it tomorrow ??? I am and I am excited
Jackelope
8/9/10 11:53:52AM
Yes sir! I'm not generally one of those guys who goes crazy over video game releases. I think I've bought a grand total of 1 game this year and that was Red Dead Redemption. Which I've had since the beginning of summer and still haven't beat.

BUT- when it comes to Madden I pre-ordered it and have been thinking about it all week, haha. I'll probably play through a whole season this weekend alone. Fricken love Madden!
babalu46
8/9/10 8:13:27PM
I didn't even realise it was getting released yet although i'm gonna have to wait till Friday over here but i get paid Friday, it's almost like it was meant to be
shotgunshine
8/10/10 2:54:14PM
I was thinking of picking this one up. For the most part theres been nothing but really good things said about this years edition.
ChrisSabal
8/10/10 3:10:40PM
ok yes this years edition is pretty good. I have it. Ummm couple complaints though.

AP is just toooooo damn good. He broke every first tackle besides once. He had like 227 rushing yards in 17 rushes. But in saying that Brett Favre isn't that great. Thank god. He had like 3 or 4 passes literally slip from his hand.

They changed the play picking system but you can get rid of the new way. For me the old way is the way to go.

Also the kicking is changed to a much easier way. I like it because the r stick I would always screw up and accidentaly shank a kick.

Ummmm kick returns are another thing. I already have 2 in 2 games. And 1 punt return that was called back because of my guy who clipped the PUNTER!

The AI I noticed is dumb at times. I had a run with Ronnie Brown and instead of coming towards me he kept backing up to the left and I was running just straight up and I blew right by him.

Brandon Marshall so far I noticed is the WR to get if you do a fantasy draft. The guy is absolutely an animal. He had 224 receiving yards on like 7 catches.

I know that is alot for one video game. But I'm just letting you guys know some stuff. Just in case you were thinking about buying it.

The_Metal_Maniac
8/11/10 10:06:22AM
Here's a list of X-Box achievements for Madden 11.

Butterfingers (50) Force 3 fumbles in a game (no OTP)

Comeback Kids (40) win after being behind in the last 2 min of a game (no OTP, min qtr. length. 3 min)

Deadly Accurate (30) Have a 92% or higher completion percentage in a game (min 20 att., no OTP)

Defensive Dominance (75) Hold your opponent to under 100 yards of offense

Did I Break It? (40) Win a game by at least 59 points (max qtr. length. 7 min, no OTP)

Fantasy Freak (25) Rush for over 200 yards in a game with one player (no OTP)

He's Got All Day (20) Stay in the pocket for 10 seconds (no OTP)

Home Run (25) Break an 80+ yard touchdown run (no OTP)

Laces Out (40) kick a 60+ yard Field Goal (no OTP)

Madden Moments (100) Complete the "Super Bowl Sunday" Madden Moment

Man Dozer (25) Rush for 50 yards after the first hit in one game (no OTP)

Nano (10) Tackle the QB before he can hand the ball off (no OTP)

No Offense (50) Intercept 5 passes in a game (no OTP)

Old Spice Swagger Pick 6 (25) Intercept a pass and return it for a touchdown (no OTP)

Old Spice Swagger Return (45) Return a punt for a touchdown (no OTP)

Perfect Game (50) Have a perfect passer rating in a game (no OTP)

Pick up 6 (75) Win a Fight for the Fumble in the end zone for a TD (no OTP)

Sack Master (25) Record 5 sacks in a game with one player (no OTP)

Thanks for Coming (10) Play the Pro Bowl (Franchise Mode)

The Elusive Man (25) Break 5 tackles in a game with one player (no OTP)

Verizon Master Strategist (5) Create a custom Game plan

Very Special Teams (100) Return 2 kicks for touchdowns in one game with one player (no OTP)

Winning Isn't Everything (75) Catch 21 passes in a game with one player (no OTP)

YACtastic (35) Have over 100 YAC in one game (no OTP)

Jackelope
8/11/10 1:22:48PM
Damn it. I should have done my research. I didn't know they took training mode out. I loved building up players. I think that's such crap
emfleek
8/11/10 2:01:19PM

Posted by Jackelope

Damn it. I should have done my research. I didn't know they took training mode out. I loved building up players. I think that's such crap

What's your overall opinion of the game? Better than last year? Not as good as last year? Noticable improvements/decline?
Jackelope
8/11/10 3:42:23PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Jackelope

What's your overall opinion of the game? Better than last year? Not as good as last year? Noticable improvements/decline?

Well I didn't buy last year's, so it's hard for me to comment on that.

As far as vs. Madden '09 I would say that it definitely has some very cool features. As mentioned above I really miss the training system (That was basically the sole longevity value of '09 IMO)

Also, it should be noted that the two commentators are Chris Collinsworth and Gus Johnson. My God. Could they have picked a worse combo? It's annoying as hell. They should have thrown Mauro Renallo and Goldberg in there if they really wanted to piss us off THAT bad. I hate both those douches.

The graphics are intense. The defensive line play is a HELL of a lot better. I actually like the new play calling system, too. Those all get A+ grades from me.

Besides the negatives of no training, shitty announcers, and what looks to be more effort towards advertisement than gameplay I'd have to say it's not too bad. Worth the buy if you are still clinging to Madden '08 or maybe '09 just for the roster updates.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm already tired of seeing Adrian Peterson on the NFL offensive player of the week highlight EVERY SINGLE week. He ran for 285 yards and caught 40 yds of passes just this last week. I think he was 220 yds rushing the week before that. Stupid.

Sorry for the overall negative review. Probably give it a 6/10 or 6.5/10 maybe.
Shawn91111
8/11/10 6:46:09PM
I havent been a Madden game fan in a long time. Always thought NCAA was a much better game.
emfleek
8/11/10 7:21:19PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I havent been a Madden game fan in a long time. Always thought NCAA was a much better game.

Madden, to me, got stale (and has been) for the longest time and failed to evolve enough to warrant an annual release. I understand why they do it and I always find myself buying it, but I haven't been blown away by any release for a while now. I've always thought about switching to NCAA but never have. I think it's because I have no rooting interest in college football. I love watching it but wouldn't consider myself a fan of any team in particular.
ChrisSabal
8/11/10 11:29:20PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Here is my rule of thumb on NCAA and Madden.

Madden much much much much better gameplay. NCAA alot more fun when you simulate. You can do alot more in NCAA then you can do in Madden.
emfleek
8/12/10 8:56:42AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Madden much much much much better gameplay. NCAA alot more fun when you simulate. You can do alot more in NCAA then you can do in Madden.

How can simulation be any fun? You push a button and watch.
Jackelope
8/12/10 8:59:45AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ChrisSabal

How can simulation be any fun? You push a button and watch.

It was awesome in the earlier Maddens when you had training camp. I used to sim franchise mode all the time. I'd just train my 3 players that it let you every week and watch the numbers they put up during simmed games. Something was fun about scouting, drafting, signing, and training rookies through a whole 10 year career with a franchise. Since you could only train 3 of them each week and only train a player 5 times a year you had to pick key positions to train that would improve the overall team enough to sometimes even go undefeated through simmed seasons. I thought it was a lot of fun. Plus, there was the side benefit of not having to hear Collinsworth run at the mouth for the whole game.
Wand_is_GOD
8/12/10 9:28:31AM
i have no problem with the AP in my season i am in week 4 and he has 345 yards. and this game is amazing GO BRONCOS
emfleek
8/12/10 9:34:46AM

Posted by Jackelope

It was awesome in the earlier Maddens when you had training camp. I used to sim franchise mode all the time. I'd just train my 3 players that it let you every week and watch the numbers they put up during simmed games. Something was fun about scouting, drafting, signing, and training rookies through a whole 10 year career with a franchise. Since you could only train 3 of them each week and only train a player 5 times a year you had to pick key positions to train that would improve the overall team enough to sometimes even go undefeated through simmed seasons. I thought it was a lot of fun. Plus, there was the side benefit of not having to hear Collinsworth run at the mouth for the whole game.

Don't get me wrong, I've simulated my fair share of games/seasons (I don't play pre-season games). I just don't consider the simulation aspect to be "fun" since the only thing you're doing is watching. It's a necessary aspect, just not a fun aspect. To me, it's like watching the computer play an entire 4-quarter game. I just don't get any actual enjoyment out of it. I prefer to play 5-minute quarters on a higher difficulty setting in order to achieve the most realistic results (stat-wise) possible.
Jackelope
8/12/10 1:48:06PM

Posted by Wand_is_GOD

i have no problem with the AP in my season i am in week 4 and he has 345 yards. and this game is amazing GO BRONCOS

Fantasy draft, or is he on the vikings with the original roster? You're the first person I've heard saying he's not completely destroying the competition.
Wand_is_GOD
8/12/10 4:45:28PM
Orignal he is 3ed behind Frank Gore and Chris Johnson
ChrisSabal
8/13/10 12:05:08PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Jackelope

Don't get me wrong, I've simulated my fair share of games/seasons (I don't play pre-season games). I just don't consider the simulation aspect to be "fun" since the only thing you're doing is watching. It's a necessary aspect, just not a fun aspect. To me, it's like watching the computer play an entire 4-quarter game. I just don't get any actual enjoyment out of it. I prefer to play 5-minute quarters on a higher difficulty setting in order to achieve the most realistic results (stat-wise) possible.

What I'm saying is there is a lot more to do when you simulate NCAA. You have recruits to bring in. You can check standings of top 25 and heisman and so on. Madden all you really do is simulate. Which is why when you simulate Madden its not that fun.
emfleek
8/13/10 12:55:19PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

What I'm saying is there is a lot more to do when you simulate NCAA. You have recruits to bring in. You can check standings of top 25 and heisman and so on. Madden all you really do is simulate. Which is why when you simulate Madden its not that fun.

That makes more sense!

BlueSkiesBurn
8/13/10 1:44:30PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

I completely agree with this sentiment. As everyone on this site knows I have a CLEAR college football bias. However, I think gameplay-wise NCAA is just a better game. Be it campus legend, dynasty mode, or flat out picking a team and playing an entire season with them and trying to recruit. Recruiting to me is the most fun thing in the world. You try to figure out what will get them to commit to your university, it can be a tricky game in it of itself. I'd have to say that the only things I don't like about NCAA are the fact that they will make a team like Oklahoma or Florida so ******* impossible to beat while making other CLEARLY amazing teams like Boise St or TCU a bit above average. Oh, and I hate that if you're playing campus legend mode and you go undefeated and win the national championship it still says you've won 0 bowl games. I guess the biggest bowl of all doesn't count.

Edit: it's also awesome that you can get your other players awards whereas you can't do that in Madden. Like you can run the hell out of your RB to put him in the running for the Doak Walker while still throwing bombs to your receiver trying to get him the the Biletnikoff Award. All while securing the Heisman and Davey O'Brien award for your QB